Busy world...and I love it!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By UniqueHandle
  • 1 Post By acupofjoe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Veteran
Has anybody else felt this way? Right now, I am prepping the meat for dinner (which me and my oldest daughter will cook together), I'm doing a few loads of laundry, running after my 1.5yr old and trying to get a lesson through the head of my 7.5yr old and doing the necessary home cleaning duties all at the same time........and it feels good!

I just had a moment where I needed to get on and chat with you ladies to see if I'm completely losing it or am I really the luckiest woman in the world! I take great pride in knowing that my home isn't a complete mess, my daughters are well taught, loved, and cared for (including feeding, cleanliness, etc.)...and knowing that my husband is happy! Any of you ever feel this way?

Talk to me, ladies!!
February 10th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel this way! I used to have zero energy and after I started taking vitamins I have so much more and I just have to get up and keep things running smoothly, I'm excited for this summer when I'll be busy with THREE kids and lots of activities.

February 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM
UniqueHandle's Avatar Veteran
Actually....

My 8 year old had his tonsils out on Thursday. He is not recovering well. I have literally spent the last 4 days in bed with him... watching cartoons, reading books to him, playing hang-man, catching up on my DVR while he sleeps. I am usually chasing after my kids, cleaning, cooking, shopping, doing homeschool stuff and doing laundry... it has been so nice just hanging out with him, caring for him, and not caring about anything else.

It has also been nice shirking some of the household responsibilities onto to my husband, who usually does nothing around the house.
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.
February 10th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Although I am truly blessed with being able to stay home and tend to my kids and tend to my sick husband...I dont always love it.

I enjoy hanging with my boys and watching their adventures as they play together and seeing the joy they have in whatever they learned in school that day.

However, the daily stresses from other things tend to get in my way of full on enjoyment like you speak of. Ive never found pleasure in cleaning, except vacuuming, or cooking meals. Even as a single lady I didnt. It got done because thats what needed to be done but I found no real joy in it....just is what it is, something to be done to make the home a less stressful place.

When things have been organized in the past I felt joy in that but then my husband would get a new hobby and that went that LOL.

I wouldnt change a thing, mind you, but I cant in all honesty claim to love everything about it.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 10th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Veteran
I am totally with you, ladies! I can't say that everyday I thrive to do everything around the house. There are some days where I am pooped...but I have to wake up early and get everybody awake, cleaned, dressed, fed and out of the door to their destinations (school/work) on time. Then, I have to start chasing around my 1.5yr old and cleaning room after room (because as I clean one, she messes up the other)....cooking meals for her...then before I know it, it's time for my oldest to get picked up from the bus stop. Then starts the homework, after school meal cooking, afternoon activities (cheer practice, choir, etc.)...then, it is time for me to start prepping for dinner. After I pick up hubby from work, feed the family, get the babies bathed and tucked away and then get the husband comfortable (whether on the couch or in bed...either way, in front of a TV - Lol)...it's just in time for me to do the last bit of cleaning (the kitchen after dinner, and any room the kids may have managed to wreck after my last cleaning). This is the normal day of us SAHMs! It's tough when we don't feel well, are overwhelmed, are going through emotional stresses, etc. or just need a break...because for us, there's hardly a such thing!!! Lol.

However, at this moment, I am enjoying it all...it just feels good to know that things are getting done and my family is in a comfortable, clean and loving home.
February 10th, 2013, 06:37 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At the moment, I am loving being a SAHM and all that comes with it. But I definitely have it easy compared to some of you ladies with multiple children. My one 2 month old baby can't compare to those toddlers. Lol.

February 11th, 2013, 10:13 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I also like keeping busy..I get very...I dont know depressed I would say if I am not keeping busy. I mean I love when I get some time to chill on the couch and watch a movie or something but I really like being on the go for the most part.
TheOnlyPink likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 03:22 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I dont feel like that anymore. When jake was little I used to really enjoy being at home, but 6 years later, I am bored. I'm by myself for most of the day, I'm still cleaning the exact same things as i was 6 years ago.
I do feel lucky that I am able to be at home, I just wish i could find some sort of balance and have a life outside the home too.

February 12th, 2013, 05:52 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I love being a SAHM but I cannot say I feel like the luckiest person/woman alive....there are days I just want to run away...because the day in and day out of doing the same thing...over and over and over again....it gets annoying and boring and now I am home by myself all day long....ugh....yeah....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 12th, 2013, 06:39 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I too love being a SAHM but do tend to get into funks where I think I need a job, something to challenge my brain but I when I give it a lot of thought, there is no other place I'd rather be than home. DH started giving me some responsibilities with his job, the more work he does the more we get paid, so I tend to do that during nap times now. I feel like I am being challenged and contributing to the household, since I cut off a lot of hrs for him, in turn he can take on more appraisals and make more money.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search