Grandparents

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Are you close to your parents? How about the inlaws? Do they ever take the kids for alone time and for you to get a break?
September 22nd, 2013, 01:39 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
I am pretty close to my mom and in laws. We haven't allowed anyone to watch L yet and won't for a long time yet.

September 22nd, 2013, 02:20 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
we all get along...dh's parents would take the kids in a heartbeat if they lived close by! but they live on the east coast..so we don't see them often...but when we do they always take them for a night and me and dh go out my parents on the other hand live about 1.5hours away and rarely does she take them for anything.....actually she has taken them more now since we moved (3 years ago) than she ever did when we lived 5mins away :/ but since we live far away when she does take them its usually for a couple of days LOL...so thats kinda nice
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

September 22nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm really close with my mom, I talk to her twice a day, if we lived near her she'd see Audrey everyday probably but we live almost 5 hours apart.
we're close with the in laws and they will watch her anytime I need and the last few months they keep her overnight one night each time DH is at work so I get a break, and they always keep her when we have date night.

September 23rd, 2013, 02:25 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Not close to my parents although my father says he is coming back to this state sometime next year so we will see if we can build a relationship. We dont see the inlaws that often but I would say at least once a month? I would like to keep it that way, lol. Both the inlaws and my mother live some what close to us. Inlaws are about half hour away and my mother is about ten minutes away now.
September 23rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I am close to my mom emotionally, but unfortunately she lives 18 hours away
She would take my kids though whenever I asked for sure.

My in laws live next door and they are so helpful and supportive. Any time that DH and I want to go out, or I need a break, they will take Avery. They did not start watching her until she was over 1 year though, I just hung on. It made me uncomfortable (and she never took a bottle). They take her overnight once in a while but not too often.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 23rd, 2013, 04:14 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
My parents are deceased. My MIL lives about 10 minutes from and my FIL livces thousands of miles away. My MIL confuses my kids allergies up and she smokes in her bed.

Leslie

September 23rd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Im close to my mom. She lives five hours away so we see her once or twice a year for a day or two.
My dad is too busy with his wife(aka troll) to get to know his grandsons. He's never met my boys. Makes me sad cuz dad and I were always close but he made his choice. We talk via email and phone call at holidays, that's about it.

My late husband lost his mom to cancer in 1998 so I never knew her. His father was never in his life(but we found out he died of cancer in 2004).

So basically my mom is it, grandparent-wise.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
September 25th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I'm very close with my mom and since she moved to the same city as me we get to spend more time together. I get a long just fine with my dad but we don't have that close of a relationship. We butted heads a lot during my teen years. Our whole family is very close, though. I also get along just fine with my in-laws but don't have that close personal relationship with them that I do with my family. But they're great with Sophia and if she would let us leave her with anyone they would love to watch her. Hopefully soon.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search