Hi, new here and I have a question!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Twin Mama
Hello ladies, this board doesn't look too active but I thought I'd post. I am a new mom of twins, I am going to become a SAHM after my 6 week PP DR visit. I told work I was "planning on coming back" so I could keep my insurance through delivery, I can't go on DH's insurance until I loose my job. Anyways, that appointment is next Friday and I am wondering how you ladies did that transition?

Should I set up a meeting with my boss the following week to let them know in person? Should I just call and say I'm not coming back? If I can't find anyone to watch the twins do I bring them in and meet with my boss? I'm getting anxious about this and feeling guilty but what my salary is will barely cover daycare for infant twins and I don't want someone else raising them, so DH have made the decision final.

What did you ladies do when transitioning to being a SAHM?

August 17th, 2013, 05:52 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
honestly I would try not to stress about it....I would just call up your boss and explain why to him you are not coming back....tell him honestly that you hardy make enough to even cover daycare let alone the gas it would cost to drive back and forth...just be open and honest about it the sooner he knows the better though, so he can find someone to permanently take over your position,

my transition was easy.....my first job I got when I ws pregnant and I was very up front with them at the interview about being pregnant and not knowing if I was gonna come back after the baby...they totally understood and I ws the first person they hired actually......

after I had the baby I ended up staying home for a while and we moved during that time frame...and then dh got deployed so while he was gone I got a job to keep me busy....and that one ended on 9/11....my boss called me telling me it was okay that I quit cause she knew he was in the military LOL...and that was that and I haven't been back to work since

ohh and WELCOME to the group and congrats on your twins!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

August 17th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on you twins!!! I have no real advice on telling your boss, I quit a few weeks before I gave birth but I'd already made it clear I wasn't coming back, my due date was one month short of being there a year so I wouldn't have gotten paid maternity leave and I was making barely over minimum wage .

The board is slower on weekends but we get things going during the week!

August 17th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We made the decision for me to stay home for the same reasons as you.
In my case I'd been working temp jobs so was already on hubby insurance.

I would go in and explain to your boss the difficulty in decision making but in the end you can't let someone else tend your kids so you regretfully have to give notice. Unless you hate you're boss then do it over the phone lol.

Insurance isdues shouldn't be part of the talk just keep it simple and heartfelt and you'll do fine. And when you leave reward yourself with a drink or treat of choice cuz your nerves will be shot.

Oh and btw...WELCOME ABOARD!!! I'm Hillarie, I have three boys I'm raising.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
August 17th, 2013, 09:21 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Welcome! I think just call them and be honest. Congrats on being a SAHM and with twins you must be very busy.

This board has been slow over the summer but I am sure it will pick up again this fall.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 19th, 2013, 04:49 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!

I would try to meet in person, if possible. (If not, then just call.) Then, like the other ladies have said, just be honest and explain that you and your husband have weighed all the options and that you leaving your position is what's best for your family at this time. I didn't become a SAHM until my DD was nearly 2, but I did ask to speak with both my bosses in person to tender my resignation. Good luck to you!!

August 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
Twin Mama
thanks! im trying to not be nervous but i know next week i'll have to do it. maybe even friday since DH will be home with the twins. if not ill have to do it by phone because i have nobody to watch the twins next week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search