EWCM (Egg White Cervical Mucous) or Semen: How to Tell the Difference

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
To identify your most fertile days, it is helpful to monitor your cervical mucous.  You should start checking your cervical mucous as soon as your period ends.  What you are looking for is slippery stretchy mucous that looks similar to egg whites.  When you see this kind of cervical mucous, there is a g
Read more
June 22nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Great info for the fertility charting girls!
June 22nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good article! I have been checking my CM and I'm a little confused. Mine has been stretchy and slippery but it's not very clear. It seems like it's clear and white at the same time. So I'm not sure how to interpret it!
June 23rd, 2009, 01:28 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to use the water test if I was confused although in a glass beaker rather than the toilet. Don't worry, nobody drinks from it It's helped me understand CM vs semen. Some good information here!
June 23rd, 2009, 07:59 AM
dapgal's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is a great article. I knew about a few of the tips but not all of them, especially the toilet paper one. With a little practice you should be able to learn the difference.
June 23rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very informative article!

November 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
very informative article glad to be a member
on this site. it keeps me very updated.
February 19th, 2010, 10:12 AM
BabyBee13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this is a great article because it is easy to confuse the two..i know there has been more than once when i 've thought i had ewcm only to find out it was semen..i did not know that it will dissolve in water though..
January 31st, 2011, 05:21 AM
i have always had problems with my periods being on time and last year i had ivf treatment that failed but ever since i have started having the egg white mucous and thought something was wrong with me....
im glad i read this as a whole lot of things are now easier to understand...im still hoping that i fall pregnant naturally as i have had tests to prove i ovulate but one of my tubes are slightly twisted...everything i have read has helped me...thank you
July 13th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to sera_fly_ana
I guess I know the differences, but I used to be scared of looking at both vaginal liquids. Thank you for the article above!
December 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
hi my name is doyin, am frm nigeria i dont usually see my ewcm,i dont knw wat to do.do i ve a prob? myself and my hubby ve been tryin for two yrs now.
February 13th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks that was really helpfull, know I just have to pay attention to it. N hopefully I can get pregnant with a babyboy
June 16th, 2013, 10:09 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE METHOD</a></strong> to get pregnant fast and naturally!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search