Anyone else finding themselves........

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2004, 03:18 PM
ranidae
going on a housework strike?? I swear with certain things like laundry and dishes I put them off as long as I can sometimes just to see if someone else (like Jon LOL) will do them. I know he works and I stay home but if I start going to school here soon like I want then he is going to have to share in the housework again. Heck he still hasnt even made the recycling run he needs to do or gotten rid of Krystles old mattress.

Calgon TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!
November 12th, 2004, 03:47 PM
oreokitten
I'm on strike, well, I just dont feel like doing it. It is piling up, and will not get done until I get to it either. Oh well. I'm just too unmotivated to do anything. I dont even want to eat.
November 12th, 2004, 04:46 PM
YankeeMom
No. It just causes me more grief & stress.
Sure I would like more help, but I tend to actually ask for it rather than let it pile up and just have an even larger mountain of stuff to do when no one else takes the initiave

Although, sometimes even asking does no good. I only have classes on Tuesday nights. I asked dh to just wash the dinner dishes (since I cooked it, served it then wouldn't be home until 9:30pm). Nope. He hasn't done it once.
But when I was sick he did the dishes twice. I don't get it.

He WILL be doing something next semester. I have classes three nights a week as opposed to just one now.
November 12th, 2004, 04:50 PM
zonapellucida
know he works and I stay home but if I start going to school here soon like I want then he is going to have to share in the housework again. ... he still hasnt even made the recycling run .....

Are you high?????? Men share in the housework??? You ARE kidding right?
November 12th, 2004, 05:05 PM
ranidae
Quote:
Originally posted by zonapellucida@Nov 12 2004, 05:50 PM
know he works and I stay home but if I start going to school here soon like I want then he is going to have to share in the housework again. ... he still hasnt even made the recycling run .....

Are you high??????* Men share in the housework??? You ARE kidding right?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Nope not high but sometimes I would like to be LMAO... we really did have things split pretty well between us back when I was working, we had our own set chorse. His laundry and garbage, mine cooking and dishes and we split the other stuff like floors, windows etc. If I go to school it is going to have to go back to that. Of course if we don't make it and end up splitting up then I will be SOL, but still I will expect him to clean up after himself if he watches the kids while I am at school.
November 12th, 2004, 06:23 PM
I Heart 4x4
I'm with Heidi on this one. Randy won't do anything unless I ask, plead, beg and scream at him.

And even then, he does it with a pout and a ^ugh^.

Lately I've been on a cleaning strike - too tired, no motivation and too much to be done!
November 12th, 2004, 06:35 PM
KentuckyMama
I hate doing the dishes...and we have a dishwasher! I can't stand seeing leftover food in the sink and stuck to plates. I will let those pile up! Luckily DH does them with no complaints...just need to figure out how to get him to keep doing it once baby arrives and things calm down!
November 13th, 2004, 06:41 AM
cowboysangel
DH doesn't usually do a thing here, I even fix his plates and his tea, but since I am high risk pg, he is getting better.
November 13th, 2004, 02:05 PM
TheGeneralsGal
I went on strike once. He had no clean clothes to go to work. He does his part now. I am ot a maid. You can put your clothes into the hamper and you can load a dishwasher. And the horror of it all you can occasionaly do a load of laundry.
November 13th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i am the queen of procrastination. and i know i stay home and it is part of my job now but i still dont want to do it.

November 14th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH doesn't do much housework around here unless I specifically ask either. As for going on strike, I don't know if you could call it that, I'm just lacking energy and motivation for cleaning right now. The dishes and laundry seem to stay caught up, but not general cleaning

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search