Helping a Friend Through a Miscarriage

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Quote:
When you have a friend that has had a miscarriage there is a lot you can do to help her. Many times we are afraid to say anything because we don’t want to say the wrong thing but not saying anything at all can be just as bad. So what should you say and what shouldn’t you say. I have had three miscarriages myself and have heard a lot of things that were just not the ri
Read more
July 22nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Having recently had a miscarriage I agree with this. It has been a month now, and I am finding that I am having a harder time this week than I was last week as I am having my period for the first time after the miscarriage. The pain of it comes and goes.
December 30th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I disagreed with some of this. I found myself telling others some of the things on the "don't do" list and I was the one that had the miscarriages. I had 2 in a row. I think the best advice is to remember weeks and months later that they are still healing. I had my first miscarriage back in February. Around Thanksgiving and Christmas, I felt the same loss as I thought that I would have been celebrating the baby's first holidays. I'm not sure the pain will go away until I have another baby, but I'm trying to keep my faith in God that he will bring me a great gift when the time is right.
August 22nd, 2010, 10:13 AM
I have had a miscarriage. It bin a year. wind i had my miscarriage i had a DNC for it my sis gave up her first pregnancy by having an abortion. The day after my miscarriage she was having a b-day party for her kid and my mom tolled her she was not got to the party cus she need to be with me and my sis say that she had the same DNC wind she had her abortion that did not help me I dint take to her for 3 month after still not happy with her but put up with her for my mom. i was 16 week wind i fond out that my baby's heart was not betting it stop at 14 weeks.
December 17th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I had a miscarriage 3 years ago & it still hurts every day. I am only 22 years old and have not been able to get pregnant again. It's hard and you feel like no one understands, I can't talk to my husband about it and I don't like talking to friends or family because I feel like I'm bothering them with my problems and they've already heard about how I feel. Alot of my friends and family are having babies, it's hard to be happy for them. They say my time will come...I'm still sitting here waiting.
June 3rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
I had a miscarriage April 13th 2011 and a D&C April 17th 2011. Before my miscarriage I had two good pregnancies and have two wonderful boys. I fighting my ex for full custody and had to travel to a different state while my husband stayed home at worked. Naturally I felt so alone going through these horrible events. I'm going on 2 months and i'm still hurting. I was 10 weeks pregnant. My husband and I have made plans to try again but at times he is so indecisive. I feel like i'm trying to fill a void instead of coping with it. I try to act as if i'm fine but it hurts to see all these babies. Everyone I know family or friends either just had a baby or are pregnant. My 16 year old sister just found out she is pregnant and i'm not sure if i'm upset with her or just jealous. I know i'm not coping well because I get so angry at my husband, I feel like he doesn't understand how much it hurts or what i'm going through. He tells me he wants another baby yet when that time comes he's tired and says we have years to try again. I don't feel that way. I am so blessed and thank God every night that he has blessed me with my children yet I still feel selfish asking him to give me another child. I don't understand what it is i'm going through and talking to my family and friends does not help.
June 16th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE METHOD</a></strong> to get pregnant fast and naturally!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search