home exercise

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Hi! Any suggestion about effective exercises that can be done at home? It would also be interesting to read some stories.
April 25th, 2013, 05:48 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
well there are all sorts of things you can do...if you have a wii and a wii board you can get the wii fit game....they also have a biggest looser wii game....

I am currently doing Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred....it is about 27 mins total for a work out but it is HARD....and you feel every single muscle in your body the next day...but its worth it...I am on day 11 today and I have already noticed a change in my body....and I am not even halfway done yet....

you can go on walks....they have other sorts of dvd workouts....you can go check them out...most are only a couple of bucks......get some hand weights and some ankle weights

you can also google exercises if you are trying to target a specific area of your body....but I would suggest you also add in some cardio to any work out you do (the 30 Day Shred includes cardio in the workout)

well there are all sorts of things you can do...if you have a wii and a wii board you can get the wii fit game....they also have a biggest looser wii game....

I am currently doing Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred....it is about 27 mins total for a work out but it is HARD....and you feel every single muscle in your body the next day...but its worth it...I am on day 11 today and I have already noticed a change in my body....and I am not even halfway done yet....

you can go on walks....they have other sorts of dvd workouts....you can go check them out...most are only a couple of bucks......get some hand weights and some ankle weights

you can also google exercises if you are trying to target a specific area of your body....but I would suggest you also add in some cardio to any work out you do (the 30 Day Shred includes cardio in the workout)
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

April 25th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Workout videos are actually pretty good exercise. If you are looking for something easier to start with Leslie Sansone has good "walking" videos....like the 30 min brisk walk, it's 2 miles in 30 minutes....but you are doing more than walking...it's just the equivalent of a 2 mile walk. She has other videos too. I personally like to go on walks....but after having my daughter I did lots of workout videos and they do work but you have to stick with them. Fat blasting yoga and pilates with the exercise ball for your core are great. Also, gets some weights and look up some target toning moves. Another good thing is "boxing"....I did just kinda fake boxing, lol where I would alternate punching while rotating at the waist and moving toe to toe with it, it's good aerobic when you are bored or watching tv. Also, jumping rope....but it's hard so I'm not big on that one.

April 25th, 2013, 06:19 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I have some Zumba DVDs and 3 of the Just Dance games for the Wii. There was one website that claimed you could burn 500+ calories doing an hour of Just Dance (that includes the breaks in between songs), but it would require you to put in the effort to do everything and not just the arm movements that are recorded by the game system. The best part about both of these systems is that I'm getting a workout, but it's fun and I can easily do it for a set time period. The Zumba, I had to work up to half an hour cause it kicks my weak behind. I just started with one segment and then worked up to adding a second one and then a third.

This is the Zumba set I have and it's about half the price we paid for it http://www.zumba.com/en-US/shop/prod...xhilarate-dvd/

April 25th, 2013, 03:48 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I run four miles a day and its working.
May 27th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Hello guys

Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried wii and I think it was a fun exercise. I also spent some time on a local arcade and enjoyed there a lot but of course, I can't do that all the time. It would be embarrassing to get out there sweaty.

I think I have to alternate a fun and traditional exercise such as running.

I hope I could find more tips about fun exercises so that I won't get bored getting back in shape.
May 27th, 2013, 06:48 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I love zumba! But I have never done it at home only in a class.
For home workouts I have an exercise bike, treadmill, and a few DVD's I like. I have the 30 day shred too and it's hard but I like it. I'm pregnant and very overweight right now () so I have not been able to do much more than housework and short walks.
I also have some step aerobics DVD's, Advanced Step by Amy Bento. I used to go to step all the time though at the gym so I wouldn't reccomend starting there if you have never done it.

This is an AWESOME website- they have hundreds of videos and you can read reviews, watch previews, and filter it all kinds of ways. Exercise, Workout and Fitness videos & DVDs
Then you can even buy the videos from this website.
In terms of other things you can do at home... I honestly think videos is the way to start out.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
May 27th, 2013, 07:32 AM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
I TRY to get out and run. I usually manage a yoga workout everyday. I did Insanity before getting pregnant last year and will be doing it again in a few more weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search