Money and Christmas

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2004, 06:18 AM
offlikeapromdress
Approx how much do you spend on your children at Christmas?

This year we spent $150 on each girl. Last year we spent $100 on each girl. We dont even buy gifts between me and DH....too broke..lol
November 4th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Ma2RayPooh
i dont add up what i spend, to scared to i guess! LOL i started xmas shopping way early this year. i already have my newphews and my step sister done for. YEAH rayanne is almost done!
November 4th, 2004, 08:05 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
around 100-125 per child

November 4th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Regular
Send a message via MSN to starllite5
whoa. we spend way too much and this year it will be slack since we just got a new house.
problay 150$ a kid/
November 4th, 2004, 10:23 PM
ranidae
Wow I feel like a miser LOL.......we spend about 30.00 per child, if that each year. That is including all three gifts (I am a major bargain shopper) and stocking stuffers. We spend no more than 20.00 on each other, and most years we choose to go out on a date instead of giving gifts.
November 5th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ours varies a lot. I usually do the vast majority of the shopping, and I buy stuff on clearance throughout the year. Riley's "big" gift this year from us is going to be a dress-up box. I got him like 3-4 costumes on post-Halloween clearance. We'll see what else I can find between now and the holidays, but I don't pay too much attention to the total of what I spend since none/very few of the individual things are very expensive.

November 5th, 2004, 11:14 AM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
Last year I spent over 300.00 on Adrian in total. But what can you get a 10 year old when all the video games alone are 50.00 a pop, his clothes alone are 20.00 for jeans as they get older, it adds up quicker.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
November 5th, 2004, 12:02 PM
I Heart 4x4
Last year we spent about $100 on Danny and about $300 or so on each other. Randy's was closer to $800 actually, because he got to do this seminar thing that was $400something. This year will be a LOT more thrifty, about $100 on each of us and making everyone else's!
November 5th, 2004, 01:02 PM
mom22boyz
I think in the past I have gone overboard on the kids, but this year I am sticking(gonna try to ) between $100 & $150!!
November 5th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by ranidae@Nov 5 2004, 12:23 AM
most years we choose to go out on a date instead of giving gifts.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

great idea. that is what i'm going to ask for.

hmmm. this year i am not done. i have about 160.00 more dollars of presents to use on everyone else and ashton got tons of clothes. i put 113 on my gap card only i used it at old navy since it was way cheaper. we dont have alot of extra money especially since DH will miss drill next month and wont get paid for his two weeks gone until after christmas. i think we will probably spend about 30-40 more dollars on ashton and i got DH some personalized golf balls that were 30 bucks and some clearence winter clothes from old navy and i'm asking to go on a date. probably 350 in total after everyone is done for. but i usually start shopping right after christmas for the following year. this year was hard though because everyone in both my family and DH's family wanted to draw names and they dont do their shopping early so we havnt even drawn names yet. but i rigged the drawing because ashton had to get my niece because i had gotten tons of stuff for her earlier this year.

November 5th, 2004, 06:01 PM
twinsmom26
Way to much. I said I was going to cut it down this year but Myles had to have this new Gameboy advance sp (which is really freggin cool BTW), and that thing was 80.00 alone. So after the games for it and everything else I'm sure we will be in the same boat as always. Next year I will do better!!
November 5th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This year we're spending about $100-150 but that's including toys AND clothes lol
November 9th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I spend about $250 total on the 4 girls, christmas gifts and stocking stuffers. I never buy them clothes for christmas, because the sales in January are great, so I just buy them then.
November 9th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Stephanee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by grneydgurl@Nov 5 2004, 10:14 AM
Last year I spent over 300.00 on Adrian in total. But what can you get a 10 year old when all the video games alone are 50.00 a pop, his clothes alone are 20.00 for jeans as they get older, it adds up quicker.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

you should check for used video game stores around... thats where i buy all mine.. it might now be too much off but something is better than nothing

November 10th, 2004, 03:39 AM
zonapellucida
Let me guestimate what is in my closet right now.......{thinking} about 2 thousands and I am not even close to done. Divided by 6 when I am done it works out to at least $400 per child.
November 10th, 2004, 06:05 AM
YankeeMom
It usuallt comes out to about $100/kid. That includes stocking stuffers too. Sometimes the older two's gifts come out to more, and the younger two less. But it usually ends up being around $400 for all four kids. Then another $200 for mine & his parents. And about $75-100 on each of us (that includes taking the kids to the dollar store and letting each of them pick something for mom & dad with "their own money").
November 10th, 2004, 06:21 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Usually about $125:00 each person. We have 7 to buy for. That is my 3 kids their 2 partners & my 2 grandsons.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search