Snacks

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 05:44 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks?
What kinds of things do you eat for snacks?
Do your kids get a bedtime snack?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 27th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks? Usually fruits and veggies, we go through a lot of produce every week! They love bananas, oranges, kiwi, any kind of berry. Raw broccoli is a huge favorite, cauliflower, carrot sticks, sweet peppers, grape tomatoes, celery with peanut butter. That's what we typically keep in the house. They also like to snack on dry cereal and we usually have something like goldfish crackers in the house
What kinds of things do you eat for snacks? Same as the kids but then I sneak in other stuff like... junk food haha.
Do your kids get a bedtime snack? No but we eat dinner pretty late (6:30) and they go to bed at 9 so they're not hungry.

February 27th, 2013, 07:17 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks? fruits, veggies, applesause,crackers, cheese, goldfish, yogurt.
What kinds of things do you eat for snacks? fruit and yogurt, granola bars, and some bad stuff like chips..lol
Do your kids get a bedtime snack? They can have a snack after dinner but not right before bed. Tommy still gets a cup of milk before bed though.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
February 27th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks?fruit, whales(offbrand of goldfish) applesauce and yougurt
What kinds of things do you eat for snacks?gronoala bars, fruit and popcorn
Do your kids get a bedtime snackAudrey doesn't but my stepkids love pb&js before bed

February 27th, 2013, 07:36 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
fruits veggies crackers popcorn stuff like that

I really do not snack much...crackers now and then...I like fruit snacks LOL or gummie worms

sometimes Raianna will make popcorn after dinner but that is not anywhere near their bedtime I do not like them eating after 8pm...

Kristy, wife to Karl 6.16.01, Mom to Raianna 12.7.00, Elyse 12.3.02 and Helena 7.20.07, step-mom to Frankie 7.3.97 and step-grandma to October 3.9.15

February 27th, 2013, 08:28 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks? Pretzels, goldfish, popcorn, snack mix, raw pepper, cukes, apples, yogurt.. sometimes I let her have junk (potato chips).
What kinds of things do you eat for snacks? Yogurt, apples, Kind bars, raw veggies, popcorn, rice chips
Do your kids get a bedtime snack? We eat at 5pm, so she usually likes a snack around 6.. she always gets hungry after dinner. So she snacks like 1 hour before bed.

February 27th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Veteran
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks? popcorn, goldfish, pretzels, crackers, fruit cups or fresh fruit when in season, sometimes things like chips or cheese curls or cookies i usually buy her 1 bag/box of something like that each time I do my big grocery shop (1x a month) and in the summer a ton of popsicles. She also nuts but I don't buy them very often.
What kinds of things do you eat for snacks? I like green peppers with dip or ranch, chips, dried pineapple, cashews or walnuts, tortilla chips with cheese or salsa, cantaloupe, canned pears or fruit cocktail.
Do your kids get a bedtime snack? Sometimes, if she asks. It depends what we had for dinner and what time we had for dinner. If it was something she didn't eat much of she has something like toast or a sandwich.

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
February 27th, 2013, 10:43 AM
UniqueHandle's Avatar Veteran
My kids love yogurt and applesauce. They also snack on goldfish, saltines and granola bars.

I am not really a snacker... so if I am going to snack, it is going to be on something really bad for me... ben and jerry's or Funyons (dipped in mustard) or Fannie Mae chocolates.

Bedtime snack: sometimes. Usually ice cream at about 7:30-ish. We have a ton of frozen snacks due to my son having his tonsils out... I need the freezer room back so I have been pushing the frozen treats on the kids every night.
February 27th, 2013, 01:21 PM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks? Since Drake is still so young he does not really like to snack on anything else besides puffs and cookies.
What kinds of things do you eat for snacks? Puffs and cookies. lol
Do your kids get a bedtime snack? Sometimes, at like 8pm Drake will start saying "mmm mmm" which means he is hungry, and he will have a yogurt.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

February 27th, 2013, 02:10 PM
LindsayMom09
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks? Cheerios, grapes, bananas, strawberries, cheesestrings, yoghurt, sweetcorn (he loves it lol)
What kinds of things do you eat for snacks? Pineapple! That's my number one favourite snack. I will eat unhealthy stuff too though... like potato chips and cookies
Do your kids get a bedtime snack? Yup every night. It is usually a toasted pancake and a banana. I'm not sure if you would class a pancake as a "snack" really but that's what he has. He needs something filling before bed or he will be up during the night wanting his dinner!
February 27th, 2013, 05:47 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Snacks vary, usually try to have some fresh produce on hand or homemade baked goods. But they also get more junk than they probably should.

Lately for my snacks I've been trying to get some dairy or protein and something raw.

We only have a bedtime snack if dinner was very early for some reason. Sometimes the 2yo will have a cup of milk or something if she's hungry.

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

February 27th, 2013, 06:07 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks? We do a LOT of quick things here like string cheese, yogurt cups, crackers with cheese slice. Sometimes as a treat I will give them graham crackers and a bit of frosting to spread on it..They like to do that and its like a fun thing to do and snack all in one. I also buy those baby food purees in pouches all the time...We love those! All of my kids eat those even the five year old and I like how they have fruits/veggies mixed in each one. The kids just think they are like applesauce in a pouch! hehe

What kinds of things do you eat for snacks? I do a lot of string cheese sticks, whole wheat crackers, oatmeal..not going to lie sometimes its chocolate

Do your kids get a bedtime snack? Nope, nothing after dinner except water.

We also love raw fruits and veggies here for all of us, we eat a lot of that kind of thing! We also do gummies (fruit snacks?) and annies cheddar bunnies sometimes.
February 28th, 2013, 05:20 AM
LindsayMom09
I forgot to add that Harvey loves yoghurt covered fruit flakes and we tend to do those a lot!
February 28th, 2013, 05:34 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks? Fruit, nuts, cheese, granola bars, veggie stix, chex mix, cookies
What kinds of things do you eat for snacks? Fruit, yogurt, nuts, veggie stix, sometimes ice cream or cookies
Do your kids get a bedtime snack? If Leah eats her dinner and has completed her chores, she gets a lollipop. We eat early (5ish) so she sometimes has a snack around 7.

February 28th, 2013, 06:44 AM
What kinds of things do you feed your kids as snacks? Mostly fruits, we invent different types of fruit shakes and salad where we also incorporates some veggies.... they really love it..

What kinds of things do you eat for snacks? I eat what they're eating during snack time Just to show them what we made was really good lol

Do your kids get a bedtime snack? No. We have dinner around 6 or 7 and their bed time is around 9... mommy gets to have the bed time snack
February 28th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We both snack on things like trail mix, fruit, or pretzels. Sometimes my daughter will eat animal cookies or something like that as well. We don't do a bed time snack except for on Thursday nights because we get home from soccer (indoor) late and by then she's hungry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search