Routine?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MaddysMom Send a message via Yahoo to MaddysMom
Do you try to go by a certain routine everyday? Or are you the type of SAHM that just goes with the flow?

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Makenna or Mason on the way!</font>
</center>
September 29th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Veteran
I really just go with the flow. I don't have a set time I get up in the mornings, just whenever they do. But that is only if we don't have some kind of appointment

Maddy will wake up anywhere between 7 and 9. She goes to bed between 9 and 10, so that's not bad. Kai normally goes to bed with David between 10 and 11, and he's up to nurse at 2, and again at 5 normally. He wakes up in the morning around 8, and I normally nurse him then get up to feed Maddy. The basically we just play it by ear. If they are being good (mostly meaning Maddy) we will go for a walk, or do something like that. Otherwise we just stay in.

I never know what we are gonna do the next day, I don't even have a certain time to go grocery shopping, just whenever I get the chance! I'm not really into having a set schedule, and I think that just works best for our family. It will definetly be different when they get older and into school, but for now, we just go with the flow. But I know every family is different.

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Makenna or Mason on the way!</font>
</center>
September 29th, 2004, 04:50 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On the weekends we go with the flow cause thats the most time we get to spend with DH so we like to make the most of it. During the week its pretty much the same schedule. Somes we go to the park or something but that's about it.

September 29th, 2004, 05:18 PM
twinsmom26
Bedtime is scheduled and everything else is pretty much go with the flow. The nap time usually falls between 1-3 p.m. and lunch anywhere from 11 to 1 p.m. and dinner anywhere from 5-8, lol. I keep them happy and busy and when they are hungry or thirsty they let me know. I use to be VERY routine but at the twins age now I just cant do it anymore. I dont really want them so use to a certain schedule anyways.
September 29th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty much a "go with the flow" mom. We do have a few scheduled activities each week, and we usually eat dinner around 6pm and bedtime is usually between 8 and 9 pm, but otherwise, we just take it as it comes.

Naptimes are all over the place. Sometimes Alden naps in the afternoon - usually around 1pm. Other days he might fall asleep much earlier (today he conked out at 9am!!!) or much later.
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

September 29th, 2004, 06:24 PM
ranidae
We totally go with the flow with the twins. It is impossible to get them on a set scheduel LOL. With Krystle being 9 though she is in bed by 9 and up at 7 on the weekdays. Weekends she goes to bed at the same time but we will let her sleep in if she somehow does.
September 29th, 2004, 07:04 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I didn't plan a routine, but our days have turned into one

The kids know when it is time to clean, get dressed, etc.....

My kids love the routine.. They get excited!!

If my Dh is home from work, our whole day is shot..

September 29th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by momtojacobalisha@Sep 29 2004, 11:04 PM
If my Dh is home from work, our whole day is shot..
LOL...true that! I can't even "go with the flow" when he is home!

</center>
September 29th, 2004, 07:36 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
I go with the flow to for the most part with some same daily routines if it works out that way LOL. For example, if we don't go out naptime is 3:30pm and we watch certain tv shows and such. But I usually start my day when Alexis wakes up too. Which can be between 9:30-12 noon depending when she goes to bed the night before between 9:30-12 mid! But that all will change too soon once school starts.
-Dori
September 30th, 2004, 06:06 AM
offlikeapromdress
We have a routine. Livi always gets up between 530 and 630, so I get up when she does. She watches her Dora and blues clues and wiggles, while I clean up the kitchen and get her cereal and milk. Then we play all day, sometimes we go out, but she does lunch around noon and takes a nap from 3-5 and bedtime at 9. Now on the weekends it is all blown to poop, b/c dh is home and he coudlnt follow a routine if his life depended on it. So he gets her nap all of schedule he still tries to give her a morning nap, in which she just plays in her crib..lol
September 30th, 2004, 06:13 AM
I Heart 4x4
Ugh. Routine. I am Mrs. Boring.
September 30th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Ma2RayPooh
we are usually on a routine around here too. bedtime 830-900, wake up around 830-9 (LOL not planned) Lunch at 11 school bus at 1145. get home from school at 345 do home work, dinner, bath...BED!
September 30th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I try to just go wtih the flow. Ashton wakes up about 11 or 12 and we have lunch and since he is so crabby when he wakes up he watches tv for a while while i get lunch ready. (rarely do we eat breakfast foods) then we eat and so whatever until daddy comes home. we usually go downstairs at 9 and shut the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs and he just plays or last night he turned on the cd player and danced for a while until he falls asleep. we eat dinner when we are hungry. not a scheduled time usually. i have been taking him to barnes and noble almost every day though because when we have to pick up daddy from work we can go there until 11 and he plays with the trains and has such a good time. and it lets me unwind and relax and read a book while he is playing.

September 30th, 2004, 04:12 PM
TheGeneralsGal
We have a tentative schedule for the day. Bedtime is at 8:30. I try to feed her at the same time everyday. If I have a busy day I schedule everything to a T. The weekends are always scheduled since DH is home.
September 30th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kind of a combo here:

My husband's alarm goes off at 5:30. When he's out of the shower I go in. Before he leaves for work at 6:30, usually one or both girls are up. Brian is up by 7, at the bus stop at 8. On MWF, we leave for Julia's Pre-K at 9, and pick up at 12. If I'm not running errands (lately, a weekly Toys R Us run for their sale And I'm President of the Parent's Board at Julia's school, so sometimes I get caught there.) Kira sometimes naps in the morning-- she's starting to grow out of that though. Then it's lunch and whatever until 3, when Brian arrives home. (ON Tues, Julia has gymnastics from 11-12)

After school, it's homework right away. Then... it gets interesting. I tutor after school, and my schedule changes from one day to the next. On Monday and Wednesday, Brian has Tae Kwon Do-- either a 4:30 or a 6pm class. On alternate Tuesdays he's starting cub scouts. Thank God my babysitters are flexible.

Oh, yeah. I also volunteer with a group that meets infant Korean adoptees at the airport and unites them with their families. ON those days-- like tomorrow, I drop the girls at my mom's (on the way to JFK) after Julia's school. The sitters pick Brian up at the bus stop.

Dinner is wherever I can fit it in. Bedtime for the kids is by 8pm.
I always say: if (God forbid) the house ever goes on fire, I'm grabbing my calendar!!!
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
September 30th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Other than trying to get Riley to take an afternoon nap prior to Shane getting home (if he's not on a business trip :soapbox: ) I'm very go with the flow for the most part. Today was bad because I didn't sleep last night and we had to get up for Riley's preschool today, so I was exhausted and tried to push him into an early nap, which didn't go over well at all

October 1st, 2004, 02:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Go with the flow here. Freja is known to break her own schedule when something happens (like right now teething) Today she took one nap and now at 5:15 am has been asleep since 9 pm. See usually she's up till midnight and sleept till 9-10 am. So she's WAY off kilter here. I'm awake cause I KNOW she'll be up soon lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search