space saving tips

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WidgetMommy
  • 1 Post By bcogoli

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In a few short months were adding another little one to our family. The end of February is our swap date, my parents are going to come over and help us clean and swap rooms around and get everything set up. Im looking for some space saving ideas for all rooms. We have a decent sized apartment but it already feels cluttered sometimes. Please share any ideas you may have. Thank you ladies!
February 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
first thing I would do is downgrade toys....get rid of some to good will or salvation army...then maybe for clothes get those vacumm bag things to save space in closets/drawers....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 12th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Veteran
When I lived in small spaces I was a fan of those over the door shoe racks. You can use them for so much more then just shoes. I had one in the bathroom for things like hair products, extras of small things like toothpaste, brushes/combs, etc. I had one I kept things like packets of tissues, extra shoelaces, cough drops, bandaids on our spare bedroom door. Under bed boxes are great for out of season clothes or extra blankets. They also make bed risers to raise the bed a few inches to put more underneath. I have never had a large kitchen so I frequently try to store things in jars or containers so that the packaging doesn't take up as much room.
UniqueHandle likes this.

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
February 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM
UniqueHandle's Avatar Veteran
I was going to say just about everything WidgetMommy said!

I am an organizing queen... back of the door shoe racks are awesome. Great for small clothes items like socks and undies and leggings. I have one hanging in my bathroom, DD6 's room, linen closet, pantry... I love them (and, sometimes you can find them at the dollar store).
February 12th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I think the ladies have it covered. I would first purge as much as you can (toys, clothes, etc) then we used the over the door racks a lot too. Bed risers, containers, etc. The dollar store has a lot of cheap containers and baskets.

February 13th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies!! Those are great ideas. I will definatly try those ideas. I love the over the door shoe racks. I have so many things i could put in them.
February 13th, 2013, 06:51 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I want to do the shoe thing one! thats a great idea I can put one on the kid's doors so they can put their little things in them!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 13th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kiliki* View Post
first thing I would do is downgrade toys....get rid of some to good will or salvation army...then maybe for clothes get those vacumm bag things to save space in closets/drawers....
Ditto the space/vacuum bags. They're great. We don't have a linen closet, so I use them to store spare blankets.
February 14th, 2013, 12:25 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also saw on a show where they put towel racks on the inside of their closet doors. Then they would hang women's necklaces and scarfs on that instead of having it out. But I would think you could find other uses for it. For toys my friend uses those clear bin drawer things and has all the drawers labeled to help keep toys organized. For stuffed animals my kids used to have those hammock things you hang from the ceiling corners.

When our basement is finished I plan on doing this to help with organizing my 1 year old's toys: Kid

Pinterest has tons of ideas!!

February 14th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Now im really excited to start organizing. I think nesting is getting the best of me. Lol
mom2more likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search