Homework

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MidgeMadge
  • 1 Post By ~mommy~
  • 1 Post By TheOnlyPink

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 01:09 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Do you have your kids do their homework as soon as they get home or later in the night? Is it a stuggle for you to get them to do it?

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
May 1st, 2013, 02:21 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I usually have them wait about an hour....I know how suckish it was to just get home from school and then have to immediately do home work.....they seem to work well doing it like that...gives them a bit of a break and downtime...
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

May 1st, 2013, 04:28 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Immediately, within 10 minutes of walking in the door. If we wait, she'll whine that she doesn't want to do it. If we do it right away, she knows she HAS to.. and it seems to be easier on us. I tried both ways, so settled with what works.
TheOnlyPink likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 05:39 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We do it within the first 15 mins of getting home, unless we have an appt somewhere.
They fight me sometimes and sometimes they do it fine. Just sort of depends on the day LOL.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I was doing it after dinner. I have switched to after lunch because I only have my 6 yr old in K so it only takes about half hour and then we do reading a couple of times throughout the day and night depending on whats going on.
May 2nd, 2013, 05:21 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Depends on who has hockey and when. On a no hockey night, they usually have a snack and then do homework. On a hockey night, they may have to do it in the car.
May 2nd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since it's just my kindergartener....I have her eat lunch and then play for an hour first. Then we tackle the homework....she's fine with it and understands if we don't get to it right away that we may forget.

May 2nd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Veteran
Withing a few minutes of getting home. We started it like that when she started K, so that it would become routine. There have been times where something came up and we had to wait until later and then it becomes a nightmare. She still fights me sometimes, or doesn't want to cooperate but it seems like the older she gets, the better its been. I used to have to be sitting right next to her the whole time, but now most of the time I only do if she asks for help.

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
May 2nd, 2013, 11:12 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
We do it right then as well but it always seems like a struggle, especially now that it's nice out. So I've been waiting til after dinner, that's just as bad since her shows come on. I told her she has to choose when to do it, either miss the shows or do it immediately then she can play. It's so frustrating to get her to sit down and do it though.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
May 2nd, 2013, 08:12 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My rule is for them to do it as soon as they get home. My ds1 got lazy about it and now he spends 1 hour after school at school 3X a week to get it done. To me school is their job.
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 04:18 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
We are like erika, we come home and he has a very quick snack (jake is always STARVING after school, no point working if he is concentrating on his rumbling belly!) and then right into it, otherwise he wont want to do it and will find it hard to tear himself away from play or tv or whatever. So it works best to just get it out of the way and then he has the whole evening to play and relax.
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search