Chit Chat Challenge 2!!!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 04:51 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
so for this week the challenge is going to stay contained to this thread....nothing else will count but what you post in here...and basically all it is, is chit chat!!! but you must have at least one full sentence for your replies to count...for every reply (that is not back to back meaning someone else must post again before you can post for it to count...if you post after your own reply that second post will not count)

you can talk about your day, your feelings, you may ask anyone any questions if you have any...just it has to be a full sentence anything shorter will not count

for every reply you will earn 2 points
for the very last person to reply here on Oct 12th midnight will get an extra 5 points....

the very first person to reply to this thread will get an extra 3points

i will also do a random drawing on saturday Oct 13th after the thread is closed and put in everyone's names who participated in this thread and that person will get an extra 3points as well. i will do this via RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service

everyone got it?? okay good! and GO!

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 8th, 2012, 05:06 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
How was everyone's weekend? Have you all started Christmas shopping yet?

October 8th, 2012, 05:09 AM
ugh i do not even want to think of christmas shopping yet!! i should though, but i have 2 birthdays to get through first in the first week of december! LOL

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*

October 8th, 2012, 05:12 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm trying to buy a gift here and there, so I don't have to do it all a week before Christmas! I've already got Connor almost finished, there's just a couple more items I want to get him-- more necessity stuff for potty training lol. I'm hoping to get a list from DH's side of the family so we can start on them, too!

October 8th, 2012, 05:32 AM
yeah i should start getting stuff now....i think i'll start by making a list of things...then going from there LOL

October 8th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Veteran
Ugh. I don't even want to think about Christmas! It has been a hard year for us and honestly we are pretty broke. I have a couple stocking stuffers for DD and nephew I've picked up here and there, but that is it. Normally, I start Christmas shopping around May. I need to get some ideas and I have a few things I'd like to make for them, to stretch the budget. I've got one idea for that so far, but need to look for some more.

What is everyone's plans for today?

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
October 8th, 2012, 06:17 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No Christmas shopping yet, though I'm sure I'll pick up some stuff at Disney next week to save for Christmas. I do most of my shopping in November.

Hmmm, plans for today.... homeschool, grocery shopping, a little cleaning up around here. It's cloudy and cool so I'm feeling lazy this morning...

October 8th, 2012, 06:33 AM
plans for today....take karl to his drs appt...i need to get some dishwasher soap...ummm other than that...relaxing!! im exhausted!

October 8th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
No Christmas shopping yet. Well, I guess I did buy one small thing for Sophia, but that's it. I can't believe how close it's getting, though!

Plans for today... I start training my replacement at work this afternoon!!! Just 5 weeks left!!!
youngwoman likes this.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

October 8th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Veteran
My plans for today are to lay low. I'm not feeling well. I do have a couple of things I need to get done, but I am going to try and take it easy.

October 8th, 2012, 06:57 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I have started my christmas shopping already. I just need to get a few more things for Avery and gifts for my inlaws and I am done!

Today is a holiday here. I am going to do some housework and then enjoy some time with DH and my daughter!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 8th, 2012, 07:52 AM
awwwe Jessi i hope you feel better!!!

Cassie!! wow just 5 weeks left of work! then you have after that what about 6 weeks left of the pregnancy??

October 8th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Urgh, has anyone dealt with re-current yeast infections that don't seem to want to go away? (sorry if this is TMI)

I have only had one before, about 10 years ago. Well 1 month ago I took antibiotics and got one ... talk about uncomfortable! I treated it with 1 day thing, but I was still on the antibiotics and it came back. So then I treated it with a 3 day treatment and it went away.

Fast forward to last week, a month later, and it is back. I treated it with a 3 day treatment and while I do feel a lot better it is not gone.

Do I get another treatment and try again? Go see the dr? Any insight would be appreciate. Thanks ladies.

Proud mama to:

October 8th, 2012, 08:44 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
I've never had a yeast infection, so I have no idea That sucks, though. Can you just call your office and inquire, without making an appt? They can probably tell ya whether you need to go in or can do something at home.

Hiii everyone. I'm blah

October 8th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Veteran
I get YI every so often, maybe 1-2 a year usually. I used to get them when I was a kid alot too. You could try taking probiotics and eating yogurt when you are on antibiotics to help prevent you from getting it. I would try another treatment before going to the doc. Personally I use the 5 day generic one from walmart, it is about $5 and it seems like the ones with more treatments help more then ones with fewer. Get the external itch lotion as well and put some on every time you go to the bathroom. For me, that seems to help clear it up much faster then just the other treatments.

October 8th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I started Christmas shopping at the beginning of August, since DH will be leaving for work on the 18th we'll do Christmas with him that day and then still do Christmas morning so I'm trying to have plenty for her to open, even if its little things. So far I haven't spent over 15$ on one thing but her big gifts are going to be a slide from us, a trike from my grandpa, a doll nursery and carriage from my mom, and the little people animal farm from my grandma. I also got her a princess tent, it was 10$ at the dollar store and she is gonna love it, I'm excited to give it to her! I'm gonna give her a lot of disney movies(things we can't watch on netflix) books, puzzles, balls, and baby doll stuff.

October 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kiliki* View Post
Cassie!! wow just 5 weeks left of work! then you have after that what about 6 weeks left of the pregnancy??
Yep! If she comes right around her due date. It's getting so close, I'm getting really excited! I'm also really looking forward to those weeks in between to get everything ready and just spend some one-on-one time with my pup before his whole world changes. I'm really worried how he's going to react.

Speaking of dogs and babies, anyone have any specific tips or things they did to introduce your dog to the new baby?

Rachel - sorry to hear about the YI. I've never had one, so I don't have any advice for you there, but I can imagine how frustrating that is. Hope it gets better soon!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

October 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM
DH is on his way home, yay! I really hope we get to do something nice this afternoon. But it is really cold out... so who knows.
Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Thanks for the YI info. I will try another treatment before going to the doctor.

Proud mama to:

October 8th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm cleaning today, just got the bathrooms scrubbed down, next I need to clean out the fridge, DH comes home tomorrow and I'm so excited! I've been boiling cinnamon and my house smells awesome lol

October 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
Urgh, has anyone dealt with re-current yeast infections that don't seem to want to go away? (sorry if this is TMI)

I have only had one before, about 10 years ago. Well 1 month ago I took antibiotics and got one ... talk about uncomfortable! I treated it with 1 day thing, but I was still on the antibiotics and it came back. So then I treated it with a 3 day treatment and it went away.

Fast forward to last week, a month later, and it is back. I treated it with a 3 day treatment and while I do feel a lot better it is not gone.

Do I get another treatment and try again? Go see the dr? Any insight would be appreciate. Thanks ladies.

i dont know the one time i had one i had no idea i had it...i was at my appt wheni was pregnant with one of the girls...and i was getting the strep b test done and she says ohh btw....i was like really?? i never got treated for it cause i had no symptoms LOL

but i would talk to your dr about that...tell her that its happened twice now in a month...see what they have to say

Quote:
Speaking of dogs and babies, anyone have any specific tips or things they did to introduce your dog to the new baby?
when we brought helena home we had 2 dogs....with the other 2 we didn't get dogs til they were older so it was pretty easy...but we just kept her in her car seat for a bit to let the dogs get used to the baby and the car seat then took her out and let the dogs sniff her and then they really had no interest in her after that LOL....

Tags
sahmchallenge

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search