Childrens books?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2012, 01:00 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I was a huge judy blume fan. Cant wait until jake is old enough to read the fudge books. We have read the pain and the great one, he loved it, seeing as he has a little brother!
Judy got me through some tough times!

October 6th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I used to complain to the local library regularly that their limit of 6 books at a time was too small. Me and my brother used to have to work the system.
WHAT?! Only 6 books???
A friend of mine in Scotland said the Library there would only allow 10 books maximum checked out at a time. Even that I can't imagine.

There is no limit at our Library- When I go with the kids we must get at least 20-30 books every visit. We go at least once a week, but generally at least 2-3 times.
People look at me like I'm crazy checking out all those books but it's the kids who pick them out-and I am not going to say " No, that's too many books." (Is there really such a thing as too many books?! Haha!)
Even if I go alone-generally I get 10-12 books to read. Most material is on 4 week loan so that's plenty of time for me to read them and go back for more before the month is through. Only 6 items seems ridiculous. I don't understand why the limit would be so small! What if you were studying a subject and needed lots and lots of material on it?
October 6th, 2012, 08:53 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
That was about 15 years ago, they have upped it to ten since. But you can go back as often as you want, i can now take 10 every day if i wanted, you just have to bring the 10 back before you can get more. I assume its to reduce the amount that gets lost.
My issue when i was a kid was that i could only go to the library once a week!

Tags
sahmchallenge

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search