Can You Have a Positive Ovulation Test Result and not Ovulate?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2009, 01:36 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ovulation tests are very helpful for predicting when you will ovulate.  Ovulation tests work by detecting a hormone called LH (Luteinizing Hormone) in your urine.  Just before you ovulate your pituitary gland releases a surge of LH.  OPKs (ovulation prediction kits) are designed to give you a positive result when this LH surge occurs.
Read more
June 23rd, 2009, 01:36 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

There are many women who 'believe' their opks like it's scientific fact - 'I have a postive test so I AM ovulating'. As this article outlines, no so! They'll bd for the next couple of days only and then become confused 20 days later when af is still a no show but no bfp either... Whoops, it seems you didn't O with your first positive opk and missed the second surge.

I think it's important to read your opks hand in hand with your natural signs of fertility (such as cm) and if you're NOT charting your basal body temperature (bbt) then you should continue bd'ing until your natural body signs tell you you're not fertile. Of course, it's best to chart your bbt in conjuntion with opks so that you can be given the heads up of O approaching by the opk and have it confirmed by your temps... then you can lay off the bd'ing and not worry about missing your egg. Or, y'know, actually bd just for fun in your luteal phase
June 23rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
dapgal's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very good information about how to read OPK's as positive or negative.
September 12th, 2011, 01:45 AM
what is the best way to calculate our ovulation day...since my menstrual is a bit varies from month to month...in June, my first day of period is 26th, then in July is 25th, then in August is 20th....so how should i count my ovulation? please advise...
December 30th, 2011, 12:41 AM
I've been using HOME CHECK OVULATION TEST KIT for a long time and I still get butterflies when that little smiley shows his face. I got one from the internet by searching on Google HOME CHECK OVULATION KIT it was great!
June 16th, 2013, 10:10 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE METHOD</a></strong> to get pregnant quickly and naturally!
July 26th, 2013, 01:46 AM
my cycle is regular for 32 day but last month it is irregular .actually 1 july is the first day of the period but it comes at 17 july .now tell me which day is my ovulation day and which day is best for intercourse to conceive
July 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Hey! I got my answer.
August 30th, 2013, 08:33 AM
hi, I have gotten the but only one line and it tells you that when you have a steady that your suppose to ovulate. But I don't see no second line at all. I took the clearblue opk but nothing and now I am on my second month to see what happens because last month I didn't conceive. I AM SO LOST! can someone tell me if they are going through the same thing

really wish it would just show me the 2 lines and not just a that's not telling me anything without that second line.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search