IT's October!! What do you have planned?!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 2 Post By MidgeMadge
  • 2 Post By youngwoman
  • 2 Post By Babymakes8
  • 1 Post By stresswife
  • 1 Post By Cassie.S
  • 2 Post By acupofjoe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 06:20 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're heading into fall, and I'm curious as to what possible plans everyone has for this month?!

This month there's a lot of fall festivals around us! I'm so excited about them all!!

We're going to the first one this Friday, Atwood Fall Festival. This is a yearly tradition for Dh and I. We always go on Friday, when most of the kids are in school. This way it seems sort of like a "date" for us lol I enjoy it because there's a lot of craft vendors and DH likes seeing the steam Engine train.

Next weekend we're hitting the Algonquin Mill Festival. My Aunt and Uncle display their photography there and a friend of mine spins her own yarn and shows it there. They make all kinds of neat things there, like lard, apple butter, fresh milled flour, etc.

Then, 3rd weekend in October is the Apple Stirrin' Festival. There will be apple dumplings, chili and soup beans cooked in big open kettles over a fire, fresh honey, craft vendors, live music, and a train ride for kids.

Sometime between all that we're also taking the kids to the Pumpkin Patch AND shopping for Halloween costumes. We are dressing up as an Amish family LOL

October 1st, 2012, 06:26 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
your month sounds awesome!!!

my biggest thing for the month is CLEANING...this is the month i usually move around clothes...summer to fall/winter stuff...need to check coats and boots to see who fits what so i can prepare to buy new stuff if needed...

lets see we are probably going to a pumpkin patch this year....for a birthday party for a friends daughter, we usually do it every other year with them since they live a good 1.5-2hours away....plus every other year they do birthday parties with her family who is a good bit away from them...but anyways the kids always have fun so that should be the 28th though

umm this weekend my sister and nephew might be coming down to spend the weekend YAY!!!

the 20th is my best friends birthday party (her bday is the 21st) but her husband is throwing her a party on the 20th...so we will be going to that....

i need to get costumes for the girls hopefully by the end of the week i'll get that done...

the kids have off school on the 18th and 19th....so im hoping to do something fun with them then....maybe convince dh to take the 19th off of work so we can maybe go down to the little pumpkin patch around our area...and see if we can invite our neighbors to go with...maybe...i need to bring that up to him! (and them) or maybe do it on the 13th or 14th (weekend)
Babymakes8 likes this.

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 1st, 2012, 06:33 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
October is relatively quite for us, usually. I have to look around online at my local sites and see what's going on before I decide what we're doing! lol

Probably a pumpkin patch, and an apple orchard. Maybe a festival or something, if there is one. Usually that type of stuff.
*Kiliki* and Babymakes8 like this.

October 1st, 2012, 06:35 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DISNEY!!!!

Can you tell I'm excited? We'll be there in less than two weeks! Woo!

Leah also starts dance class this month, we'll celebrate my DH's birthday (Halloween), and I'm sure we'll make a trip to the pumpkin patch at some point. I love October.
*Kiliki* and Babymakes8 like this.

October 1st, 2012, 06:43 AM
omg Amanda I am jealous of your disney trip!!!!!!!!!! we haven't been since Raianna was 1.5!!! we want to take the kids sometime in the next couple of years

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*

October 1st, 2012, 08:06 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm jealous of the Disney trip, too! We wanted to take our kids this year, it just didn't work out. The cheapest way for us to go (and that's not to make me sound like a cheapskate, but we have 6 kids) is to stay at the campground 3 nights with 4 day passes to Disney parks, for $1800. That's a lot of money! But, we found an Orlando Rental home for $500 for a week, and then we'd just buy tickets for the day(s) we needed. My kids really want to go to Clearwater, Fl to see Winter the Dolphin from Dolphin Tale.

I totally forgot to include in my original post that we're having Squeakers birthday party this Saturday. Her actual birthday was September 19, but this Saturday was the earliest all the family (grandparents) and friends could get together.
youngwoman and *Kiliki* like this.

October 1st, 2012, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
we're gonna go to a pumpkin patch and I'm sure there are some festivals around.. the State fair is this weekend BUT I'd rather scratch my eye out than deal with the traffic and people in Dallas lol.
we're also going to Oklahoma to visit my mom for a week at Halloween
*Kiliki* likes this.

October 1st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
October is going to be super busy for us. This weekend is my baby shower out of state. The next weekend DH's parents are coming to visit. I'm hoping DH and his dad will work on the bookshelves I'm wanting them to build in the nursery. The next weekend is my cousin's wedding, also out of state. Then the last weekend is our maternity pictures!
*Kiliki* likes this.

October 1st, 2012, 08:52 AM
ohh yay for baby showers!! hope you get lots of goodies!!!

October 1st, 2012, 09:36 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Lily turns 9 this month, I'm having a hard time coming to grips with this.
We will be going to the pumpkin patch and apple picking.
And we will be moving at the end of the month.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
October 1st, 2012, 01:29 PM
Veteran
We have a pick your own pumpkin patch with hayrides a mile or two from my house. We will probably go there once or twice at some point. DH needs to get the rest of our firewood stacked for this winter and make arrangements for more to be delivered. I will be helping him with that. Need to get DD a Halloween costume too. Have no ideas for this year.. MIL invited her to go and look on Friday.
October 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
For us, our main goal is the move and settlement in Japan. We've got our move to schedule, hopefully this week or next and then we'll be on flights overseas.

I'm not sure what will happen about Halloween. If one of the Marine bases or schools does something for fun, we might attend that. If not then we'll probably just find some local activities to attend to.

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki*~~
Visit My Blogs:
~*~
October 1st, 2012, 11:03 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I LOVE this month!!! Halloween party, Dressing up for Halloween, apple picking, pumpkin patches, starbucks pumpkin spice lattes, walks out in the crisp fall air, watching the leaves change colors and fall. Need to finish planning Tristans birthday party to.
youngwoman and Babymakes8 like this.
October 4th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommas2favs View Post
For us, our main goal is the move and settlement in Japan. We've got our move to schedule, hopefully this week or next and then we'll be on flights overseas.

I'm not sure what will happen about Halloween. If one of the Marine bases or schools does something for fun, we might attend that. If not then we'll probably just find some local activities to attend to.
hope the move goes fast and smoothly!!! YAY!!! hopefully there is something over there you can do for Halloween with the kiddos! I think there was another mommy on here...Molly she either relocated to china or japan for a while for work (thinkk she is back in the states now though)...not sure which...but if you have any questions i bet you could PM her about the move and what to expect etc...Quantum_Leap is her name on JM

Tags
sahmchallenge

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search