sahm day off

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2007, 03:32 PM
flossy31's Avatar Member
hi all im a sahm and would like to know if anyelse gets this from there dp .well i go to work coz i am so fedd up with hearinf it from my dp .arghhhhhhh lol.
or its you do what i do .so said to him you geta day off i dont who else would do you washing ironing etc and not get paid for it .
does any else get this dont get me wrong i love being at home with the kids but i need me time .
August 5th, 2007, 11:49 AM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
I think we all have these kind of days. And it's important to have time to yourself. I try to get at least an hour for myself everyday because then I can maybe take a power nap or find time to watch a recorded TiVo show that I have. My husband is the type to be honest and will often say what your's says, that he's gone to work all day. Well, I've found I can keep my schedule similar to his. I understand being a SAHM is a 24/7 position, but I treat it like 8-6. I try to not do any housework before 8 and after 6. Other than dinner or tending to my daughter, no housework. =) That way I can have time to wake up in the morning and time to relax in the evening. Just remember that you are a very important part of the chemistry around your home, and if you aren't in it.... It could all crumble. So take pride in what you are and remember that it's not just you that needs them, but that they need you =)

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
September 29th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OH yes....i hear you!

my dh thinks...he works 8 hours a day and i "get" to stay home (we never planned for me to be a SAHM, i got screwed out of my maternity leave and just haven't gone back to work yet. i will, someday lol) so...he says it's MY job to take care of EVERYTHING in the house and regarding the kids. i tell him, when we are BOTH home it's 50/50. when it's just me home, i am the only one responsible, but when he comes home he can get over it and change a diaper or feed a kid. shouldn't be a problem. but he thinks, b/c he was at work making money, it's his god-given right to sit in the chair and play video games.

things have changed for the better a tiny bit since he quit working nights and switched to the day shift. he used to have the excuse, he had to sleep all day b/c he worked all night. now he works during the day and is awake during the same hours as us, goes to bed at the same time as us. so he has been doing daddy chores a little bit.
March 7th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling this same way these days-- I crave a day (or even an hour off), and I never get it. I even talked to DH about it tonight and he said "I don't know any other moms that are begging to get away from their children. Maybe you just aren't cut out to be a mom." I told him he clearly doesn't spend any time talking to moms about their days. Ugh-- I was so mad I could scream. But he's dealing with a lot of weird depression and anxiety right now, so I'm trying to be understanding. But in the meantime, I really like the suggestion to treat the "housewife" part of my job as a 9-5 job. I might try that myself-- only do laundry, cleaning, errands, etc. during business hours. Maybe that will help me find more balance.
Iím rocking my baby and babies donít keep.
March 12th, 2010, 09:23 PM
MomRigamarole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by regananne View Post
I'm feeling this same way these days-- I crave a day (or even an hour off), and I never get it. I even talked to DH about it tonight and he said "I don't know any other moms that are begging to get away from their children. Maybe you just aren't cut out to be a mom." I told him he clearly doesn't spend any time talking to moms about their days. Ugh-- I was so mad I could scream. But he's dealing with a lot of weird depression and anxiety right now, so I'm trying to be understanding. But in the meantime, I really like the suggestion to treat the "housewife" part of my job as a 9-5 job. I might try that myself-- only do laundry, cleaning, errands, etc. during business hours. Maybe that will help me find more balance.
Ohhh...I also "hear" you. My DH said that to me once about "I don't know any other moms that are begging to get away from their children." and I was really offended..this was when my youngest was a little baby...THEN about a year LATER, I said it to him! LOL Like "What's wrong with me? Maybe I am not cut out for this? These boys are driving me crazy!" LOL

I also treat my position as a SAHM more or less as a regular job with business hours...except I prefer to work 2nd shift! LOL So I usually start "getting busy" cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc around 2pm and stop around 10pm....or sometimes it is 12pm to 8pm or the like...just depends on what day it is.

I am sorry you've been feeling so overwhelmed lately. I go in spurts where some weeks I feel really good about everything and then there are weeks like this week where I would just like to crawl in bed and hide and never come out. Here's hoping you are having a better day/week. We're here for you! ((HUGS))

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for another lovely siggie!

December 30th, 2011, 01:23 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup I can totally relate...while hubby says the right things as far as not being mouthy about it, his actions say that he works, therefore he doesn't have to do anything around the house. I have changed basically 99.9% of the diapers for our son since he was born (he's 2 now). Also am responsible for all housecleaning and a big portion of the cooking. All laundry duty, all clutter cleaning, pretty much all responsibility for the kid. Unless I ask him to put the kiddo to bed that night, or find something for him to eat, he won't offer and he won't step in. The other day he had the nerve to ask me if I thought he was doing better about pitching in with our son. I really had to scratch my head on that one. I didn't know he was even trying. I basically told him, to me it felt like he was perfectly content to let me do everything. He didn't much like that answer, but I don't count spending time playing with the kid (or even occasional discipline) as "helping". I only count the responsibility part, such as feeding, putting to bed, diapering, and dressing. Oh well, I have adjusted to my role and honestly, I don't have it too bad. I have a lot of free time to do as I please. But then again, we only have one right now. When the next one comes along it might be a bit different.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search