exhaustion

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bcogoli

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 06:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Any tips for helping to not feel so exhausted? After bringing home a baby how did you all deal with the lack of sleep?
May 23rd, 2013, 07:57 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
my only suggestion is nap when baby naps during the day....you are going to be exhausted...there is no way around that but time....eventually she will settle into a routine and it will get easier

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

May 23rd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I just pushed through it. I napped a bit here and there when I could but otherwise I just dealt with it...much like I do now.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 23rd, 2013, 08:46 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
ooh how the lack of sleep is oh so horrible!! I will be going through added sleeplessness as well very very soon. I agree its going to be tough until a routine is in place.

Napping baby naps is good if you dont have other children to tend to. Try and take things a little easy. Maybe pull out some of the meals that you prepared if you did that or make something that doesnt require alot of kitchen time.

Allowing others to help you if they other to. Take you it! you deserve it. Also, try and keep baby contact during the night to a minimum. Also try not to turn on lights and try not to talk with baby during night wakings.

Keep in my mind that this time passes. Things will get regular for you and baby. hugs...hope you are enjoying that new baby!!! congrats again!!
May 23rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
If you are not still taking a multivitamin with iron in it, I would highly suggest it. The birthing process is natural, but it's really hard on your body and there's a good chance you may run anemic with the post partum bleeding. Dark leafy greens, red meat and other natural sources of iron are probably a good idea as well.

Definitely nap when the baby does if you can. Also, I know you probably haven't been cleared for exercise, but make sure you're getting out of the house and in the sun so your body can get some of that vitamin D. Maybe take a short walk around the block? Even just a casual walk will help you to sleep better when you lie down.

If your SO is willing, have him watch the baby in another room while you nap. If you do that TURN the baby monitor off. I had a really hard time sleeping with it on, because I was constantly waking up to every little noise.

it will get better. Unfortunately, part of the exhaustion is just your body trying to recover from the birth process. It takes about 6-8 weeks for your body to go back to functioning as it did before you were pregnant. That includes blood loss recovery, hormones leveling out, physical healing, etc...

I forgot to mention that I know you want to clean when the baby sleeps, but it's okay to do the bare minimum and ask your SO to pick up the slack here and there. The cleaning will still be there when you're feeling less exhausted and it really is important for you emotional and mental well being to sleep when you can.

I tried to do all the housework with my first baby and ran myself ragged. I remember just sitting in the corner of the room crying from exhaustion and my husband said "You know I still live here, right? I can help out so you can sleep some." Sometimes we forget that we don't have to do everything all the time. This is one of those times to remember that others are capable of helping too.

May 23rd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. My older 2 kids are being super helpfull and my husband is trying to make it easier too. I will definatly let him help more, im not good at relinquishing household stuff. Im hoping my cardiologist and hemotologist can give me some tips too. I think i keep forgetting that she was a c section and that takes some extra recovery time. I hate having to slow down, i think SAHM are programed to keep moving lol.
feythful likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search