What do u really do all day ?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Ethan&Tuckersmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ethan&Tuckersmom
What do u really do all day ? Do u really clean slave over dishes and laundry or u do really sit and watch TLC or LIFETIME channel all day and eat snacks ?

Well monday is a NO cleaning NO do nothing day for me .....sometimes even all week , i do what i feel like doing if something mayjor needs to be done it gets done but other then that somedays i do do a thing......

Jen
<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Ethan David</font>
</center>

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Tucker Alexzander</font>
<a href="http://lilypie.com">
August 26th, 2005, 11:05 AM
soontobemommyto3
I'm not good at cleaning which is why we have house cleaners come in twice a month.

Being 5 months pregnant, most days I just count the hours until I can lie down and take a nap or go to bed

Seriously though, I don't really clean, but it feels like I do laundry all the time, also picking up toys all the time (although it does NO good because they are right back there again!). I make meals, clean up from meals, change diapers, check email, check JM, go to the park, go on playdates about 1 or 2 times a week, pick up and drop off my daughter from preschool, lock my self in the bathroom so I can take a shower or go pee in peace. Play with the kids, or rather, keep the kids from killing each other. Pay the bills, do the grocery shopping, things like that.

I don't watch TV for myself, but my kids watch some. I don't like TV, I'd rather read. I also try to knit or sew or quilt, but often find that pointless because as soon as I sit down the kids need something.

My days can be long and boring, but I love my kids to death and wouldn't change a think (except maybe get out with other moms more)
August 26th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
i clean cook and sit in front of the computer and take care of Katlyn when she is here with me lol.i multi task
August 26th, 2005, 05:46 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I try to make sure I do a little bit of cleaning everyday. I made myself a list of each day what I am suppose to clean. That helps keep my house stay super clean and it doesn't take a lot of time to do it each day. I normally clean while my son is napping.

I also play with my son a lot, go to playdates, spend way to much time online, cook, and be a mommy. I do watch a little bit of TV but not a lot mainly scrapbooking shows.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

August 27th, 2005, 06:33 PM
sharon81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sharon81
Well what a ? I was only married for 1 1/2 months before getting pregnant... and as most of you would guess I was very tired for most of my pregnancy... I chose naps over house work but now that I have had the baby I promised my husband that I would keep the house up ( he really doesn't care about it as long as I am happy) but I figured that there was no excuse since I was home all day any way. I do keep the house up and the dishes and the laundry. Bennie( my son ) is really easy so that makes it nice for me. and I have from 8-5 to get it all done.... Hubby helps out a lot too which makes it even better.

August 28th, 2005, 01:28 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I do a little of both.. I clean for a bit ( 30 or more minutes) then watch some tv and get on the computer or cross stitch.... Then I clean for 30 more minutes and then take a break...... I don't clean on the weekends so Monday I am cleaning most of the day...

August 28th, 2005, 06:24 PM
smiles2_4's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to smiles2_4 Send a message via Yahoo to smiles2_4
well I have to admitt I love the lifetime channel but I only watch it at night when the kids are in bed MOST OF THE TIME. sometimes I'll watch it during the day. I am six months pregnant and am having a hard time finding the energy to do anything. I have been really trying to keep the house clean for my husband. Because I know he really likes that.

<embed src="http://babystrology.com/tickers/baby-ticker-glass.swf?parent=Ruby&year=2008&month=5&day=20&bab ycount=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="120" height="180"></embed>
August 28th, 2005, 09:45 PM
jaylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to walk everyday after breakfast. My dd loves her stroller rides so it works out well. We run errand as needed and try to clean the house, Lindsay "helps". I cook and when dd is napping I do my bible study and try to crochet (teaching myself and struggling, but it's a fun hobby anyways. My grandma is coming in a few weeks and I'm hoping she can get me on a better track).-Jamie
August 29th, 2005, 04:36 AM
busymama12345's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to busymama12345
Well being 8 months preggo with 4 kids I try to get as much done as possible.I clean alittle everyday, laundy everyother day I like to workout when possible, BUT I do love watching lifetime and some other shows

Proud SAHM to our five Blessings:
Desiree Alyssa 9/17/93
Evan Scott 3/15/00
Brenden Scott 8/30/01
Timaia Noelle 9/25/03
Annaliese Nichole 10/17/05

August 31st, 2005, 02:28 PM
MamaOf2Angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaOf2Angels
well im a SAH soon to be mom... so basically i sit around online and snack on food during the morning time. then around 2 or so i take a shower and start some laundry. then from then on out TRY to keep laundry going.. ( very rarely happens)
Then ....

around 5 or so start cleaning the house up. and thinking about what to make for dinner. oh and while im hanging out around the house i either have music on. CMT or CDs or i have lifetime or TLC or my soap on.. lol its pretty boring for the most part.

THANK GOD FOR JM!

Amanda

THANKS STEPH2007 for my amazing siggy!!!!!!!!

1 month old : 9 pounds 9 ounces 23 inches long
5-21-11: 26 pounds down! GO ME!
August 31st, 2005, 03:54 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
I will admit it. I sit on my butt alot. My son sleeps alot. The girls ar etoo old for mommy to play with them, or so they say. I would clean more but we are still remodeling and it is hard to do that right now. So hopefully when the house is done I will get it clean and it will stay that way. The girls are going to school and Gabriel doesn't do anything to make a mess. I am going to be even more bored than I am right now.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search