Today's project...

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Veteran
I'm canning some homemade pineapple jam! Yum. I love pineapple jelly but its so expensive and hard to find. I have canned several things, but never made jam before. I hope it turns out okay.

What are your plans for the day?

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
February 19th, 2013, 06:39 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Mmmm sounds yummy!
I don't have much planned. It's cold, windy, and I have a sick toddler. Plus being in the first trimester is making my exhausted. I think we will just hang out, do a bit of laundry and relax!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 19th, 2013, 08:12 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Grocery shopping. Meal plan for the week is done and list is made. Just have to shower and head out.
February 19th, 2013, 09:26 AM
UniqueHandle's Avatar Veteran
Oh my gosh... it's been years since I have had pineapple jelly. So good.

I don't have a lot of plans. I need to make a lesson plan for homeschooling. My son decided he is ready go start again after emergency surgery last week. The doctor said to wait a while, but he is ready to start again. I'm thinking about coloring my hair today too... so sick of the silver shining through. Might do a little laundry, make dinner, work on our Disney trip and watch the Blackhawks tonight.
February 20th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never had that, yum!

I need to bake some banana bread, figure out dinner and mix up some of my body scrub.
If I'm in the mood, I should do my toes tonight too.
February 20th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I wanted to start clearing out today. There are clothes, toys and all kinds of bits and bats that seriously need sorting into "stuff we may actually use", "stuff we won't use but can go to car boot/charity" and "rubbish". There's a paperwork drawer that needs completely gutting before I can feel organised enough to start jobseeking. There's a few things I need to put on Ebay, too.

I was SO tired yesterday that when I went to bed I just flaked out. It was my turn for a lie-in and I lay in until 11am! That's so unlike me. Before I'd even finished breakfast Michaela needed her lunch, and from there on in I was busy. I managed to get some stuff up on my FB page and that is the ONLY productive thing I've done today. Blah.

February 20th, 2013, 11:01 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
YUM to the pineapple jam...ive never had that.

Today not to much, no baking did that yesterday, but have goat with roasted veggies and cous cous with greek yougurt on the menu for tonight. I have a load of laundry to do then maybe later go to Ross for a new laudry basket and candle holders. I would like to go to the mall and get some new earings for me and the girls along with a couple of new outfits for me.
February 20th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I've never had pineapple jelly, that sounds good! But thinking about different jellies I could go for cactus jelly, I haven't had it since I was a little girl and my grandma used to make it for us!

Facebook
February 20th, 2013, 02:59 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
i want to learn how to can things! i had a brief lesson with my mom but I do not remember what she said haha

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Veteran
It is so yummy. The jar I had leftover that could not fit in the canner I've already eaten about 1/3 of. It is a little thin but otherwise came out great.

Kristy, it is really not complicated. Plus the food tastes so much better! I have only been canning for two years but didn't do any last summer because of the move. I spent about 5 years before that reading about it. I had my pressure canner for a year before I could convince myself I wasn't going to blow the kitchen up. The only downside is that if you can not find the jars secondhand, they add up while you are trying to establish a supply.

Here is two sites that have a bunch of info if you want to check them out. National Center for Home Food Preservation | How Do I? Can
How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Any Fruit or Vegetable at Home

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
February 20th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Ooh that sounds really good! I've never had pineapple jam.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

February 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
mom2xander's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2xander Send a message via Yahoo to mom2xander Send a message via Skype™ to mom2xander
I need to clean the bedroom, get the crib put up (for naps, he's still in bed with me at night), and finish reading my book for the book club tonight - it's in 9 hours and i have 500 pages left eek!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search