Your First Baby

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2013, 12:51 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How old were you?

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother?

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 12th, 2013, 01:31 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
How old were you? I was 21 when Jake was born

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother? I think i fitted right into my role as a mother. After a few days I think we got to know each other and it felt very natural.

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"? Jake was a super easy baby. He is still a very easy child 5 years later. He is very easy going, very flexible.

January 12th, 2013, 01:34 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I was 17 when my oldest was born. It was hard, but no more so than I had expected (I had a baby sister and I think that helped my expectations a lot). It was actually a very easy adjustment. It also helped that she was a super easy baby.
January 12th, 2013, 01:38 PM
LindsayMom09
How old were you? I was 19 when I gave birth to my son

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother? In my opinion I eased right into it and took to it pretty well and naturally.

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"? Very, very hard. And still a very difficult child 3 years later. It's been super hard, but every day is a day closer to him growing out of this phase, so we carry on.
January 12th, 2013, 02:24 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
18-19 when i gave birth

def caught off guard.....me and dh had only been together for a few months....after i switched her to formula she was a very easy baby (she nursed literally every 10-15mins it was awful and stressful) ...slept through the night from the day she was born...
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

January 12th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I was 31.

I was very panicking for a week or so but settled into it really quickly.

Daniel was an extremely easy baby. I'm seeing a big difference with his sister!

January 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I was 31 when Connor was born.
It wasnt a difficult transition as he was an easy going baby(even slept through the night from 3 weeks on. And I mean from like 9 or 10pm til 5 or 6 am).

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
January 12th, 2013, 02:59 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How old were you? 27

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother? I was caught off guard for sure. I was soo naive. People told me how hard it would be and I didn't believe them (does any first time mom?). MY baby was going to be different. Yeah right!

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"? I'd consider her a fairly difficult baby. I had a long and traumatic birth experience, my milk came in late, she lost a lot of weight, so none of that helped her have a good start. She has only just this past week at 17 months old started to sleep somewhat through the night (like 7+ hours at once).

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 12th, 2013, 03:09 PM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
How old were you? 26

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother? Honestly, it was really easy for me.

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"? Very easy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

January 12th, 2013, 03:18 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Age- 22 when pregnant, 23 when I had her

Getting pregnant caught me off guard but I settled in just fine

She was very easy!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
January 12th, 2013, 05:47 PM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
How old were you? I was 30

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother?
I eased into it which was pretty amazing because I had NO experience with babies before that.

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"?
I guess in the end, she was an easy baby. For the first seven weeks of her life, she cried all the time. The Dr thought all was okay so I just continued on. She was in a special study through the children's hospital for immunizations. When I brought her in to the hospital for a follow-up, the dr there immediately noticed how skinny and everything she was. Turns out my milk supply was very low and I didn't know. My Dr did not recognize that she was under-developed and not gaining near enough. I was devastated and felt so guilty -- I had failed as a mom. But I was reluctant to start her on formula because of the big 'good mothers breast feed exclusively hype'. I tried drugs,, double pumping, herbals etc, but nothing worked. Finally we started on formula, she chubbed up and was a completely different -- happy -- baby.

I had similar problems with my fourth but recognized the issues pretty quickly.
January 12th, 2013, 06:01 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I was 35yo when I had Ryan. He was an easy baby. He had reflux and sleeping issues.

Leslie

January 12th, 2013, 08:33 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I was 25 when I had my first. It was way harder than I had expected. Lily cried every day, all day for the first 6 months. I also had BF issues, she was colic and often constipated. I thought things would be way different, she also favored dh and she seemed to bond with him immediately over me, which kind of crushed me.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
January 12th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 21 and settled into motherhood easily and happily
She was a very easy going baby.
January 13th, 2013, 03:44 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
How old were you? 18

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother? I would say I eased into it, maybe cus I was so young and eager with being newly wed and all that but I loved the feeling of being a mom. However, no one can every really prepare you for the late nights, or desperation you feel when you hear baby crying and your not sure what to do, and all the ER visits for what would turn out to be a cold or just baby being baby..ect ect it was hard no doubt but I loved and love every sec of it.

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"? Looking back now, I would say hard. He was really hard to get moved into his crib and IMO being the first I just didnt have the experience that I have or had with the other children and that made it 'harder' and him hard I would say. He also was and still is stubborn and really liked things his way
January 13th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
How old were you? 27

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother? I think I've eased into it. Of course I have a lot of experience around babies since I was 17 when my youngest brother was born, so not too much has surprised me.

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"? I'd say she's been a pretty easy baby so far.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

January 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Veteran
How old were you? I was 19.

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother? I think it was easy. My little brother when I was born when I was 14 and I took care of him all the time. Between that and babysitting, I was pretty experienced.

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"? I think she was an easy baby. No health issues, slept through the night at 6 weeks, was very content most of the time. I paid for this later once she was a toddler/preschooler!

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
January 13th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How old were you? 22

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother? I think I eased into it after the first few days, I think considering I had to have help doing any little thing for her until I had a little movement in my arm, and then I figured out how to pick her up one handed, I did pretty awesome, once my arm was out of a sling I had the hang of the things,

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"?for the most part she was pretty easy, she slept through the night at 6 weeks, ate good, never had any big health issues.

January 13th, 2013, 11:05 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 21.

I had been working in childcare since I was 16, and when I gave birth I was working in an infant room, and taking care of babies has always come easy to me, so I think I settled easily into motherhood.

He was a very easy baby.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
January 14th, 2013, 03:26 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
How old were you? 24

Were you caught off guard by how difficult it was, or did you just ease right into your role as a mother? We were both caught off guard from about 3 weeks til 6 months. Eve had severe reflux and a cows milk allergy we didn't know about until she was 6 weeks old. Poor wee thing
We were 100% from about 6 months

Was your first baby what you would consider "easy" or "hard"? She is easy

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search