I really wanted to smack

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2004, 09:33 AM
zonapellucida
my sister aside the head last night (the childless one who I was hoping was preggo) My other sister Holly is going through a divorce and has small children.. Heather went off on her telling her she should get a job. WRONG thing for her to say to me last night because I ripped her wide open. After expalin the finacial end of Holly working (ie day care and gas) she MIGHT be bringing home $1.35 an hour. I yelled at Heather how clueless she really is when it comes to juggling a family and working wihtout help and that although women do it, Holly is a wreck right now so to say that to her is just palin stupid, selfish and callous. Heath actually had the nerve to tell Holyy she shouldn't have a cell phone becasue she doesn't have a job "I work, Holy and I can afford a cell phone" EEEEEEERRRRRRR She is so insensitive. Christmas eve with her and her DH and Holly, her kids and all of my crew ought to be VERY interesting and I am not helping her clean up--let her see what it is like to have to deal wiht a house after kids go through it.
November 22nd, 2004, 10:43 AM
ranidae
Wow how insensitive. I know for a fact how hard it is to juggle one child and working along with going to school. I am scared to death that I will end up trying to finish school with Jon and I split up. I know it will be hell not to mention the two months I had to do a externship and of course wont get paid for. THe only good think I have going is I was able to rate the full amount of student loan offered so if Jon and I split I will have a 1100.00 check coming in a month before my externship starts, so I will have daycare money if needed. Even if Jon and I are together we will still need part of that for daycare because there is a good chance by then Jon will be working days, and a medical billing externship will of course be days also so where will the kids go if not into childcare for that time period?

Make sure your sister (the one getting divorced) knows there is alot of help out there if she finally feels the need to go to work, most states will help with childcare especially if the mom is a displaced housewife. Most also will help with schooling for the same reason.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search