Why

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 07:24 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
did you choose the names you did for your children?

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
February 27th, 2013, 07:30 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Raianna is named after my 2 best friends from high school...their middle names Raina and Ann combined to make Raianna and Lyn is my moms middle name

Elyse was the only name dh wrote down when I pointed him to a baby name website so that was that...and her middle name is Korean Soo-Eun...cause well dh is Korean!

Helena is named after our grandmas Helena and Marguerite (Helena Margueritte) I added an extra letter to both names the A and the extra T lol
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 27th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Connor Knight....Connor was a name that I picked as it came into my head one morning while I showered and DH thought it sounded masculine and strong. Knight is my maiden name and DH chose it because my father had no sons, so it was our way of keeping the name going.

Avery Danyael(Daniel)...DH heard the name on a news show and liked it for our "next child". I asked for boy or girl and he said boy. Danyael is my husbands middle name I just changed the spelling(saw it this way on the movie The Prophecy and adored it!).

Devinn Asher...We had decided on Asher Brennan for his name but DH decided he didnt like it as he once had so we took longer to choose this one than the other two LOL.
Devinn was to be the middle name had we had a daughter so we changed the spelling and decided we liked it with Asher. So it was gonna be Asher Devinn but DH didnt want him having the same initials as Avery so we swapped it to Devinn Asher...ended up fitting him better anyway LOL.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 27th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Joseph is named after his dad (it's his dads middle name) it's also a very dominate name in my family so it was a win/win. Middle name is Ray and that was random and thinking about it now he sounds like a country singer LOL poor kid!
Jayden was just random lol, his middle name is Michael after a friend we lost before he was born =(
Hunter was random, his middle name is Vaun which is something I took from my dad's name.
Carson - random, middle name is James - also random. He actually didn't have a name until he was almost 3 days old... we had a really hard time deciding on a name for him!

Facebook
February 27th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Veteran
Well, I had a boy's name picked out practically from the day I found out I was pregnant. (Aspen Luca) I was so convinced it was a boy and didn't have any girls names I liked. I spent hours on baby name sites after I found out she was a girl and couldn't come up with anything. I used to work in retail at that point and I would always look at people's names on their credit cards for name ideas. Thanks sweet little old lady named Mercedes, you saved the day.

Her middle name is Morgyn. I found that in the baby name book at the hospital and changed the spelling. They were waiting on me to fill out the birth certificate paperwork so we could be discharged. LOL.

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
February 27th, 2013, 10:19 AM
UniqueHandle's Avatar Veteran
Alex ~ when he was born (in 1988) I only knew two people named Alex. I asked both of them if they were ever teased as a kid... they said no. When my Alex was in kindergarten, there were 6 other Alex's in his class. SIX! First grade he had 5. Ugh. Now I hear Alex all the time.

McKenzie ~ I thought I was having a boy. We had two untrasounds and they both showed a penis. I had the name Wolfgang Samuel picked out. A friend asked me what I would name the baby if it was a girl... I said McKenzie if she has red hair, Maizie if she has blond hair and Zoe if she is born with brown hair. I was quite surprised when a red headed little girl was born!

Logan ~ I had no idea what to name him. I really, really wanted Connor or Parker. My hubby didn't like Parker and my last name starts with a "C" and I didn't want a rhyme-y name. We were at a book store two weeks before I was due... hubby picked up a book of Scottish boy names and opened it to a page and said "pick one". I picked Logan.

Piper ~ this is my favorite name EVER. When I was in 3rd grade I saw the movie Carrie. The mom in the movie fascinated me. She was played by Piper Laurie. I told my mom I was going to have a daughter and name her Piper. My mom told me I was insane and it was stupid to do that. Well.... my first hubby has a last name that didn't sound good with Piper... it sounded too stripper-ish. After I had Logan I had FOUR miscarriages. My Dr told me to not get pregnant again... it was too dangerous. I never follow rules and got pregnant one last time. As soon as I found out it was a girl, I told the hubby I was naming her Piper... no matter what. He told me I had been through so much in the prior two years that I could name the baby anything I wanted. I was pretty drugged up after she was was born... he's pretty lucky I named her Piper and not Scout.
February 27th, 2013, 10:28 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Drake is a name that DH and I have liked for years. Its a very strong old Viking name and it means Dragon. We just absolutely love it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

February 27th, 2013, 02:30 PM
LindsayMom09
Harvey is named after my Father who passed away in January 2009. His name was William Harvey, so we flipped it around to make Harvey William.
February 27th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have just always loved the name Audrey, I knew the moment I was pregnant that's what I wanted her name to be.. DH didn't like it so we tried every other name.. he picked out elise and I tried calling her that for a week, but just didn't like it for her first name so he agreed to Audrey Elise...I wanted the spelling Audrei Elyse though, but I compromised just to have the name.

February 27th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
Isla- I just really liked it. It took a long time for DH to agree though.
Roma-DH and I went to Rome together in college, and this reminded us of that trip.
Ruby- Ruby is my grandmother's name
Harper- Again, I liked this one. DH was more receptive to this one than he was with Isla.
Liam- FIL's name is William, but we wanted a more modern version of the name.

February 27th, 2013, 05:32 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We've pretty much always chosen Christian names that also have significance in our families.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 27th, 2013, 05:35 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Lily is named after dh's grandma, the modern version of Lillian. Back when I named her, there weren't many Lily's now there are a ton of them!!!

Tommy is a IV so it is a family name, not to mention my dad is Thomas.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search