How Helpful is DH (childcare and homecare)

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2012, 07:30 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it?
Does he change diapers?
Does he do bedtime routines?
Does he do night wakings?
Does he do laundry?
Does he do yardwork?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 13th, 2012, 09:32 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? he is not allowed to cook LOL...he can burn water...i swear...as for cleaning up...if i ask he will LOL
Does he change diapers? buwahahahah....hahahahaha...AHAHAHAHAHAAHA yeah that was a chore to get him to change diapers
Does he do bedtime routines? no
Does he do night wakings? he did with Raianna (on the rare occasion she did wake up) when he was home...but tha tis because he was up anyways he was in the military and worked mids so even when he was home he was up all night anyways but other than that??? nope
Does he do laundry? yes he will help with laundry when i ask
Does he do yardwork? he does as much as he can with his back...his dr has now ordered him to stay off the acreage for the winter LOL
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? Nope
Does he change diapers? Nope...just the first one since I was not doing to good in the hospital after having her, Lol.
Does he do bedtime routines? Yes...we all read at night together and say goodnight.
Does he do night wakings? A couple times he would wake with her and I but never just him.
Does he do laundry? Yes! Last night he was awesome! Kayley puked in our bed and all over him and all of our bedding. He had everything washed by the time I got up except his t-shirt and her pjs.
Does he do yardwork? Yes!

October 13th, 2012, 10:07 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? Yes, he washes the dishes every night. He only ever cooked when i was pregnant and very sick. He got fed up of takeaway very quickly! but he is a terrible cook, so we have a deal with me cooking every night and he washes up!
Does he change diapers? Yes, he gets harry dressed and into his pjs every day, so changes him then, and whenever else he is needed!
Does he do bedtime routines? Yes, he puts jake to bed every night and takes over with harry sometimes when its taking too long!
Does he do night wakings? Most nights. Harry usually only wakes for a few seconds looking for his soother or to be made comfortable. Dh can do that and go right back to sleep. If i get up for a few minutes I am awake for hours.
Does he do laundry? No. He cant figure out the washing machine!
Does he do yardwork? Not really, he cuts the grass and keeps the place tidy, but we dont have any flowers or anything!

October 13th, 2012, 10:26 AM
LittleGirl+TwinBoys's Avatar Stay At Home Mommy of 3
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? He does cook when he has a day off, but doesn't clean up afterwards.

Does he change diapers? Only if I made him or was gone.

Does he do bedtime routines? On his days off he does what he can. The kids like it better when I do it though.

Does he do night wakings? My kids don't wake up at night anymore unless it is a rare bad dream. He use to help when they were smaller.

Does he do laundry? LoL, no! I have mass OCD about folding laundry the "right" way.. LoL.

Does he do yardwork? Not really, he does help when I ask for a little help

Thanks to Vicki... 4 my beautiful siggy !!

[/CENTER]
October 13th, 2012, 11:15 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it?yes if he is home or if i am at work he makes it..so id say at least 4-5 nights a week he makes it.
Does he change diapers?yes!
Does he do bedtime routines?oh yes, i dont do bedtime at all..ever!
Does he do night wakings?yep..the only time i do with tyler is if i am home and she really just wont settle for him after like 30 min ill take over.
Does he do laundry?yep.
Does he do yardwork? we have a hired person do all of that stuff.
October 13th, 2012, 11:50 AM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? He will cook, but rarely does the dishes or anything afterward. He will put the leftovers away, though.
Does he change diapers? He did
Does he do bedtime routines? Yes, we always did it together
Does he do night wakings? Yes, we did every other night
Does he do laundry? Not usually
Does he do yardwork? No, if I want the grass to be mowed I have to do it myself

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
October 13th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Veteran
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? You wouldn't want him to cook. He does okay with frozen pizza but that's about it. He will grill, but our grill is broken right now. He does help with prep for parties or holiday dinners. We even catered our own wedding for around 100 people.

Does he change diapers? Never has, never will. I think he'd rather be robbed at gunpoint.

Does he do bedtime routines? Sometimes, usually if I am sick or not home at that time.

Does he do night wakings? We never really had this issue. (Other then while a newborn.) If he was still awake he would. If he was sleeping, he would never hear her bc he is a very heavy sleeper.

Does he do laundry? I've never asked him to. When we lived in places that warranted going to a laundromat, he did help.

Does he do yardwork? Yes. I mow grass about as well as he cooks.

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
October 13th, 2012, 02:37 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? I mostly cook, since I'm the SAHM and he's not home until dinner time. But, he will cook on weekends if I want/need a break! He likes to cook.
Does he change diapers? Alexis has been out of diapers for a few years lol, but yes.. he absolutely did.
Does he do bedtime routines? Yep, we do it together!
Does he do night wakings? DD is 6, but when she was a baby.. yep! He mostly did them, because he came home at 1am from work.. so he just stayed up a bit and took care of nights.
Does he do laundry? Yes, actually- I never do his. He washes his own.
Does he do yardwork? yep!

It appears I have a pretty helpful husband

October 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We dont have a yard so no on that one! LOL

The only thing he really does is discipline the kids if they get on his nerves with their antics and will occasionally go grab something from the store.

He doesnt change diapers(never has unless I was gone and only then if stinky), he doesnt do laundry, he doesnt do dishes, he doesnt vacuum or any cleaning.

He used to occasionally help do dishes or put clothes away after they were cleaned and folded but not for a long time.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
October 13th, 2012, 05:44 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? Yes and yes. DH loves to cook. I get to cook like maybe once a week. He wants to cook all.the.time. Yeah I like it but I love to cook too. He always cleans up after dinner as well.
Does he change diapers? Yes
Does he do bedtime routines? We dont really have a bed time routine. We allow Drake to go to sleep when he is ready but when we can tell he is ready we all lay in bed and cuddle and watch cartoons until he falls asleep.
Does he do night wakings? He makes the bottle but I do the feeding.
Does he do laundry? Yes, but I have to tell him too lol
Does he do yardwork? He does.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

October 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
** Mandy **
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? yes to both if he is home. This time of year he isn't usually home for it on the weekdays.

Does he change diapers? yes, about half the time when he is home

Does he do bedtime routines? yes, about half the time when he is home.

Does he do night wakings? Whenever he wasn't working (weekends or time off) he would take half of the night wakings. On work nights I would do it.

Does he do laundry? occasionally he does a load of his own laundry if he needs it done and I haven't gotten to it yet. I asked that he not do our laundry because he doesn't separate anything or do any stain prevention so that can cause the laundry to not come out looking so good.

Does he do yard work? yes. that is the one job he does that I generally don't do.

October 13th, 2012, 09:01 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? Sometimes depending on his work schedule
Does he change diapers?yes
Does he do bedtime routines?sometimes
Does he do night wakings?he helped with them when we had night wakings to deal with
Does he do laundry?I won't let him because he has shrunk my clothes a few times!
Does he do yardwork?yes, that is the one task around here that is totally his responsibility

October 14th, 2012, 07:50 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Does he help tidy up from supper, or ever cook it? Never. He might help get the baby cleaned up thought while I do dishes.
Does he change diapers? Hardly at all. I have to nag him to.
Does he do bedtime routines? No.
Does he do night wakings? No. Once in a while he will do one if she wakes before we go to bed.
Does he do laundry? No.
Does he do yardwork? Cuts the lawn, but I am in charge of the garden.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search