Charting your BBT (Basal Body Temperature)

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Basal body temperature is the temperature of your body at rest.
Read more
July 20th, 2009, 12:59 AM
i want to know when i fertile, i was my last mentruation last july 17 and when i will fertile...how much days that i counting for fertitily..hope you hepl me the tips for pregnancy...

Greetings,
Marilou
July 23rd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Hi Edwinmalou,

If you experience a regular 28 day cycle, you can count the first day of your last period (July 17th) as the first day. You would expect to ovulate on the 14th day i.e. on July 30. However, to increase your chance of pregnancy, it would be advisable to 'baby dance' from the 10th day to the 16th day of your cycle i.e. from July 26 to August 1. A healthy sperm would survive in a acommodating vaginal environment from 2 to 5 days. So, it is not necessary to baby dance daily during those days, alternate days works fine. But daily practice would also work as long as there's enough time for the sperm to build-up. If your cycle is slightly more than 28 days count those additional days from the 14th day to calculate your the approximate ovulation date. Charting the basal body temperature and cervical mucus texture alongside may be helpful. Hope this helps. Good luck!
February 19th, 2010, 07:16 AM
What do I count as my 1st day of my period? Is it the light spotting or the 1st day of bright red blood? I am charting for the 1st time & it's so confusing. I ovulated on roughly Feb. 9th. My coverline is 97.6 & I have been there & higher for my (as of today) 10 DPO. Yesterday a.m. it was 98.2, but today it was 97.7 - still higher than my coverline. Is this ok? Again...so confusing.
February 19th, 2010, 08:21 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
I wish I'd found this when I started charting! This article makes it seem much simpler than other things I read at the time.
June 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Where can I find a chart?
June 25th, 2010, 05:00 AM
I would highly recommend a fabulous website that does all the hard charting for you, and estimates your ovulation date is www.fertilityfriend.com
July 13th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I found a site that you can log on every day and just do it there. I also write it down so I have it in 2 places. Its www.babymed.com it has alot of great information. Good luck girls
October 25th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Hello everyone! I am new here and need help! I have been charting my temp yet do not understand my chart, would someone help? I took Provera and clomid during this cycle...I am not even sure if I ovulated?! Please check out my chart and let me know what you think http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/30e63a
October 13th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I have a query plzzzz respond to this one...
My age is 20 years and i was detected with PCOS when I was 19.
I am very much concerned if I am ever going to concieve or not
but my periods are very much regular and normal.will a BBT chart help me know whether I am actually ovulating or not?
October 13th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I have a query plzzzz respond to this one...
My age is 20 years and i was detected with PCOS when I was 19.
I am very much concerned if I am ever going to concieve or not
but my periods are very much regular and normal.will a BBT chart help me know whether I am actually ovulating or not?
October 19th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE GUIDE</a></strong> for information on charting your BBT!
November 29th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE GUIDE</a></strong> for information on charting your basal body temperature!
April 29th, 2014, 10:45 AM
bazil323's Avatar Regular
Hi, I just wanted to share this. I recently found out about this device that is coming this fall if they can get enough people to donate, at least that's my understanding of the campaign. I really think this will make temping a lot easier, so please tell people about it and share on your social media to help spread the word. Donate if you can, even a dollar will help make their goal so that they can launch this product. (From the website: Although this is a flexible funding campaign. If we will not reach our goal, WE WILL REFUND anyone who has ordered a Temp-drop device and will want his/her money back.*This campaign is not for making money, it's for making a change. (M.V)) The campaign ends on May 2, 2014, so please share on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, forums, etc. Tell as many people as you can about it please!
It's called TempDrop, and it can be worn on a special armband or stuck directly on your skin, and it measures your temp through the night, ambient temperature, and how much you toss and turn, and then it sends your bbt to your mobile device automatically. They are working with several app companies to make their apps compatible, and several already are like Kindara, My Days, and OvuView. Fertility Friend has not responded to their inquiries yet, so please contact Fertility Friend if you like that app and want them on board too!
They have been featured on several websites like TechCrunch http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/11/tempdrop-is-a-wearable-body-temperature-sensor-for-fertility-tracking/, NCR http://www.ncregister.com/blog/sarah-reinhard/goodbye-thermometer-hello-tempdrop#When:2014-04-17, Mobi Health News, HKSilicon.com, HealthTech News, and more.
As I understand it, if they don't make the $100,000 goal (as of today have just over $15,000), then they can't produce it. You can get your money back if they don’t make their goal and you had donated to get the device if you want. You can choose from different levels, even down to $1, but at the $50 level you will get the device in October, and at the $70 level you get the device plus an armband to hold it instead of the sticky pads. (Update: I see they are now holding an end-of campaign special where you can get the $50 device and then also do another $10 donation to get the armband). I'm really excited about it, and I hope to be able to use it for prevention until we are ready for our second, at which time I will use it to target fertile days. I think it would help a lot of us chart without so much stress and be more successful, whether looking to prevent or achieve conception.

Please check out the website below for information and pass this along to anyone who might be interested so they can make it available to everyone!*https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fert ... r-everyone

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search