Using an Ovulation Prediction Kit

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
dapgal's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Ovulation prediction kits are a very popular method of detecting ovulation. One of the benefits of using an OPK (ovulation prediction kit) is that you can predict ovulation before it occurs. With basal body temperature charting you can not tell that you have ovulated until after it happens.
Read more
June 23rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
Testing more than once a day is the best advice I can give too. I use the Answer brand because it is the best value I have found in the stores and you get 20 sticks so you have enough to test twice a day for 2 cycles. I start testing as soon as I get more fertile cervical mucous.
October 6th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Does anyone know if breastfeeding will affect the level of LH surge making an OPK look positive when it's not?
March 19th, 2010, 11:22 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
How many days before your expected o day should you start testing?

March 20th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
POAS ~ OPK FAQ

This site can answer all your OPK's questions!

When you start testing depends on your Cycle.....

If you have a 28 day cycle... start testing on day CD11, 29 day cycle CD12, 30 day cycle CD13... and so on..... if you have a 27 day cycle start testing on CD10.... exc..

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
March 20th, 2010, 07:03 PM
what if both lines are the same color?.
October 19th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Does anyone know where i can buy a OPK?
May 4th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Go to rite aid ok
August 24th, 2012, 04:08 AM
How many days should your LH levels stay high? I am on my 5th day.Usually after about 2nd day it starts to lower.
August 24th, 2012, 12:29 PM
How many days is your LH surge high usually? I am on day 5.
September 4th, 2012, 11:55 PM
no you don't need protection kit at all
September 11th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Hi guys, please help. Im usually a 29 day cycle but I think Im ovulating today. My period D1 was 30th aug 2012 so I shouldn't ovulate until fri 14th sep 2012. However I did an OPK last night and no ovulation, I did another test this morn and have 2 lines of the same colour. So I have done another this afternoon and its a faint line again. Is this ovulation or just more concentrated (morning wee). Thanks for the advice.
September 18th, 2012, 12:30 PM
It could be concentrated urine but depending on the brand you use they may or may not want that. When I used the answer brand, it would be darker in the morning test and lighter in the afternoon. You should also see other signs from your body like stretchy and clear cervical fluid. Good luck.
December 12th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I got a + after taking an ovulation test at 1:00 this afternoon, and Im just wondering how long after getting a positive should I be having sex? I have read and saw just because you get the + doesnt mean you have ovulated but are about to, so should I have sex for the next 3 to 4 days, once a day? All of this is just confusing and overwhelming as to how long after and how many days I need to have sex?? Help :/
March 5th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Im currently doing both, and must say it's a help... Im on cd20 and had a +opk on day cd18. Although I only get + in the evening, I read its kinda common for this to happen. I have BD every day for the past 2 weeks. on the down side I have not have the E discharge, which I did las month when I have not tracking it. and based on my temperature I had a low on CD18 when I had that + opk but no sharp rise after that.. I had a rise but nothing major...

I'm still waiting...
People say . Just dont think about it.. but how can you not if you have no keep charting everything.
Wish me luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search