Nightmares, Night Terrors and Fears

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sienna

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Quote:
The lack of adequate, restful sleep can affect your child’s mood, behavior, health, memory and growth. If there is anything standing in the way of a good night’s sleep it’s important to address the issue and solve the problem. Following is a list of typical sleep disrupters and possible solutions.
Read more
June 22nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
These are really good tips. My 3 year old was afraid of the dark until I showed him how to make shadow puppets from the light of his night light. Now instead of being afraid, he looks forward to making silly animals before bed.
November 8th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Pam
I have two children 3 and 1.5 years and am proud to say I'm still nursing both. A lot of people are shocked because she's 3 years old but I am not rushing her....I would miss the cuddle time!
August 21st, 2010, 09:15 AM
Rayel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Breast IS the best!!! SO happy to see more and more pro breastfeeding articles to help educate those who are ignorant or just flat out try to deny the multitude of benefits of breastfeeding. There's a reason god gave us breasts and not bottles
August 31st, 2010, 01:35 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
yes breastfeeding is fine...i breastfeed all of my children...but i wouldn't go as far to say its BEST....cause it is not best for EVERYONE...everyone is different...everyone needs to do what THEY feel is best without feeling pressure from anyone or anyone making them feel horrible about their decisions....

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

September 16th, 2010, 05:42 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
just watched The Back-Up Plan the other day-- because my now 4-year-old ordered it ondemand while i wasn't looking (twice! once at a guest's home :-O)... was a little dismayed to see the lady nursing the 3-year-old used as a sort of gross-out/comedy bit. i'm not that oversensitive toward it, but i just KNOW that many, MANY an american will watch that part with disgust.
that said, my middle child self-weaned at 41 months, while i was expecting her little brother-- she told me that she was done, because she was a big girl, and that she wanted to save some milk for the baby. so precious. he's now going on 8 months, and we'll be breastfeeding for at least several more months, if not years.
glad to see an article promoting and defending this beautiful action.
September 16th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In many ways I would agree with the "breast is best" mantra. However... Western society is not the same as other world cultures, and we need to accept that. I would feel fine nursing my baby in the middle of a church service or large gathering (and not having to leave the room, missing things) but a lot of people would find that offensive. So I would leave, or pump and bottle feed.

I think the same applies to this. Whether or not a mother nurses a toddler, and is it okay to do so, I do not think is the right question. Our society is quite well educated on that front! Most women currently of mothering generation would answer that yes, breast is best IF circumstances and health etc allow. BUT I can fully appreciate that a lot of people are very uncomfortable with seeing a mother nurse a baby of any age in public. And a child that speaks back? Yes, for a lot of people it really is weird!

We need to be gracious in our handling nursing issues. There is no way others will want to listen to our ideas, nor stick around to see them work, if we muscle our motherhood rights as being more important than others' discomfort. Nor is it supportive to other mothers to present ourselves by implication as "more loving" to our children because we nurse longer. Plenty of mothers simply do not have the health, the lifestyle, the amplitude of milk, or even the desire to share their bodies for such a prolonged time, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!
November 18th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Breastfeeding is very important I think. It has always been like that and we must find the time to do so even if it is hard.
kattath198 likes this.
December 7th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I love this article!! I was the first in my family (other than my grandmother) to breastfeed, and it did NOT go over well at first! It's so hard in America because there are so many people that either just don't know about the benefits of breastfeeding, or feel "weirded" out about it. It's sad how America has made breasts nothing more than sexual objects, they are however...more than just hood ornaments!!!
December 8th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTurtle View Post
In many ways I would agree with the "breast is best" mantra. However... Western society is not the same as other world cultures, and we need to accept that. I would feel fine nursing my baby in the middle of a church service or large gathering (and not having to leave the room, missing things) but a lot of people would find that offensive. So I would leave, or pump and bottle feed.

I think the same applies to this. Whether or not a mother nurses a toddler, and is it okay to do so, I do not think is the right question. Our society is quite well educated on that front! Most women currently of mothering generation would answer that yes, breast is best IF circumstances and health etc allow. BUT I can fully appreciate that a lot of people are very uncomfortable with seeing a mother nurse a baby of any age in public. And a child that speaks back? Yes, for a lot of people it really is weird!

We need to be gracious in our handling nursing issues. There is no way others will want to listen to our ideas, nor stick around to see them work, if we muscle our motherhood rights as being more important than others' discomfort. Nor is it supportive to other mothers to present ourselves by implication as "more loving" to our children because we nurse longer. Plenty of mothers simply do not have the health, the lifestyle, the amplitude of milk, or even the desire to share their bodies for such a prolonged time, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!
Totally agreed! We can't force things, i guess that in time the society will change it's attitude towards it, but it can't be rushed.

As for BFing with people around - i usually simply stand in the corner, facing the wall. If someone doesn't like it, he don't have to watch it. Simple as that.
December 29th, 2010, 06:36 PM
It is reading articles, like this one, that keep me strong against critics (family members and friends) that say my child won't become independent unless I start weening her off soon. I say one year strong and still going!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search