Whats the hardest thing about being a SAHM?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
I think the hardest thing to me is "VERY VERY..and I mean VERY Limited adult interaction.
I'm telling you..If it were not for the internet, the only interaction between other adults that I would have (besides my hubby and my parents) would be the few ladies that I talk to at church, but usually dont get the chance to even talk to them because we are all so busy.

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

September 27th, 2004, 08:16 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
no adult conversation and never going to the bathroom by myself!!!

September 27th, 2004, 08:28 AM
ranidae
Ditto on lack of adult interaction, and for me not being able to go anywhere. I do get out but not as often as I need. With two one year olds, a van with only one sliding door and lack of gas money going anywhere has to have a reason.

edited for spelling
September 27th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
it WOULD BE NICE to go to the bathroom ALONE for a change!!! lol

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

September 27th, 2004, 09:36 AM
oreokitten
Quote:
a van with only one sliding door and lack of gas money going anywhere has to have a reason.[/b]
I hear that! My outing is the grocery store!! The bathroom thing too, no privacy, no adult interaction....everything you guys said!
September 27th, 2004, 09:37 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You mean people actually go to the bathroom alone?? So that's what those doors are for? Geez I guess you do learn a new thing everyday! LOL
That part is hard, not having friends, sometimes its hard to think that the money DH makes is OUR money and I can spend it on myself. This is the first time without a job since I was 12 so its been a little hard to get used to. Its also hard that we get no time off. DH at least gets weekends off. I get mothers day and my bday.

September 27th, 2004, 09:39 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
LOL I agree with above posts with lack of adult interaction and the fact I'm single on the top of that. And the fact being Being a SAHM you got to do all the errands with the kids and it makes it rough without a nap!

-Dori
September 27th, 2004, 10:23 AM
twinsmom26
1. Dealing with those stupid people who act like I dont have a job with 3 kids two of which are 2.5 year old twins.

2. Laundry

3. Dishes

4. Bathtime

5. Eating my own lunch would be nice every once in a while

6. Life seems so routine lately

7. Finding time to actually feel good about myself through out the day

8. Being in charge of EVERYTHING when it comes to this house

9. Sick days?? Hmmm.... what's that?

10. Mommy I need this, mommy I need that, MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY.... LOL!! I know I must scream this out in my sleep!

11. No breaks, even if I do get one usually I seem to have something that needs to get done during their nap. Like now I should be doing laundry and I'm not, lol.

Dont get me wrong there are so many great things about being a SAHM too!! Oh and if you want to use the bathroom by yourself you can just lock the door. That's what I do. I cant stand to be peeing with the boys staring at me fighting over who's going to flush the toilet next, lol!!
September 27th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MaddysMom Send a message via Yahoo to MaddysMom
Well I definetely agree with the adult interaction part, thank goodness for this board! Plus now it is a double duty job....today was actually my first day with both of the kids alone...it went well, but I can just see the days ahead....OMG. It's hard being the primary one taking care of them. My DH has been great in the last few days, but it's only because Kai is a newborn, so I'm not expecting much help from him for much longer But also as a SAHM, there are no sick days, and you can't call in just to take a day off. You don't have any alone time, UNLESS for some strange reason BOTH kids nap at the same time, but that's not often (See, I'm new at this double thing, but I already know THAT is rare!)....and the constant diaper changing, whining, climbing, eating, throwing, screaming, whining some more, ALWAYS having something attached to your boob, crying, smearing, breaking, eating again, and so on.....makes me wonder why I opted for this extra full-time job. BUT then I look at Maddy and Kai's beautiful little faces and realize that it is the best unpaid (by money I mean) job in the world....and there's no where else I'd rather be....

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Makenna or Mason on the way!</font>
</center>
September 27th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I THINK TWINSMOM26 HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NOSE.

September 27th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Ana_and_Gage&#39;s_Mommy
Definatley the lack of time alone!!!

The seemingly impossible task of finding time to shower daily!!!

And a big one for me is always having a four year old hounding me to PLAY all day long!!!!

The effort it takes to coordinate mommy and kid outings like our playgroup and library reading hour, and playdates, and park time with friends all while still finding time to grocery shop and hit walmart, make dr's appointments, get pics taken, LACK OF TIME TO DO IT ALL....

September 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM
I Heart 4x4
Um .... STAYING AT HOME!

I get to go to the bathroom by myself all the time. Although, I probably just jinxed myself.

I hate the lack of adult interaction. I need a wife to take care of my kids so I can go out and have a friendship with someone, go to the gym or take a class or something! LMAO!
September 29th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Regular
The hardest thing for me is not being around adults to often.
September 29th, 2004, 08:26 AM
mom22boyz
Ditto what everyone has said here! I got tired of not being able to go to the bathroom alone, so now I lock the door and that seems to work. As for the Adult Interaction...when I first was a SAHM, I was desparate for it, so I started a playgroup...so my son could have friends and get away from the tv and I could have friends and stay off the computer. Well for 3yrs now, our playgroup has been going strong and I have some great friends, but it still hasn't kept me off the computer..lol !

Robin
September 29th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Rylee&#39;sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee&#39;sMommy03
Quote:
Originally posted by twinsmom26@Sep 27 2004, 12:23 PM
1. Dealing with those stupid people who act like I dont have a job with 3 kids two of which are 2.5 year old twins.

2. Laundry

3. Dishes

4. Bathtime

5. Eating my own lunch would be nice every once in a while

6. Life seems so routine lately

7. Finding time to actually feel good about myself through out the day

8. Being in charge of EVERYTHING when it comes to this house

9. Sick days?? Hmmm.... what's that?

10. Mommy I need this, mommy I need that, MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY.... LOL!! I know I must scream this out in my sleep!

11. No breaks, even if I do get one usually I seem to have something that needs to get done during their nap. Like now I should be doing laundry and I'm not, lol.

Dont get me wrong there are so many great things about being a SAHM too!! Oh and if you want to use the bathroom by yourself you can just lock the door. That's what I do. I cant stand to be peeing with the boys staring at me fighting over who's going to flush the toilet next, lol!!
I agree!!!!! :clapping:
September 30th, 2004, 12:22 AM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
The being alone part....some days I enjoy it and some days I hate it. And lack of adult interaction.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
September 30th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lack of "me" time! I usually only get time when Alden is sleeping, and even then I usually have so many other things that need to get done that I don't get much time just for me!
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

October 4th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Hardest thing for me is the lack of funds to do extra activities and the adult interaction!
October 4th, 2004, 06:34 AM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
Gee, I don't think I even have to reply! Yep, you already said it!

Can we say "Cabin Fever"? Lack of adult conversation? Lack of a clean house? Alone time? WTH is that? LOL...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search