Your Health....

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By feythful
  • 1 Post By MidgeMadge

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
what do you do to keep yourself healthy?
what do you do when you do get sick?

I know as a SAHM we think of ourselves last....we need to think about ourselves more!! So what I do is try to exercise every day, take a multivitamin, eat right. I have been learning to go to the dr more for things instead of just suffering through whatever it is I am suffering through (if its something more major than a cold anyways) If I do get sick I try to dope myself up with meds because a mom cannot really rest!! But I know I should just stop and take a breather, and have dh help out more if he can...and he has been good about it lately when I have been sick....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

May 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Right now I am working out almost every day and taking Shakeology for nutrition/vitamins. I am also trying to eat better but sometimes its a losing game..

When I am sick if its something I could take medicine for, then I will.. If its a stomach bug, I just try to stay hydrated and eat what I can and keep trucking on the best I can.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
May 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I dont do anything to keep myself healthy per se.
If I feel sick I take whatever medicine I think will help.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 23rd, 2013, 04:35 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I tend to stay out of places that are germ-heavy or use wipes and washing my hands to reduce contact. I ALWAYS wipe down the handle of the car at the grocery store before I start my shopping trip.

I try to drink a lot of water and take my vitamins.

When I feel myself getting sick I generally start taking elderberry, garlic and sometimes zync to try to hold it off. I generally avoid medicine unless it gets really bad. Unfortunately for me, I tend to get bronchitis every time I get a cold.
AmiraX4 likes this.

May 24th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I eat lots of fruit and vegetables and i move alot.

When im sick i sometimes take medicine depending on how sick i am.
May 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
I've lost 31 pounds since January, so I've been doing lots to stay healthy. Tons of fruits and veggies, all whole grains, lean proteins, veggie/fruit smoothies. About 75% clean diet, and 25% processed. I feel great. My BP has gone from high (130/90) to an average of 117/76 or so. Never felt better.

I take a daily women's multivitamin, too. And when I feel sick (I recently had a sinus infection that kicked my butt) my husband is super awesome about helping.
AmiraX4 likes this.

May 24th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to walk everyday. I try to make healthier choices on eating but it can be really hard.

As far as being sick....I try to drink as much water as I can and lay around as much as I can.

May 24th, 2013, 08:34 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I am totally with you fethyful on the cleaniness things especially the grocery cart!! wiping the basket part is just as important as people put raw meats and the juices can leak out and then onto our produce and cross contaminate.

I always take the B vitamins, vit D and sometimes as needed a few others. Our family for the most part do not eat processed foods. I make most things by scratch. My children very rarely eat fastfood but on that rare occasion when they do they do/we dont eat anything meat related. Its just fish or fries.

We buy our meat from a specialized local butcher and not from any grocery stores. We try to buy organic when we can especially fruits and veg. Eating good quality honey to us is very important and I also believe in eating lots of garlic as a natural antibiotic to stay healthy.

Keeping active is important but at times is hard for me because of back and neck issues. Trying to keep stress low, and that is my biggest challenge. Theres so many key factors in keeping healthy.

I do take meds as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search