Flowers

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 2 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By joonzgurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2013, 03:44 PM
LindsayMom09
Does DH ever buy you flowers? Or is he the kind of guy who think they are a huge waste of money?
June 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
He did for Mother's Day.. I am the kind of person who thinks its a big waste of money So he usually knows not to buy me any.. Unless they are on sale or already cheep.. lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
June 15th, 2013, 04:44 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
He does on mother's day.....but I tell him not to cause to ME they are a waste of money...they just die....but I do like drying them out and saving them in a vase...I pretty much have every flower he has ever bought me still....
LindsayMom09 likes this.

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

June 16th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
he has bought me flowers once, for valentines day a few years ago I got lillys or something lol I'd love some yellow roses but He'd never do that..

June 16th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
He bought me flowers twice in our ten years together.
Last time was 2008 for our anniversary. First time was like 2003 just because. He saw a guy selling them on the side of the road and had a whim to get me some.
mommas2favs and LindsayMom09 like this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
June 16th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
He buys them when I say "I want flowers for this occasion" haha. He never gets them just because. But that's okay, I'm not huge on flowers anyways.

June 16th, 2013, 11:24 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Not really. He bought them for me once for valentines day the first year we were together, maybe once since then as well. So not often really. I like flowers, I would think it would be really sweet if he would just show up with some one day.
LindsayMom09 likes this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
June 16th, 2013, 02:20 PM
LindsayMom09
Yeah, I don't have a "just because" kind of flower buyer either Last Mother's Day he picked me flowers from his moms garden, how thoughtful was that! I also think it would be really sweet if he would turn up with them one day out of the blue. I have hinted at that but still nada. Oh well! I have a pretty vase that will remain unused for a little while longer yet...
June 17th, 2013, 05:29 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH used to buy me flowers all the time, often just because. We don't really have the disposable cash like we used to before I became a SAHM, so I am fine with going without. I know we'll get there again one day

June 18th, 2013, 12:22 AM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
I think he bought me some for my birthday once when he was out of the country... or maybe it was for our anniversary. But he hasn't done it in a while. The last "Flower" kinda of gift he gave me was a HUGE bouquet from Edible Arrangement.

Seriously it was funny, because I was actually talking to him over Skype when they arrived!

My favorite flowers, Lilies and Roses. And he knows I like them....

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
June 18th, 2013, 04:45 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Scott has bought me flowers a couple of times, and other times he has hand picked them

It doesn't happen very often, but that's fine by me. I love it when he does though

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 19th, 2013, 09:17 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Dh is always buying me flowers. He know how much I love them in the house. I cant stand red roses so that he has never once bought me thankfully. He changes the kinds and colors he buys me but has been pretty regular for all these years.

Now if we could have been here in time to plant my massive amounts of tulips I want all over our yard.
June 19th, 2013, 08:32 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Every once in a while he does. It's not that he thinks they're a waste of money. He said if it make me happy, he'll spend the money. He just doesn't understand why anyone would buy something that will die within a week and why they're considered romantic. Typical engineer thinking.

June 22nd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Veteran
No he doesn't anymore because I am the frugal one, and I am the one who thinks it is a waste of money because they die so fast. I would much rather he put that money towards something I can wear (like a cute top from Marshalls or something, lol) or take me out to dinner on a date night :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search