Easter Baskets

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 01:35 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Do you do them?
Have you gotten your kids yet?
What do you put in them?

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
March 20th, 2013, 02:38 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I will do them...haven't gotten around to them yet...will do it next week.....the less time I have to hide it the better LOL...my kids will find them if I get them now

as for what i put in them.....a little bit of candy...some toys chalk and I usually get them each a new outfit
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 20th, 2013, 03:57 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Do you do them? We still have not really decided. We do not celebrate Easter. We want to do the same idea, but for Spring Equinox.
Have you gotten your kids yet? No. I saw one today I really liked though, just not sure.
What do you put in them? No idea!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

March 21st, 2013, 04:52 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
We do them, I haven't got anything yet, aside from the baskets which they've had the same ones for years. My plan is some candy, a new book for each and then my older two will get a microsoft points card and the younger two are getting a sand and water table and accessories for that.

Facebook
March 21st, 2013, 08:11 AM
UniqueHandle's Avatar Veteran
We do them.

I bought my oldest a Union Jack backpack, my DS-8 a video game and controller and my DD-6 some girly Lego's.

I haven't done the baskets yet, just the toys. I will get a little candy and and we will color eggs. The smell of vinegar makes me sick so I am always looking for different ways to color our eggs. Last year we used kool-aid water but the color wears off of the eggs pretty quick.

I also don't use regular baskets. I use something they can reuse for storage.

My awesome sig was made by *Kiliki*
March 21st, 2013, 08:46 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Do them but dont have them yet(this weekend Ill go).
Candy and usually drawing tools go into them.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 21st, 2013, 06:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yes we do them,
I had hers ready and done before her birthday lol
we did a bucket instead of basket, but I did get her a 1$ basket to collect eggs in and also as a photo prop.
she's getting , a purse,coloring book, dvd, maracas, book, necklace, socks, a music box egg that my mom got her that's really pretty, some bracelets, uhmm maybe there's one or two other little things but I can't remember, I know I put small stuff in some eggs ..
we'll dye eggs for the first time that weekend, and do some Easter crafts and I got the Peter Cotton tail movie a few days ago and she LOVES it, I'm gonna let her hunt eggs in the yard and I have a letter from the "Easter Bunny" I'm gonna print out for her.

March 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Do you do them? Yep, this will be our first year!
Have you gotten your kids yet? Yes, it's the basket she's in down in my siggy. I wanted to make a personalized basket liner but didn't get to that. Maybe by next year.
What do you put in them? I got her a swimsuit, coverup, a pool floatie (can you tell I'm ready for summer?!), book, a pocket bib, and amber teething necklace.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

March 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Wasn't planning on it. Going to dye eggs though.

March 25th, 2013, 05:43 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I need to start a list of what I am putting in these things for the girls this year.....

*new outfits
*chocolate bunny
*chalk
*artsy stuff
*a new book
*some eggs filled with candy
*and a duck! they are each gonna get a duck (yes a live duck) this year! they are gonna be ECSTATIC!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 25th, 2013, 06:50 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
We don't make up baskets but the kids use baskets in their hunt. Not sure what EB is bringing this year.
March 30th, 2013, 10:52 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do. For my older kids we never used a basket though. It was always some type of container. We have done those basket things people use for storage on those cube shelves, we did small garbage cans they could use for their rooms another time, and other various containers that would have a use. We always stick with a theme for them. One year it was outdoor toys and they all got a tennis racket and tennis balls. Another year they all got new swimsuits and sunglasses. Another year they all got a random toy they wanted. Another year they all got something to decorate their room with.

This is the first year we are not doing baskets for the older kids, they are 10, 14, and 16. They don't believe in the bunny anymore. We are doing one for my 1 year old. I bought an actual basket that we can use for years with him. He is getting a box of teddy grahams because he is too young for candy, a book, and a few wooden puzzles.

We did dye eggs, but I am hiding plastic ones. My little one will get crackers and stuff in his eggs. My older kids will get minis of their favorite candies.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:56 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
We do them to but dont use a basket. This year we used sand pails (something they can get a lot of use out of etc) We put some stamps and pencils in the big kids buckets with a shovel to go along with the pail. Oldest DD got some bracelets and DS got two water cloth things that open up in the bathtub. Baby DD got some new socks, piggy bank and a rubber duck with a shovel as well for her pail. No candy here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search