When will my husband grow up??? (vent)

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 2 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Momof4Boyz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2013, 06:27 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I'm annoyed. Not all that mad, just annoyed.

DH left yestreday at 10am on a snowmobile rally. He had gotten up with Avery super early and let me sleep in, and every cleaned the house, so extra points there.

But what I didn't anticipate was him being out until 5:30 this morning. Not only did he stay out late, but him and his friend sat out front in a diesel truck for 20 minutes so that woke me up, and then they came in and played pool in the basement, so he didn't come to bed until 7am just as I was getting up with Avery (I had been awake since they pulled up in the noisy truck though).

He only gets 1-2 days off per week, and now they are BOTH ruined because of his sledding/drinking. Go to bed at 7am means you are going to be sleeping all day. Great. I love spending 5 days alone with the baby and the entire weekend too.

I'll tell you what I won't be doing todays: trying to keep the baby quiet.

/vent

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 10th, 2013, 07:42 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
ugh how annoying and inconsiderate!!!! I get that he wants to unwind sometimes after working and all...but I am sorry you are a husband and a father FIRST.....and staying out that late is unacceptable....and then coming home and making a lot of noise and what not...not cool at all!!! I would have NOT let dh sleep at all if he did that...I'd be like too bad so sad...you are the dumb@ss who decided to stay out like you are a teenager again and have no responsibilities at home...but guess what YOU DO now get your @ss outta bed and take care of YOUR DAUGHTER!
acupofjoe likes this.

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 10th, 2013, 12:55 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
^^ wowsers!!

and

^^ ditto to what kristy said! You are struggling with m/s and keeping track of a toddler!! thats so NOT ok......

Hope he gets his rest and some sleep ...

NOT!!!!!!!!
March 10th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be very upset. Its very tiring taking care of a child all week and being pregnant. Sending lots of hugs your way.
March 10th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Totally inconsiderate and I definately wouldnt be worrying about his sleeping comfort and keeping noise down LOL.

Wants to play...gets to pay.
*Kiliki* and mom2more like this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 11th, 2013, 05:18 AM
LindsayMom09
I am all for my fiance still getting to see his friends despite having a family, but that is just taking it too far! I would be super pissed about him coming home at 5:30am, not acceptable. I definitely would have not have kept the noise down so he could sleep in peace Hugs to you!!
March 11th, 2013, 06:00 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I would be LIVID. I agree that everyone deserves a chance to relax or go out with friends... but until 5:30 in the morning? That's just irresponsible and inconsiderate. Once you have kids, it's time to grow up! HUGS

March 11th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
That would have ticked me off too, but just to answer the question - never. I have decided that men NEVER grow up. Not ever.
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

Facebook
March 11th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Oh I would be so upset, too. Like the others said, it's one thing to spend time with friends, but there are new limits when you have a family.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

March 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be annoyed too!! My hubby used to sit up and play Playstation late at night on his days off and then want to sleep all day the next day! I was not very accommodating to that teenage behavior either! Hope your hubby is hungover and wakes up constantly today

March 12th, 2013, 11:00 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Yikes! I like Kristy wouldnt have let him sleep either...not sure how old he is but its time to grow up? I agree you can chill and hang out whatever but there is a limit on that and he pushed far pass that IMO. sorry, hope you get some help with the little one soon and a break of your own.
March 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, yes, I'd be irritated too. My husband only gets Sundays off and I make sure he's up and spending time with the kids and me, because that one day is all we have!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search