WHAT AN IDIOT!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2005, 09:13 AM
MamaOf2Angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaOf2Angels
OMG!!!!!!! Im calling around for a chiropractor because my back is out of wack again to see if anyone around here takes Medicade. And so i call this drs office and he says well the state of Ohio no longer covers Medicade unless your 19 or younger.. i said i am pregnant and on medicade. so then he goes oh your pregnant they must only give it to pregnant woman then he goes onto saying to me that if your under 19 thats the only way to get medicade in the state of Ohio.
And you know what i wanted to strangle the man!!!!!!!!!!!! and say LISTEN YOU MORON! I AN ON MEDICADE! but instead i just hung up.. OMG SOME PEOPLE ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are my pregnant hormones showing through this morning .. hehe

AManda

THANKS STEPH2007 for my amazing siggy!!!!!!!!

1 month old : 9 pounds 9 ounces 23 inches long
5-21-11: 26 pounds down! GO ME!
September 5th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Veteran
I am a former social worker and often helped people apply for Medicaid. It does cover pregnant women above the age of 19. However, in most states, it only covers pregnancy-related services. It would probably only cover chiropractic services if your OB/GYN referred you, saying that you needed those services. Unless Ohio is different from most other states, it wouldn't cover services other than pregnancy if you just made an appt at the office without your primary physicians referral. You may want to check and make sure that chiropractic services will be covered, because he may have meant that you can't use Medicaid for his services unless you are under 19 years of age. There is a difference in what services are covered for children and for pregnant women.
September 5th, 2005, 10:05 AM
well i have an apt with a dentist that takes medicade. thats why i figured a chiropractor would take it too...

September 5th, 2005, 10:19 AM
asianmama
medicaid wouldnt cover my post partum depression medicene so i doubt they will cover chiropractor servives
September 5th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Veteran
You may want to make sure that you are covered for dentist services as well before they actually try to bill it. Just because your dentist accepts Medicaid doesn't mean that YOUR policy covers it. It depends on whether your state offers full medicaid (offered in a very few states for adults who have less than $250 a month income) or pregnancy-related Medicaid, which covers only pregnancy-related services. You are responsible for finding out what your policy covers and you will be responsible for payment for anything it doesn't cover.
September 6th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by thejunebug@Sep 5 2005, 05:01 PM
You may want to make sure that you are covered for dentist services as well before they actually try to bill it. Just because your dentist accepts Medicaid doesn't mean that YOUR policy covers it. It depends on whether your state offers full medicaid (offered in a very few states for adults who have less than $250 a month income) or pregnancy-related Medicaid, which covers only pregnancy-related services. You are responsible for finding out what your policy covers and you will be responsible for payment for anything it doesn't cover.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

oh wow i didnt know that thanks i'll call my social worker and ask her.

Amanda

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search