C-Sections: The Not So Easy Way Out

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Quote:
By Nancy Da Silva
Read more
July 29th, 2009, 07:29 PM
It's not as easy as I thought.
July 30th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great article! It would be nice if we could all appreciate each other for going through 9 months of pregnancy & then giving birth successfully regardless of the method. When I tell people I had a c/s & I get "that" look, I then have to explain that I went through 22 hours of labor, through pitocin & through pushing for 2 hours only to end in a c/s. And thank God I went that route rather than to keep putting me or my baby through that...I had a fever & my daughter was stuck with the cord around her neck! Sometimes it's not your first choice, but it's what needs to be done. And the recovery was & still is an absolute ####!
May 7th, 2010, 11:18 PM
JA7887's Avatar Veteran
Out of my own experience, my first son was emergency c-section, the recovery was very fast for me I was up and walking the same night (preformed 3pm, walking 9pm) I was in the hospital longer because I was clampsia, very high blood pressure. But over all not to much pain, breastfeeding was the hardest and most painful thing or me with that pregnancy, being my first pregnancy and my first let down. I'm already a large E cup and the let down and engorgement was horrible.

My second pregnancy, that was a whole another ball game. Planed c-section, nothing but pain, They couldn't feed me pain pills fast enough, and I couldn't walk on my own till the next day and needed help standing and sitting for about two weeks after. The doctor who delivered both my boys told me after that every c-section gets worse with the pain and recovery. I'd love to have a natural vaginal birth but no doctor will deliver vaginal after c-section. It's ridiculous. But he is a great doctor and I wouldn't trade him, I hope he delivers my 3rd. (four doctors in there practice, it's who ever is on call)
June 7th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I feel this article is a little bias actualy. It only really covers the possible bad aspects of a c-section. I will say that I had our first son vaginaly by being induced. For me it was the worst experiance possible,the nurse was very pushy and had me pushing for almost 3 hours before my son was out. This caused some major damage to my body that I still suffer from pain everyday and my son is almost 2 1/2 years old. I have a terrible fissur that can only be fixed by surgery...however the side effects from the surgery may be worse then the problem. So I haven't had the surgery. I feel that I am and was not able to always be the mother I wanted to be because of the pain. In the begining the pain was beyond anything I could imagine and was crippling. It is getting better and I can tolerate and cope much better as time goes on. But to say that what I went and am going through has made me more of a mother over a woman who had a c-section is nonsense. I am having a planned c-section with our second baby. I know it won't be easier on some aspects but it has to better then a sever fisser thats hurts daily for 2 1/2 years
June 7th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I definitely believe some c-sections are needed. What confuses me are the women that want them "just because." I know a lady that was told by the doctor he would let her have a vback, he encouraged it, but she chose cesarean section because she didn't want any discomfort during delivery. A few hours of pain and an epidural beat out being bed ridden for 2+ weeks as she was any day.
September 15th, 2012, 04:25 AM
I do believe that it's a personal choice and that one should not be judged with whichever choice made. I had my first naturally and is going to have my second via c-section for various reasons... I do not believe that it's easier to have a c-section and realise that the recovery time takes a lot longer. I do believe however, that each experience respectively is different for each person with each pregnancy.
September 19th, 2012, 05:06 AM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
My c-section was easy. I was walking around just fine hours after the procedure. It seemed like the moms who had vaginal births were way more miserable than me. I don't regret my decision to get a c-section, mine was necessary, my child was dying. But, from now on, I will only have c-sections. The quick recovery, the no tearing or stitching down there, the easy scheduling and not waiting for labor and minorly- my child not having a cone head, are all things that I think are great. This article is biased and I really don't appreciate it.
January 10th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I have had two c-sections with both my boys who are 3 & 4 now. The first was necessary, my water broke, so I was induced and was in labor for 16 hours but was only 5 cm and was not going any further. I would have to say my first c-section experience was horrible. With my second it was scheduled but several weeks before I started having liver problems and they decided to take him early after a week in the hospital. That second experience was better than my first but it still took me several weeks to recover. It just all depends on the situation and the person

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search