How did you know you were ready?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TheOnlyPink

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 03:41 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
For another baby?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 26th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Super Mommy
We liked the spacing between the girls. We get pregnant easily, so we pretty knew the spacing we wanted was going to happen. And then Liam was an oops

January 26th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had our 2 and we were pretty content with it until one day when i sat down and i looked at my DH and i told him i feel like i should be holding a baby. Then about a month later he folded his arms as if cradling a baby and said i completly get that feeling. And now just under a year later im 22 weeks pregnant.
January 27th, 2013, 02:54 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Jake was 2 and there was a kind of empty feeling, like someone was missing. We were sitting at a table for 4, like we usually did cos it gives extra space for stroller etc. But that day it felt like we were waiting for someone else to arrive. That feeling got stronger and stronger. My husband was ready before me, he described it as a nagging feeling in his head.
Celine and IronMamma like this.

January 27th, 2013, 07:25 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
It took me a long time to realize it, Lily was about 4.5 and I started thinking of what life would be like with only 1 child, I realized I was missing someone. So we decided to try for another.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
January 27th, 2013, 07:37 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
For me the only time I was really 'ready' I think was after a loss. I felt a need to get pregnant like right now and thankfully it happened that same cycle. otherwise, usually Im never really 'ready' in the begining.

January 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I never wanted more than 1, then this summer I saw how well Audrey did with my stepkids and I just felt like there was another baby out there waiting to join our family.. I still feel that way , DH however is not so on board.

January 27th, 2013, 11:56 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I dunno I just felt ready....Raianna was a pretty easy baby once I figured out the feeding stuff....she had a hard time of the nursing thing at first...and I was already babysitting for others and I knew I could handle another baby just fine and we were in a good place at the time money wise and were looking into buying our first house

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

January 27th, 2013, 02:03 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
None of my babies were planned (they were in that I always knew I wanted kids, I just wasn't sure when, I guess?)- so I was never really feeling "ready" but I was never totally freaked out and "un-ready" either.
January 27th, 2013, 11:55 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
LOL uhh...with Tyler we didnt. There was BFP one day and that was that. (TMI) We were having a rough month the month she was conceived and only dtd one time with protection but here she is. To be honest I am still not "ready" and she is a year old now but she is here and I do what I gotta do because she is my child and did not ask to be born.
January 28th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Well, I wanted my kids close in age so after our first was born we started ttc right away and we had some troubles so it actually 4 years to get pregnant. Then after that pretty much once they hit that 1 yr mark I had that baby fever set in and we'd start ttc again, it always took a while except for the last one which is why he and his brother are so close in age, we expected at least a year of ttc... nope lol! He's 1 now and that fever hasn't set in... that's probably a good thing because I'm really quite busy with the 4 lol.

Facebook
January 28th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I knew I wanted about a 2 year age gap between the two so once DD1 was 9 months we weren't as "careful" when dtd. I started temping and actively trying harder when DD was a year.

January 28th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a good explanation for when I was ready. I just know I get really sad when AF shows and I get all sentimental when I see little babies. I am happy and sad at the same time when I find out a friend is pregos. There are all these little signs.

I don't want to forget my body- it has sort of bounced back from the previous pregnancy and is ready now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search