Underappreciated

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 12:31 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I probably shouldn't be posting this on a public forum...but oh well. I am upset.

I thought I was appreciated. Apparently I am not. Hubby has been on me for the last month over everything. It seems that everything I do is wrong and hurtful. Nothing I do seems to be good enough, or right. I make plans (after asking hubby if he minded) to take the kids over to an old friends house for dinner to meet his wife and baby(who is the same age as our baby) and for my older son to see his older son who is the same age and they used to hang out when they were younger. Then my friend moved away, I met hubby, we lost touch, etc. Facebook got us in touch. Hubby said he was fine with it, then later he threw it in my face and acted like I was going there to cheat on him. My friend ended up canceling because his baby was sick, I never rescheduled.

Since then hubby has been acting weird and overly sensitive. He complains now that we don't "do the deed" enough. I got really into working out and losing weight and was going to the gym with a girlfriend of mine. She got injured and hasn't gone lately. Last week hubby went with me ONE day. Over the weekend we were with my girlfriend and she said she should be at the gym again soon and I said good because I miss my workout buddy. Hubby acted pissy later that night and the next day was still grumpy and ended up telling me how hurtful that was, like he wasn't good enough to work out with! Ummm..first of all for years I have been trying to get hubby to go workout with me, to take walks with me, to bike ride with me, anything active. He never does. So I do it with a friend. Now he cares?

He complained that my son was disrespectful to him yesterday, and I didn't correct my son. Then he complained about something else...I don't even remember what. Its like everyday he complains that I don't do this or that and that I said something to hurt his feelings. I swear he has always been thick skinned and a joker...so this new sensitive person is kind of a shock for me. He went on dr. prescribed diet pills a few months ago and has tons of energy now and is always moving. I am not and he has made comments about all he gets done, like I don't do enough. Sorry I don't have a magic bottle of energy!!!

It came to a head last night. He was nagging and I finally just started bawling my eyes out and yelling at him. I told him I walk on eggshells....everything I say lately is somehow hurting his feelings. Everything I do isn't good enough. I am tired and thats not okay(apparently laying down at night and saying I am tired is not okay). I told him that I tried to be a good wife and mom and apparently I failed at both so if he wants to call it quits fine. I am not going to live my life in misery. I thought we were happy, but over the last month things have gone downhill and I am not going to live like this. I told him that I want my confident husband back, I am sick of this oversensitive guy he has become. I am not his ex wife, I have not cheated on him. His new attitude is what is wrong with our marriage. And its causing problems that don't exist. I was ready to leave. He apologized over and over again. He said maybe its the diet pills making him so different (phentermine?). Today he has been really nice.

I don't know. I woke up this morning and was on the verge of tears all morning. I finally just cried and cried....then it made me puke because I was so upset. I have a pounding headache.

I don't know what to do. I love my husband, and until about a month ago I was happy. I guess I need to vent. Any comments are welcome.

January 28th, 2013, 12:53 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I am sorry you had to go through that...maybe after breaking down and crying and telling him how you feel will change his attitude....I hope things start to get better for you two!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

January 28th, 2013, 12:56 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I'm sorry you guys are going through a rough patch. I have to say, I've tried diet pills in the past and they have made me very moody and I would snap out over the littlest things. I had to stop taking them as they were messing with my personality, so maybe that is it.

Dh and I hit rough patches as well, we just have to work harder to get through them. I hope we guys can patch things up and work it out.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
January 28th, 2013, 01:21 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) So sorry you had to go through that. Dh and I just went through a rough patch that sounds pretty similar. I hope you are able to work through it.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 28th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry, this all sounds really stressful. I thinking venting is always a good thing. Maybe now that you have talked to him about it he will be better. I dont know anything about diet pills but maybe they are causing mood swings. I really hope things are better soon.
January 28th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Certain diet pills have made me have crazy mood swings before so that could be it.
I hope his attitude changes and you guys can work things out

January 28th, 2013, 03:50 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
I am sorry! ((hugs)) Your post brings up a lot of emotions for me. We have been there and been through so much. I hope you guys are able to work though it.

I have been on diet pills before and I know they made me emotional. So it is a good chance the pills are what are effecting/affecting (lol) him.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
January 28th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Id say if this all started up right after the pills...its them not him. Dont let it eat at you and make you want to leave. Yes...its ugly stressful but now that you've confronted him perhaps he'll get the message and talk to his dr about those pills and cut them down or off all together.

Fingers crossed that this got him to realizing whats going on and he will continue to be nice and stop to think before overreacting to stuff.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
January 29th, 2013, 12:08 AM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
I am so sorry. I do not have much advice. Just know I am thinking about you.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

January 29th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Sorry to hear your going through a rough spot...I hope things get better soon for you.

January 29th, 2013, 10:18 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls

I'm sorry, I agree maybe he should stop the diet pills, sounds like it is changing his personality.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search