Chit Chat Challenge 2!!!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just put Audreys Halloween outfit on, all I have left to get is her bow tie, and her mini top hat will be here Saturday, she is going to be so cute!
I go tomorrow to have my IUD removed and DH still wont talk about it..
I'm hoping once its out and he HAS to discuss it, we can work it out.
*Kiliki* likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on the weight loss! I went to put on not one but two pairs of jeans this morning and neither of them was fitting like they usually do. I'm up about 5lb from what I was and about 10lb from where I would like to be. Maybe I need to try out those russian twists and stop eating so much junk food.

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
October 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
ugh i have dinner in the crock pot and im not even hungry anymore me and dh had a late lunch and we are stuffed full!

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're just snacking for dinner LOL Bad, I know. I'm just having cottage cheese with tomato wedges. The kids want cereal. Um...bad mom, but I caved and let them have it.

Kristy, I'm going to try those Russian Twists. Even if I only do them 2-3 times a week, it has to help some. I'm going to attempt adding sit ups to my daily routine, 3x's a day, 10 sit ups morning, noon, and before bed since I'll just be starting out. I really want to "work" my stomach. It's not that nice after 6 kids AND I still have 40 lbs to drop to be at my goal weight.

My DH has struck a deal with me, he'll go off breads and pastas for a week if I go off sugars. I can TOTALLY do that! He doesn't think I will, but I'll show him! hehehe

October 11th, 2012, 04:01 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I haven't been able to catch up on this thread, so I hope no is offended if I just jump in right here.

Hubby and I are having steak tip salads and the kids are having steak tips with noodles and green beans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymakes8 View Post
We're just snacking for dinner LOL Bad, I know. I'm just having cottage cheese with tomato wedges. The kids want cereal. Um...bad mom, but I caved and let them have it.

Kristy, I'm going to try those Russian Twists. Even if I only do them 2-3 times a week, it has to help some. I'm going to attempt adding sit ups to my daily routine, 3x's a day, 10 sit ups morning, noon, and before bed since I'll just be starting out. I really want to "work" my stomach. It's not that nice after 6 kids AND I still have 40 lbs to drop to be at my goal weight.

My DH has struck a deal with me, he'll go off breads and pastas for a week if I go off sugars. I can TOTALLY do that! He doesn't think I will, but I'll show him! hehehe
My Dh has eliminated breads and pastas and only eats a small amount of carbs, he has lost like 45 lbs in 3 months. I wish I could stick to low carbs.
Babymakes8 likes this.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
October 11th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I had already cut out the breads and pastas, and lost 14 lbs in 2 months. I also try to get in a 2 mile walk a day. I need to cut out more sugars. Before I got pregnant with Squeakers I had cut out all breads, pastas, and the ONLY sugar I had was in my morning coffee, but I increased my water intake and cut out pop completely. I was dropping on average like 2-3 lbs a week. It was great.

I don't really "low carb" it. I do try to make sure that I take in more protein and veggies to offset the carbs, though.

October 11th, 2012, 06:15 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How was everyone's day?

Hope your DH see's sense soon Sam and that you guys talk about it.

Off to the zoo tomorrow, even though I really can't afford it. It's my friends little guys bday and I felt like I had to go.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 11th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Veteran
Carbs are so my weakness. I'm fond of sugar too, but not as bad. I'm wondering what the heck I would eat if I gave up carbs. I do not like meat very much and I won't eat peanut butter or beans at all. I have never been one who really needed diets or major exercise, but the older I get the harder it gets. I need to figure out something.

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
October 12th, 2012, 02:53 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Rachel, thats really tough. I am finding that alot lately. Its too hard to say no and its always something.
I am going to the zoo today but i have a yearly pass so it only costs €3 for the carpark. We bring our own snacks, drinks etc.

Got a letter this morning to tell me my mortgage interest rate is going up 0.5%, so its adding an extra €80 a month. It only went up by €80 2 months ago. We are really going to have to tighten our belts with christmas coming up!

October 12th, 2012, 05:01 AM
I'm baking pies for the sale tonight. My Dh has a dental appointment at noon and he's going to go by himself.

