Do you go to

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 10:42 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
PTO meetings? Are you involved in your kids school?

If your kids aren't school age, do you think you will volunteer at their school?

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
October 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our PTO doesn't really have meetings unless you are on the PTO board. I don't have time to do that. They do post for volunteers needed for things throughout the year and I have volunteered here and there.

I volunteered when my older kids were in the younger grades. But now they are all older and not much call for moms in the classrooms at their ages.

October 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Whats PTO?

October 2nd, 2012, 12:37 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
no i dont.....i'd probably end up decking another mom....cause some of them are stuck up
WidgetMommy likes this.
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 2nd, 2012, 04:29 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
No, not on the PTA here. They want you to pay to be on it here...wth?! I dont get it because not only do you have to pay to be on it but then you get to do all the work. I do send things into the class when needed though but I am not super involved. I like that to be her time away from home and not always be right there with her so she will learn how to function without me always there. I hope that makes sense?
October 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Avery is too young, but I do plan to volunteer at her school when needed. As well as with other activities. Not sure how that works though when you have younger children that need to be looked after?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
Not into PTA right now. Maybe when 3 out of the 4 are in school and I have more time.
October 2nd, 2012, 06:00 PM
Veteran
I don't do PTO. At DD's old school they were not the kind of moms I would get along with. I don't know any other parents at her new school. I do send things in when asked for parties or when the teacher sent home notes saying our class would love to get donations of xyz. I also will do a small gift during the holiday for the teacher.
October 3rd, 2012, 05:21 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
yeah they dont make you pay as far as i know? but they do an extensive background check...they even pull your credit!! ***?!!? what does your credit have to do with anything???? not that i have bad credit but still!!! i will just stick to going up during the day sometimes and hanging out with my own kiddos...
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 3rd, 2012, 05:34 AM
Veteran
Both her old school and her new school do charge a fee, but I believe its under $5.

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
October 3rd, 2012, 06:13 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I'm not on the PTA either. We have to pay like $5 which is really stupid. Even to be a room mom you have to first join the PTA.

October 3rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
So it will still be quite awhile before I get to this point, and we've even debated between sending her to public school or homeschooling, but if we send her to school I definitely plan on volunteering. I'd love to go on field trips with them!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

October 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
So i assume PTO is like a parents association?

I'm not on it because i dont have time to commit with harry being so small, but i do help out whenever i can. We had one of the ladies who won gold in the paralympics open a wheelchair access area in our school a few weeks ago, and i helped out with sandwiches etc. I do what i can.

October 4th, 2012, 02:43 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyPink View Post
So i assume PTO is like a parents association?

I'm not on it because i dont have time to commit with harry being so small, but i do help out whenever i can. We had one of the ladies who won gold in the paralympics open a wheelchair access area in our school a few weeks ago, and i helped out with sandwiches etc. I do what i can.
Yes it is the parent teacher organization. We have to pay as well but it all goes back to the kids, I think the fee was 6 bucks. I voulnteer when needed, I don't go to the meetings but as long as you pay the dues, you get to go on the trips and participate in the parties.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
October 4th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's PTSO here (Parent Teacher Student Organization) .. I was very active when my daughter was in Kindergarten-1st grade but out of no where came a ton of super snooty super annoying barbie-doll-moms that took over and the rest of us just kind of became insignificant. They stopped including us in things and so most of us just quit participating. I help out with the teachers and classes directly but I no longer go through the PTSO stuff.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search