So many new parties that people need??

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RobinX02
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 11:49 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok...so when I was pregnant I had a baby shower. When I got married I had a bridal shower, bachelorette party, and a wedding. Thats it.

Now people are having gender reveal parties when they are pregnant and then baby showers too. People are having engagement parties, engagement photos, bridal shower, a couples shower, bachelor and bachelorette parties, and then the wedding.

Seems like a whole lot of parties! Geez! Especially when I have multiple people in my family getting married and having babies lately.

February 21st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I know...why are they all necessary??

I didnt even have a bachlorette party. Just a wedding and then 3 baby showers.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 21st, 2013, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol well if I ever have another I'm doing a Gender reveal, just because it seems really neat to reveal that way, we won't do a shower though.. most people don't do gifts at gender reveal.
I didn't have a bridal shower but I did have a bachelorette party, and then a coed night out the night before the wedding.

I think Every baby needs to be celebrated but if someone has kids close in age, doing another shower, to me, just seems idk greedy? maybe do a small get together after the baby but I personally would feel bad asking people to get me a bunch of more stuff when I already have a child.

February 21st, 2013, 02:05 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Not in the UK. We don't do showers of any kind. We have stag/hen parties before a wedding, engagement parties are not the norm tho.

February 21st, 2013, 03:57 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
Definitely too many! We had a bridal shower that both DH and I were at. Then the wedding. Now a baby shower because this is our first. We won't be having a baby shower for any other children we have.

February 21st, 2013, 06:13 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
All I had was a bridal shower and a night out with a couple friends before I got married. It was no big party thing. Then we didnt have any shower/party for any of the kids.

Personally I think if you do a shower for one kid, you should for all the following. IMO its like saying Sorry, youre not the first child so there for youre not special enough for a party. Now with that being said, that doesnt mean it has to be a huge shower that people bring gifts too..
birdblue likes this.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
February 21st, 2013, 08:20 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I cant even begin to count the amount of weddings and all the dumb parties we have either gone to or been invited to in the last six months..It is a bit crazy and thats not counting all the birthday parties, baby showers etc.
February 22nd, 2013, 11:32 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People like to party? Or maybe they just litle the presents that come along with the parties lol. A few of my friends had engagment parties, and Im sure they will also have a bridal shower. Seems like they are trying to get double gifts ! l

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
February 22nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a graduation party when I graduated high school, a bridal shower and two baby showers. I wasn't expecting to have a baby shower with Eve because she was my second baby, but my Mom wanted to throw me one. We invited immediate family type people only. It was much smaller than with my son. If/when we have another baby, I won't be expecting a shower then either.
February 22nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
All I had was one baby shower and that was it lol.

Facebook
February 22nd, 2013, 04:20 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I honestly think that all these parties are completely unnecessary. I had a baby shower, but I did not plan it nor was I going too. I was surprised. We did not have a pre wedding party, we didn't even have a wedding party in itself. I cannot stand parties, and I cannot stand to go to them. However, I did not have a big birthday party for Drake when he turned one and that I wanted to do.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 22nd, 2013, 05:48 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I had a kinda baby shower with raianna and then one with helena...I think I like the idea of gender reveal parties or "diaper parties" better than anything else...the gender reveal are more for fun and to get together than to receive gift I think....and I would have loved to have just a plain diaper party LOL save all that money on diapers you can afford to buy what you need for baby
birdblue likes this.
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 24th, 2013, 05:49 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I had a bridal shower, a bachelorette, and that is it. No baby shower (though I did receive lots of gifts), no engagement party, no "gender reveal". We didn't know what we were having anyways.

If you feel it is too much than just don't go to the party?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 26th, 2013, 04:56 PM
** Mandy **
Really a baby shower, bridal shower, bachelorette party, and wedding seem like a lot of parties when you consider that people have to shell out money or gifts to participate. Many of them are tradition so I understand that but having anything more is way to much IMO. If you're going to have a couples shower, don't have a separate bridal shower for example. I think it is nice to celebrate but enough is enough.

Last edited by FamilyShorty; February 26th, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
February 26th, 2013, 07:31 PM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
Personally I think if you do a shower for one kid, you should for all the following. IMO its like saying Sorry, youre not the first child so there for youre not special enough for a party. Now with that being said, that doesnt mean it has to be a huge shower that people bring gifts too..
I totally agree. I am so glad/thankful my dh's cousin is throwing Abby a Welcoming party. Since i didn't have a shower of any kind for Abby.

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

February 27th, 2013, 07:27 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I had a wedding shower and a shower with both my kids. I didn't want the second shower but my kids were almost 7 years apart so my family insisted and threw me a surprise shower. If I am luck enough to have a 3rd and I don't wait to be on team green, I might do a gender reveal party. Like I think it would be cool for everyone to find out together including me. I wouldn't expect anyone to bring gifts or anything. I do think that if all babies should be celebrated in some way, but I wouldn't expect gifts from anyone.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search