Were you always a SAHM?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Ma2RayPooh
Or did you used to work and now your a sahm?
November 11th, 2004, 07:58 AM
TheGeneralsGal
I worked up until the middle of August 2003. While Brian was 'in', it was the only thing keeping me sane while he was away.
November 11th, 2004, 08:03 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I worked part time(4 hours a day) until Jacob was 11 months old. I started working at 3 months...

November 11th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
While I was prego with Rylee I ran an afterschool care program at an elementary school in the afternoons and in the mornings, I worked at a daycare. Closer to the middle of my pregnancy, I quit my afternoon job and kept the morning one, and then in August of 2003 I quit working and made time for myself until Rylee got here in November.
November 11th, 2004, 08:26 AM
I Heart 4x4
I've been a SAHM since I was 5 months pregnant!
November 11th, 2004, 11:15 AM
GraceC2's Avatar Veteran
I taught up until literally the day that Olivia was born (she was about three weeks early). I've been a SAHM ever since. I'll probably go back to teaching once my kids are also in school full-time but I'm loving it right now.

November 11th, 2004, 11:45 AM
mom22boyz
From the time Mathew was 3mths old till about 17mths I worked, but it finally came down to my paycheck was going for gas & daycare, so DH told me to stay home...which of course I didn't argue!!
November 11th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hmmm. i worked up until two weeks before i was due. i actually stayed at home the first 8 months and went back to work because DH was being deployed and i thought it would be easier for me to work so i went back but it was okay because i worked at a daycare so i could take ashton and he was right next door and i knew what was going on. then i got in a fight with my co-worker who turned out to be the devil and quit because i had a nervous breakdown with working stress and brad being gone stress and having ashton by myself stress and have been a stay at home mom ever since. i love staying home. i'm hoping to get a part time job once ashton goes to school next year. i really would like to work to get out of the house but i will not put ashton in daycare.

November 12th, 2004, 10:20 AM
ranidae
I have been a SAHM off and on since Jon and I have been together, I am actually not very good at staying home LOL, I prefer to work but we didn't want the twins in daycare till they started preschool at the least. I am going to be looking for a job though, here real soon or look into starting school again. I need to do something to get me out of the house, I am going nuts. This is the longest I have not worked and it has been 2yrs now, I need to do something.
November 12th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After Brian arrived, I continued teaching until the day I went into labor with Julia... 13 months after Brian's arrival from Korea.

I've been home for 4 years and change; I'll probably go back to teaching in a few years when Kira is in school. In the meantime I tutor a LOT!
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
November 12th, 2004, 07:57 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never worked away from my home when my older kids were little. After my youngest Jared started school I worked part time some. Through most of the years I only worked part time while my kids were in school. The same hours.I am super bonded with my kids because of it too! I will be the same way with my next baby. I love being a SAHM.....

November 13th, 2004, 05:37 AM
YankeeMom
I've only been a sahm for the last 4 1/2 yrs
I worked until Logan (my third child) was 2 and haven't worked since (he's now 6 1/2). After I get my degree, I will be back in the workforce again. By that time my youngest, Matthew (now 3) will be in school
November 14th, 2004, 04:48 PM
*kk*'s Avatar Regular
I have been a SAHM since a month before my first son was born. We had a second son last Sept. I will probably be a SAHM until our youngest starts school full time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search