Would you be mad?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 1 Post By LindsayMom09

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 06:29 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
So, my husband's family owns a cabin in Idaho, not too far from Sandpoint. It's right on a little lake that we love to do water sports on and is very warm and sandy. We really love going there.

My family lives on the west coast, and we are in central Canada. It's about 18 hours drive to go home to my family.

3 months ago I invited my family (sister, BIL, their son, my very single brother, and mom and step dad) to meet us down there for a week of vacation. It's about an equal distance drive for both of us.

They all said yes the whole time and they all booked time off work.

There only cost will be gas, because they would be buying food at home anyways and the cabin is free to stay in.

Well now here 2 weeks before we are supposed to leave my sister is backing out. She is saying they can't afford it. They are buying a new house and moving at the end of July.

I can't help but be super mad (but more so dissapointed). There is no point going down there to just visit with my mom. (my brother can't come).

They can't afford $200 for gas?? My sister is a teacher making good money and my BIL is a manager at a huge telecommunications company.

Would you be mad or am I over-reacting??

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
June 16th, 2013, 06:37 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I would be upset......specially if this was already planned well in advance I am sorry they are backing out....but if I were you I would still go....get out and have a nice time away from the normal everyday stuff and enjoy the lake and warm sandy weather!
feythful likes this.
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

June 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I would be upset, but not angry. I would go on vacation and have a good time.

Leslie

June 16th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Disappointed, yes but not mad.
I'd just have a nice time.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
June 16th, 2013, 08:02 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I would be upset but not mad. Sometimes even when people make good money $200 is a lot of money.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

June 16th, 2013, 11:15 AM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Id be very mad!! But I agree, go on vacation and enjoy the time with your own family

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
June 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM
LindsayMom09
I would be very disappointed, especially given that it was planned well in advance. I would go anyway and try my best to have a nice vacation regardless
i:heart:you likes this.
June 17th, 2013, 04:30 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I dont think I would be mad, but very disappointed. Finances can be deceiving, especially with the extra costs around moving home. They might not have any spare cash at the moment.

Hope you have a nice trip!

June 17th, 2013, 05:22 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyPink View Post
Finances can be deceiving, especially with the extra costs around moving home. They might not have any spare cash at the moment.
Totally agree with this. They may be putting all their spare money toward the new home, moving expenses, any improvements and/or appliances that need to be taken care of right away, etc. An extra $200 can go a long way.

I understand being disappointed, though I wouldn't be mad. The time away will still be a nice break for you!

June 17th, 2013, 09:47 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayMom09 View Post
I would be very disappointed, especially given that it was planned well in advance. I would go anyway and try my best to have a nice vacation regardless
This exactly.

My feelings would be kind of hurt as well, that they new so far in advance they could have save up since they already committed to meeting you there. Unless some unforeseeable thing came up and it was out of their control. Otherwise it would bother me. But I agree I would still go and have fun.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
June 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Veteran
I would be upset too, given that it was planned in advance. However, I know moving can be so expensive with unexpected things that come up. If I were you I would go anyway, enjoy yourself and have a good time with your mom.

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)
June 17th, 2013, 10:19 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I would be upset and ticked off. Its not like its some last minute thing you threw at them I am sorry!
June 18th, 2013, 12:00 AM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
I would be upset...very disappointed. Afterall, I had my hopes up!
I can relate to those feelings. My family keeps trying to get passports done and fly to whereever I'm living at the time, but they never seem to get around to booking flights. It's all been hot air, so I've just stopped believing any of their talk.

Maybe there is another time your family can come to the lake?

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
June 18th, 2013, 04:52 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Yep I'd be upset. I would have thought a catch up with family wouldn't take much to save for, ya know? And cancelling with two-weeks to go is pretty crappy I'm sorry.

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 18th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be sad about it. She definatly should not have backed out 2 weeks prior to the trip. Im sorry you wont get to see your sister.
June 19th, 2013, 03:07 PM
CassCramer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer
I would be pretty frustrated. There's no way she JUST figured out she can't make it work. Especially this last minute, when it was planned in advance. Sorry to hear it's not working out quite as planned.

June 19th, 2013, 08:43 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I would really be disappointed and annoyed that she waited this close to going to let me know. That would be my sister too, if she let me know at all.

I don't know if banking policies are any different where you are, but we were told not to make any larger than usual purchases or withdrawals from the bank while we were waiting to get into our house because it could affect the loan. We were even advised not to purchase appliances or furniture before closing. My friend was told the same thing about her house and even advised not to purchase Christmas presents for her kids in excess of 30 dollars a piece. Just something that might be affecting her.

June 20th, 2013, 05:05 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
I would really be disappointed and annoyed that she waited this close to going to let me know. That would be my sister too, if she let me know at all.

I don't know if banking policies are any different where you are, but we were told not to make any larger than usual purchases or withdrawals from the bank while we were waiting to get into our house because it could affect the loan. We were even advised not to purchase appliances or furniture before closing. My friend was told the same thing about her house and even advised not to purchase Christmas presents for her kids in excess of 30 dollars a piece. Just something that might be affecting her.
yeah come to think of it we were told that same thing when buying our house.....at least not til after the papers were signed....it wasn't that we couldn't afford it if we did...
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search