talking to someone

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Hi,
I do not want to sound like I am boring, I just feel like I need to talk with someone to feel better and maybe hear some advises.
I am the mother of 14 months boy. I've been at home mom since my baby born. During the day I stayed at home and take care of our baby and at night I work at the office and my husband take care of our baby boy. I am very happy to expend time with my baby. I am enjoying every second of his development and that make me very very happy. We decided to do this first because we do not want that someone watch our son, in especial because during this days people are crazy and also because is too expensive to pay for this.
But last days I am feeling weird, first I feel like my baby need more kids to learn more things in his life, sometimes I think he is behind in his development because of that, but at the same time I see that my baby is so healthy…. Also some times I feel like life is just passing me by. Sometime I do not have motivation to do anything. I don't deal with a lot of people these days, sometimes I feel like I need someone to talk. My husband supports me in everything. But sometimes I just feel lost and so alone.Sometimes I feel angry because He just arrived at home and do nothing, just watch tv and his stupid cellphone, then he put baby to sleep but what about me? I am working almost 24/7.
January 11th, 2017, 09:13 AM
BlueMoon82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been a mother for almost 20 years. Many of those I've been a SAHM. People may not realize it but a lot of being a happy stay at home mom is being resourceful and motivated. The easiest thing to do is start looking at what is around your area for moms and toddlers. Are you on Pinterest? I loooove Pinterest for food, learning at home, kids' activities and crafts, household information, and many other ideas.

One on one with Mom (or Dad) is better than 5 to 1 or 10 to 1 (or higher) ratio in some daycares/preschools, but that's just my opinion. There are things you can do to help your son like getting him out and around other kids, like at playgrounds and things. Check for mom playgroups or mom and baby clubs or activities in your area. You can also start homeschool him at home for preschool for free or cheap to teach him basic school skills on top of the things every toddler needs to learn. You can make it as structured or as unstructured as is best for him.

Feeling lost, alone, and lonely can be very normal. Reaching out into your community for activities and things to do with your son may help that. Postpartum Depression may also be something worth looking into, if you haven't already.

As far as your husband goes...just like mothers, some fathers are more natural caregivers than others. You don't sound like English is your first language so it's also possible that it is a cultural issue also. Regardless, I would talk to your husband and let him know how you're feeling. See if there is some compromise that can be reached with him taking care of things when you're working, like you take care of them when he's working.

Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search