Vehicles

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 05:48 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
What type of vehicle do you drive? Do you like it?

I think we will need a van in the near future but I don't want to drive a van, LOL
Buggymom likes this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 27th, 2013, 06:33 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I have a mini van...chrysler town and country....I actually LOVE it....

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 27th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I used to have a ford windstar and I was really fond of my old mini van lol. Now it's sitting in my driveway, totaled. We also have a ford f-150 but it does us no good - 5 seater and we have 6! It gets DH to work but we haven't been able to go anywhere as a family in a month! Keep hoping the insurance money will come in but they're blowing us off and I think we'll end up having to take them to court to see anything. Ticks me off! In the meantime we're looking for another van or suv but it's hard because DH works 7-7 6 days a week and nothing is open on Sundays so it's really hard to car shop with that kind of schedule!

Facebook
February 27th, 2013, 07:07 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I want a mini van, I've been begging dh for one but he doesn't think we need one with only 2 kids.

We both have Saab's, mine is the wagon version. I love them because they run great and last forever but I'm ready to trade mine in, it's a 2005, I need something newer.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
February 27th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH drives a 97 ford explorer to work, and we have a 07 Toyota camry . which is my car when he's at work I love it.
if we have another child though we'll have to get a bigger car for when Ethan and Kayley visit, I've looked at the chevy traverse and that would probably be what we get.

February 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We now have a 2006 Jeep Liberty. Traded in our 1995 Windstar for it(bless its heart it gave it its all but was dying so needed to go).

I like it except the 4WD is something Im not used to and I dont like trying to turn it on(its not automatic). I like it better than I thought I would tho. Loved my minivans better tho...more space.

DH has a 1992 Subaru SVX. Its in need of a transmission and DH has one for it but he cant work on it anymore so now it just sits. I, personally, hate that car but its DH's baby and a rare model so its still here.
However, its a goner as soon as I have my say in the matter LOL.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
UniqueHandle's Avatar Veteran
We have a mini-van. It's a ..... can't remember what kind it is. I HATE mini-vans. I NEVER thought I would be the type to have one. But, at one time, we had 5 kids and the hubby and I and we needed it. When my son moved out, I tried to talk the hubby into getting a SUV but he said that we needed a new mini-van because if everyone is home for the holidays, we might need to drive everyone. Not happening. My step-daughter never comes over, and my oldest two kids drive their own cars. Ugh.

We also have a Passat... we call it our "sports car". It is super fast, super small and super cute. For some reason, I have been driving the Passat a lot lately... mid-life crisis, probably.
February 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I drive a Ford Fusion and DH has a GMC Canyon. The car is barely big enough once you get both carseats in there, a stroller in the trunk, etc. Next kid we need to buy a bigger vehicle.
February 27th, 2013, 10:28 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I don't drive. My husband drives and 2003 Dodge Caravan.

Leslie

February 27th, 2013, 10:32 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
DH has a chevy truck and I have nothing right now. We down sized to one vehicle which worked great, but not when DH is in a different state!

I actually want a van! I love the space, and I love how comfortable they are!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 27th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
We have a crv and legacy sedan. Seriously contemplating trading the crv in for a van. If not this year then definitely next.

February 27th, 2013, 05:44 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We have two vehicles. The car is a '93 Plymouth Accord that I've nicknamed "Turd On Wheels" so you can guess how I feel about the dratted thing. It is so old and in such bad shape, an embarrassment to drive. But, it gets from point A to point B and will have to work until we can replace it.

The van is a '96 Ford 15-passenger. It has issues due to age, weird electrical stuff going on, like when you could hear the engine through the radio. But I really like it and when we have to replace it we will definitely get another like it only newer and not so worn out.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

February 27th, 2013, 06:23 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I drive an 05 Saturn Relay van. DH drive a 00 VW Passat
February 28th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drive a Chrysler Pacifica. Hubby drives a Ford Escape.

February 28th, 2013, 05:13 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I drive a Toyota Corolla, which is fine. We rented a minivan to drive to Disney back in the fall and DH & I both LOVED it. I think it was what Kristy has - a Town & Country. With one kiddo, it doesn't make a lot of sense for us to buy one but boy, I could get used to it!

February 28th, 2013, 06:36 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
I drive an 07 Chevy Suburban and LOVE it! Have had it just over a year, decent miles (no, nothing compared to a car or probably a mini van) and it has built in DVD player which is awesome for long trips or really any wher eI have the kids in tow! lol

DH drives a (i think) 07 Dodge Ram and also has an older Sazuki Sidekick that is he commuter/work car.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
March 1st, 2013, 09:27 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I was one of those moms who said I will NEVER drive a mini van...however, ( ) after a suburban and a 2010 pathfinder, I am in love with our new 2013 Honda Odessey touring elite. its a mini van but I have grown to like it alot. we ordered every option avaible for it and it makes it worth driving...

never say never ladies!!

March 1st, 2013, 11:00 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I drive a 2006 Pontiac Torrent (just like a chevy equinox), it's a mid sized SUV. DH drives an 08 Chevy 2500 and has an 06 Impala that he commutes to work in.

We will be needing a new vehicle soon. Living so far from anything we put a lot of miles on.

I don't want a mini-van... but it's just so darn practical!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 1st, 2013, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
We have a 98 and a 00 saturn. The 98 is a wagon and my car, hubby drives the 00. I would like a van but our car gets 30mpg and I don't think I can give that up.

March 1st, 2013, 10:13 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
I just got rid of my 06 focus and now have a '13 Audi A6. LOVES it. Very roomy and nice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search