Who

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 07:22 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Who was at the birth of your children?

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
February 27th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Just my husband and the doctor and nurses.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 27th, 2013, 07:33 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
It was just me and dh for Raianna....no one made it there on time they thought they had a few hours at the very least I called at 5cm and she was born not even a half hour later

Elyse my sister and dh...she got up to the hospital and said she was not leaving til she was born knowing it would probably be fast again...and it was...again when I hit 5cm she was born probably 10mins later LOL

Helena it was just me and dh again...we didnt even think we would be having her in the middle of the night as they didnt even start the pitocin yet and I had no IV or anything...yeah my water broke at 2:39am she was born at 2:41am with Helena the last time they checked me at midnight that night I was at a 1/2cm still
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 27th, 2013, 08:30 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Just husband, I had an emergency c/s
IronMamma likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Joe - DH and my dad then right after he was born my room filled up - my mom, my brother, his GF and her BF and I had never met either so I wasn't super thrilled about that =\ Woke up to find the GF with my baby and I was like wth people I've never met this woman and you're letting her carry my baby around?! Oh and lots of doctors and nurses and interns, it was horrible.

Jay - Just DH, my dad came up after he was born to visit. My doctor and 1 nurse, the lady next to me was having VBAC (and a loud one at that lol) so all the staff was with her because she was high risk. It was nice to have very few people in with us.

Hunter - Dh and our older two boys were there for the birth, my oldest loved it - said it looked like someone had been attacked by a shark in my tub lol! Jay was only 3 so he was oblivious to the world. Oh and midwives - a mother/daughter team. Loved them!

Carson - Dh, 2 midwives and Hunter (the 3 yr old) but he fell asleep about 20 minutes before Carson was born so he missed it! Then my older two came home about an hour after he was born =)

Facebook
February 27th, 2013, 10:21 AM
UniqueHandle's Avatar Veteran
A ~ My mom

M ~ my husband (now ex-hubby)

L ~ my hubby and my best friend.

P ~ just my hubby... had an emergency C-Sect.
February 27th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just me and DH for both kids.
February 27th, 2013, 10:27 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgeMadge View Post
Just husband, I had an emergency c/s

Even if I did have a normal delivery I would have only had DH there. I am not that comfortable with anyone else really.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 27th, 2013, 10:32 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Ryan - MIL, SIL, best friend, OB, and nurses.
Liam - Husband, OB, and nurses

Leslie

February 27th, 2013, 02:20 PM
LindsayMom09
Just my fiance.
February 27th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
during labor it was my mom and DH, I had to have an emergency c-section and DH was going to be in there but my epidural wasn't working, even after 3 doses I could still feel the doctor poking me so I had to be put to sleep and DH wasn't allowed in. but he was allowed to be with her in the nicu(all emergency c section babies go to the nicu at first) and he got to feed her and hold her first, then my mom did.. I got to see her 4 hours later once my meds wore off

February 27th, 2013, 05:41 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
#1 was premature and it seemed like everybody working the OB and/or NICU were there to view, plus DH, my dad, my MIL, and somehow my FIL ended up with the best view of all right behind the doc who caught. After that I decided I would have NOBODY with me. Our last three were born at home, and the last two ended up unassisted so I got what I wanted.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 27th, 2013, 05:42 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Lily it was my hubby and mom, my dad waited outside.

Tommy it was my hubby, mom and sister. I needed and emergency c section with him, so just hubby was in the room for the actual birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
#1 was premature and it seemed like everybody working the OB and/or NICU were there to view, plus DH, my dad, my MIL, and somehow my FIL ended up with the best view of all right behind the doc who caught. After that I decided I would have NOBODY with me. Our last three were born at home, and the last two ended up unassisted so I got what I wanted.
I would so love a home birth, if I ever get lucky enough to have another baby, I am definitely going to go for it.
jhmomofmany likes this.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
February 27th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Liana- OB, 2 nurses, DH, and my mom.

Myah- Midwife, assistant, DH, and my mom.

February 27th, 2013, 06:01 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
With oldest DD my dh and mother were there. With the other two it was just Dh and I there.
February 28th, 2013, 05:20 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just my DH

February 28th, 2013, 06:25 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Ellie- just my mom. At the time DH & I werent living together and he was 6 hours away. I wasnt sure I was in labor that day and once they checked me in it went fast and he didnt have time to get there.

Garrett- DH & my mom. My mom came to Illinois where we lived at the time. I was induced so DH got to be there for sure.

Blaine- DH, my mom and MIL. Mother in law had been there in the room the whole day. Through all the cervix check and everything (not that she was like watching or anything.) When it came time I figured what the heck, why make her leave? She stayed at the head of the bed. It made her really happy to be able to be there for the birth of one of her son's children. And no it didnt make things weird between us afterwards.. lol

P.S. also with Blaine there was a whole room full of nurses in training (or whatever) so thats also what helped me decide to let MIL stay.. Already had a room full of people (who didnt have to be there) looking at my junk LOL whats one more.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
March 1st, 2013, 10:54 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Dh and my doula, Lois

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 1st, 2013, 10:17 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
My mom was my birthing partner since I am a single mother. And my dad was on the way other side of the room taking pictures (without witnessing anything life damaging )

March 2nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
I'm planning to have DH, midwife, doula. Possibly my mom depending on how I'm handling labor and if she can leave work. MIL was told she is more than welcome but I'm pretty sure she will step away for the delivery part. I'm very open and don't really mind who is present.. It's more whether they can tolerate how I react to pain and possibly seeing me topless or more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search