Thyroid...

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 07:34 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else have issues with theirs? I was diagnosed with Hashimotos like 13 years ago. I have had my good times and bad with it. Overall I just feel that it has really impacted my weight negatively and sometimes my moods. At times I feel like I have no energy too.

I went for my yearly bloodwork and have a follow up with the doc today. Right now I am on a generic Synthroid. A friend of mine told me she is on a T3 medication..cytomel and its helped a lot with weight and moods. I am going to talk to my dr about it, but I am nervous because Synthroid seems like no big deal...Cytomel does to me. Anyone have experience with thyroid issues and medication? What meds worked best for you??

February 7th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I was diagnosed with hashimotos about 8 years ago and it's been a rollercoaster for me. They just can't get my levels regulated. Then sometimes my levels come back perfectly normal! I just recently went and had it re-tested because I was feeling icky and had classic symptoms I was before but it came back normal. I've been on several different medicines and many different doses of each but they make me horribly sick, probably because my thyroid is kind of crazy so a lot of times I'm taking something for the wrong problem. Anyway, I guess I didn't have anything to offer you advice wise, I just understand how difficult dealing with it can be!

Facebook
February 7th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no advice but i wanted to say im praying for you ladies. Hopefully both of you can get your levels and medicine figured out.
February 8th, 2013, 04:07 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
my sisters thyroid is messed up....I am not sure what the exact issue is I'd have to ask her...but she is now on medication...it has affected her weight too and since shes been on the medication she has been able to loose weight....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 8th, 2013, 04:56 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I haven't ever had an issue but I hope you can figure out your meds and figure out whats going on .

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
February 8th, 2013, 09:38 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Went to my appt. All my levels were in the normal range. But I still feel blah so the dr. said yes to trying new meds. He suggested getting brand name Synthroid instead of generic because a lot of people say there is a difference. So I will try that for a while and see if it does the trick.

February 9th, 2013, 05:38 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
I also have Hashimotos -- it has been 10 years. My levels have been relatively stable since my last pregnancy in 2010. I went through a blah phase a few years back and we finally figured out that Synthroid did not work for me. Switched to Eltroxin and was much better.

What is your dosage? Are you fasting an hour after taking your meds? Oh and thyroid meds do interact with some foods (like walnuts). I also make sure to not take my thyroid meds on their own (and not with vitamins etc)
February 13th, 2013, 05:55 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
Went to my appt. All my levels were in the normal range. But I still feel blah so the dr. said yes to trying new meds. He suggested getting brand name Synthroid instead of generic because a lot of people say there is a difference. So I will try that for a while and see if it does the trick.
hope the new meds help!!!! KUP
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 13th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Got thyroid problems too, have had it since I was 7 years old. Been on meds for 10 years
Sadly it dosnt make all the symptoms to away, still got fokus and memory problems, hairloss problems,depressions and tired etc, but it helps whit the weight loss luckly alittle slower weightloss then for those whit normal thyroid but its still weightloss. Its realy frustrated for us whit that problem, hope u get proper help soon (sry for all the poor spelling)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search