Pregnant and Depressed

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Quote:
For many new women, trying to and finding out they are going to be a new mother is one of the best feelings in their life. Every moment of pregnancy brings overwhelming feelings of joy and anticipation of the new arrival. Getting pregnant and giving birth is truly a miracle. What happens when things don’t work out this way?
Read more
July 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I fell into a terrible depression during my pregnancy. People don't know what to do/say/think, and often end up saying things that make it worse and getting upset with you for not meeting their expectations of your pregnancy. I think that talking to a professional, someone who is not too close to the situation, is best. Also, get your hormone levels checked- all of them- pregnancy can trigger all kinds of issues.
August 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
I still feel very depressed I feel like no one is there for me not even my family members, and this is my first child I also feel like I am not ready metally and financially, this wasnt planned and I don't believe in Abortions so this is really a tuff time for me.
August 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Although mine is infrequent, I understand and sympathize with the depression during pregnancy that you are feeling. Sometimes there are reasons that seem to trigger the depression- like financial stress, fears or loneliness- and other times it seems like there is no reason at all. All I can say is hang tough- you will be ready for this baby and you will be the mom she/he needs. Worrying about money is normal, but financial help is available for moms and is a temporary issue. (I'm sure you've discovered a plan of your own already, but just in case: Programs like WIC, Medicaid, Headstart, and Welfare are designed to help. I live in New York so I use WIC, it helps with groceries, and receive free medical coverage from Medicaid.) The thing to focus on is the amazing love that you and your baby will share, and are already beginning to share. You'll begin to notice your heart growing for this child and caring for it like you care for no other being on this earth. This love will guide you to do the right things. The rest will fall into place. I promise. My heart is with you.
May 21st, 2011, 05:13 PM
This is my first pregnancy and i feel like a horrible person.... Im not liking pregnancy,im miserable have anxiety attacs and just want the paby to be born already! Im barely starting my second trimester morning sickness is gone but every now and then my body/baby is like
!yuck! And there I run to the bathroom. Love the enhancements on my boobs and but, my belly is showing but it irritates me that I feel akward
I must sound like a monster what can I do to feel happy about pregnancy??
July 10th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I would like to think that I am a very calm Pregnant woman. I don't nag, or moan alot...but lately i been feeling very unhappy...even questioning if me having this baby is the right thing to do....Iwhen this occurs i talk it out and feel better....but over all i've never experienced these intense emotions before....of sadness i mean.
July 8th, 2012, 04:00 AM
mummy9
am feeling very sad at the moment am 23 weekspregnant and have had bad and scary thoughts about being a mum and my bubs and feel like a terrible person cry alot
June 16th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE GUIDE</a></strong> as the BEST pregnancy/women's health resource!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search