Spotting During Early Pregnancy

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2009, 04:22 PM
Quote:
First Trimester Spotting
Read more
August 1st, 2009, 04:22 PM
This is my first pregnancy... And I had bad cramps last night so my boyfriend took me to the hospital, come to find out I had a sist to burst. They asked me how far along I was and I told them 6 weeks. That is what the health department guessed. They did a ultrasound and found nothing in my uterus, I was alarmed. So they did my HCG levels and it was 590? Therefore, they are asking me to retest on Monday, they say it should double? Is that level a bad level?
August 1st, 2009, 08:17 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingxy02 View Post
This is my first pregnancy... And I had bad cramps last night so my boyfriend took me to the hospital, come to find out I had a sist to burst. They asked me how far along I was and I told them 6 weeks. That is what the health department guessed. They did a ultrasound and found nothing in my uterus, I was alarmed. So they did my HCG levels and it was 590? Therefore, they are asking me to retest on Monday, they say it should double? Is that level a bad level?
That is kind of low for six weeks and they should have seen something on an ultrasound at six weeks but it is very possible that you are not as far along as you think you are. With your levels only being at 590 they wouldn't really be able to see anything on ultrasound yet. When your levels get to 1000 they should be able to see more. When you get your second draw you will know more. If it goes up then it probably just means that you are a little off on your due date. You may have ovulated a little late in your cycle. 590 is not a bad hCG level so I think that you probably are just not quite as far along as you think.
aasrra likes this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 9th, 2009, 09:08 PM
This is da first time im pregnat im about 5 or 6 weeks. But yesterday satrted bleeding it started getting hevier and heavier then i noticed two blood clogs...but they were tick...I dont know if i had a miscarriage...please somebody tell me something!!

Last edited by Helpless; November 9th, 2009 at 09:10 PM.
November 17th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpless View Post
This is da first time im pregnat im about 5 or 6 weeks. But yesterday satrted bleeding it started getting hevier and heavier then i noticed two blood clogs...but they were tick...I dont know if i had a miscarriage...please somebody tell me something!!
I've never had a miscarriage but from what I've read & what people have told me, you would have cramped & hurt quite a bit. My mother even described it as labor pains, since that's actually what it is.. Either way, if you're far enough to know you're pregnant, I'm sure you'd definitely know it if you've miscarried & it doesn't just happen in a matter of a minute, it's a process your body is going through. I suggest seeing a doctor.
November 20th, 2009, 01:51 PM
you need to see a doctor and tell he/she about your bleeding! That could be dangerous for both baby and you... or it may be nothing at all, but better safe than sorry!
May 26th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I think I am about 4 weeks almost five and the pass two weeks I was spotting and now when I wipe there is blood but it's not all the time. It may have happened 3 times over a two day period. I go to the doctor on June 2nd and I will def tell the doctor but I have no stomach pains like a miscarriage just the bleeding and it's relly light...not a heavy flow at all. I have always been irregular on my periods anyone and spotted a few ttimes in between periods but the doctor always said it was normal and that she didn't see anything in my check up that was alarming. I was also told that it could be the cervix expanding...I don't know., I don't want to worry but I am scared....This is my first baby and my sister just went through a miscarriage at 10 weeks. A miscarriage will destory me.
June 25th, 2010, 07:55 AM
i am about 5 weeks and i had sex this morning and i started to have some light spotting is there something wrong ?? this is my first baby and im kinda new at this ..
October 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I believe i am about 4-5 weeks pregnant..i have not been to the doctor yet, but i have a doctors appointment on friday. I took 2 ept pregnancy tests on saturday night and they came out positive, and i took the last one the morning after and it said positive. Now, its 4 days after and i am cramping a little bit and spotting everytime i use the restroom. sometimes its red, and sometimes its brown. i see little red blood clots, also. my cousin went through a miscarriage like 12 weeks into the pregnancy and i am scared im going to go through the same thing.