The zoo sounds fun. It was on our "to do" list with the kids this summer, and we just didn't get to it.

Pot roast for dinner tonight.

October 12th, 2012, 05:10 AM
wow this is awesome already 5 pages long!!!!

we never got to the zoo this year either....we wanted to...just didnt work out

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*

October 12th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I finally talked it out last night, after some arguing and me crying a lot we agreed to wait 6 months then look at our finances and maybe start trying then, money is all he's worried about, I did get him to agree to at least in the next two years, he said he wants to "get the ship in order" as he put it.
at least he is agreeing to another instead of just a flat out NO.
joonzgurl likes this.

October 12th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Samantha, I'm so glad he talked it out with you, even if it was amidst some arguing and crying. My husband's reasons for not wanting more was always money, too, but we had 6. I guess I didn't make it easy for HIM though. He's the one who didn't want more, so I put it on him to be responsible for preventing. Meaning, I've never used any method of BC because I KNEW I wanted more, and if he didn't, then he would have to take the steps to not have more, either permanent or condoms.

Now he says he doesn't want another one so we don't have to buy a 15 passenger LOL

October 12th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yeah, I understand his concerns, he said he didn't want to put a time frame on "this is when we will for sure TTC" because he isn't big on plans.
this also gives me time to keep losing weight. I want to at least be down 39 more lbs by the time we TTC.
I think once our savings is built back up he will feel more comfortable, between our move and flying his kids out for the summer and back it totally wiped us out.

October 12th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Sam, I understand where you are, too. I was desperate, and I do mean DESPERATE, to get preggers in 2010. I wanted another baby and I wanted one right then! I begged my husband, my BFF heard me talk about it non stop, my parents, etc everyone heard my "I want to have a baby NOW" ramblings. They all decided I was in the midst of a mid-life crisis LOL Maybe I was, I dunno. By the time 2011 rolled around I was "over it" and found I was perfectly happy with my 5 kids, especially since the youngest was almost FULLY potty trained! Then when we both least expected it, bam, preggers!

Totally wouldn't change it! She's the sweetest baby ever and we're so thankful to finally have a second girl!

October 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM
** Mandy **
Samantha, That's good you were able to talk it out and come to an agreement so you have a plan and you're not feeling like it is a definite no when you want it. That's progress right?!!

BTW... I love your name! My youngest is named Samantha. Do you go by any nicknames? It looks like Sam right?

October 12th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I'm glad he finally talked to you about it and you have a plan in place!

I'm so glad it's finally Friday! My in laws are coming to visit for the weekend, so I need to go get some more cleaning done. I'm hoping I can get DH and his dad to make the bookshelves for Sophia's room this weekend, though, so I'm excited for that!

October 12th, 2012, 03:13 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Went to the zoo- and surprise surprise- SHE PAID!! It was like $21 for admission. I can't believe it, how nice! She also brought a bunch of cupcakes and snacks and stuff for the party. I am really glad I came, had a good time.

I also got a major score! I bought a winter jacket and pants, snow boots, and 3 pairs of shoes for Avery for $20 for this girl off of a facebook group. Yeah!!!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 12th, 2012, 07:48 PM
im so glad he finally talked to you sam!!!! that is great!! and now you both know where you stand....are you still getting the IUD out??? is he aware of that??? is he okay with NTNP???

October 12th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I go by a lot of things, some people call me Sam, some call me Samantha, some call me Sammy, I can always tell in what stage in life I met people IRL by what they call me lol

I went to the Dr and they said they screwed up and never put my Appt on the books, even though they looked it up where they had made the appt, my Dr was in surgery or they said they would've worked me in.. so I go back Thursday, I'm either leaving my IUD in or getting on the pill so I can stop whenever we decide its time instead of having to go back to the Dr and get the IUD taken out, I haven't decided yet, I was originally going in for my Yearly exam anyway. I was kinda annoyed with the screw up since I had drive 30 minutes for the appt, but DH and I just moved our date night up to an afternoon date and his dad watched Audrey while we had a quick cheap lunch and watched Atlas Shrugged. I think we may do day dates more often, its cheaper.

Tags
sahmchallenge

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search