can some tell me if its normal?
November 14th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I am not a doctor and I don't mean to upset you but it is most likely that you have miscarried. I have had one child and two miscarriage and that is what it sounds like has happened. But the only way to know for sure is too go to the er or call your doctor to have you HcG levels tested. I wish you the best of luck and if you need someone to talk to I am here.
November 18th, 2010, 06:54 AM
I am 7 weeks pregnant, I have had 2 miscarriages and 1 ectopic pregnancy, now I am spotting lightly, I am scared and do not want to lose this one. I am very nervous first of all, because my last one was ectopic, but this one is for sure in my uterus. Next concern is miscarriage, I try not to think about negative stuff like this, but it's hard, I just want everything to go smooth for me.. Scared..
November 29th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I am a mother of 3 boys and i have been under alot of stress lately i am sexually active and we havent been using contraceptives since my last period and this morning i noticed that i was spotting a bit it isnt much but its noticeable. I've never had a miscarriage before so i dnt kno wat to expect. I'm having light cramps which feels like period cramps but my cycle jus finished about 2 weeks ago. I'm scared wat should I do, wat do u think is happening??
February 7th, 2011, 06:57 PM
So here's my situation: The first day of my last period was Dec. 18, 2010, and it lasted through the 22nd. On Jan. 21 after suspecting that I was pregnant (my husband and I have been trying since October 2010), we took three urine tests, all of which were so faint with their lines that I insisted upon visiting our base health clinic (we're military) to take a blood test to be sure. A pregnancy was confirmed and we were ecstatic.
Fast forward a week to Jan. 27: I start spotting. For the first few days it was only noticeable after having used the restroom and wiping. Nevertheless, I contacted my physician immediately who ordered me in for blood work to check my hCG levels. We've been tracking said levels every two days since then. The levels thus far (every two days, mind you) have been 87, 109, 285, 640 and 1039, with results from today's test pending for tomorrow.
The issue worsened this past Thursday (Feb. 3, 2011) when I started to notice dull cramping on the right side of my lower abdomen, and upon using the restroom I noticed a bright red and more-than-normal amount of blood on the toilet paper. We rushed to the ER, where a battery of tests were performed: hCG levels, transvaginal ultrasound and pelvic exam. That day was when the levels were 640, and the pelvic exam revealed that my cervix was still closed and that the blood the doctor saw was "old." However, the ultrasound revealed NOTHING as nothing could be seen, intrauterine or tubular. They said it was likely that I was just too early in the pregnancy to tell, though they still discharged me with papers reading "threatened miscarriage." Two days later (Saturday, Feb. 5) I rushed back to the ER for sharp pains in the center of my lower abdomen and, again, bright red blood on one wipe in the bathroom. All of the same tests were performed, with the only difference in all three being that my levels went up again to 1039. That night after having gone home, I passed a blood clot about an inch long, very skinny, with a dark red color and a grape jelly-like consistency. I took it to my physician today when getting my blood test and they literally threw it out, disregarding it as it was "not a product of conception and was just a blood clot." I've been on pelvic rest this whole time but still continue to spot brown/light pink, which has now lasted for 12 days. Has anyone had a similar situation or does anyone have any insight as to what might be going on? I've read TONS and TONS of message boards and informational articles, but nothing seems to ease my worries.
March 6th, 2011, 10:59 PM
My husband and I have also been trying since October 2010. I am 5 wks and going through the same thing. I have also been reading lots of threads about spotting and bleeding during the 1st trimester. Please look up subchorionic hematoma. I don't know if you have had an ultrasound but it will show wether u have a blood clot on ur uterus causing the bleeding. That is what I have been diagnosed with. I hope you find it helpful.
March 11th, 2011, 06:07 AM
My boyfriend i have been tryin for two years now and missed my period in feb and in the next momth which is march i was see a slight amount of blood andi am becaise i really want get pregnant i had vomiting i am confused please help us
March 11th, 2011, 06:07 AM
My boyfriend i have been tryin for two years now and missed my period in feb and in the next momth which is march i was see a slight amount of blood andi am becaise i really want get pregnant i had vomiting i am confused please help us
March 19th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Hi everyone i am new to notice boards so i hope this goes ok....
I had my last period 1 st feb so i shud be roughly 6 weeks 4 days or so...

in 2007 i had a bad miscarriage and although i have 2 beautiful girls decided i was ready to try again!! all has been ok except for when me and my partner had intercourse 2 days ago!! we was nt rough or ne thing but now when i go toilet i am wiping mucous with bits of blood in!! now i am petrified something wrong!! i have an early scan on tuesday but am gonnna be so worried now all over the weekend... am i gonna be ok?? hope all is going welll for you guys x
March 20th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Update: i have now started bleeding quite heavy with clots but not any pain as such just gentle cramping ahhhhhh
March 26th, 2011, 09:58 PM
OK so me and my husband who just got married yesterday just found out I'm pregnant and I'm about 6 weeks. My hcg level was 24,300. I went to the restroom and wiped and a orangey lite pinkish discharge was on my toilet paper. I'm just curious if that's normal. Now I have pcos Polly cystic ovary syndrome so this is my miracle. I've miscarried before and just want to know That this time this is normal and That my hcg level is normal.
July 11th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I am 9 weeks pregnant, and just had sex with my husband for the first time in a couple weeks. Anyways, afterwards, I went to the bathroom to pee and I had some light pink blood when I wiped. Kind of scary, but im sure I dont need to rush to the doctor. I already have an appointment this Thursday (its Mon now). Has this happened to anyone else?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search