Negative Blood Test: Could I Still Be Pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Blood tests, just like urine tests, work by detecting HCG levels. Blood tests are much more precise and can tell you the exact number of HCG mIU/ml in the blood. Even with the most sensitive blood test, it is still possible to be pregnant with a negative test.
Read more
August 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
I have been looking for this information!! Thanks for posting this article. Now... it's the waiting game for my second--and hopefully positive--blood test.

Thanks for the great information!
January 18th, 2011, 11:28 PM
i had implantation bleeding for 4 days, it was light brownish spotts along with white discharge, i tested urine after 10 days ,it was negative,,
then i again tested after 2 days it was negative, thn v went 4 a blood test after a week it came to be negative again.but still am on ma missed period..
i hav very irregular cycles. my clycle goes like this:28th, 15th, 30th, still w8ing n its 17th...
can anyone help me out...am getting mad...plssss....

January 22nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Thank you so much for the article. I am officially 12 days late today. I went for a blood test on Saturday morning, (and a couple of hpt's in the week). I did have some of the symptoms such as quesiness for about 4 days. Does anyone have some insights for me? Should I wait this week out and go and see a doctor? Or should I go as soon as possible? I am getting a little anxious now.

Thanking you all in advance.
February 17th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I had a blood pregnancy test done. It was negative. Is it possible that I still could be pregnant???
February 22nd, 2012, 11:23 PM
Go in if you feel the need to get an ultrasound. Sometimes, if you are just a couple weeks pregnant, the hcg levels are so low that it wont be picked up by a blood test. I had positive urine tests (very light lines) and a negative blood test with my first. Turns out I was only four weeks along.
May 26th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Hi ladies

If anyone has had my symptoms or knows anything about what I am about to tell u all can you please get in touch...

I am now 30 days late! I had spotting of a pinkish/ brown colour a week ago that lasted about 2 days but there def east enough for it to be a period. I am experiencing lower right back pain. I have taken 2 hpt both were negative I only took them a few days ago. I have been under a bit of stress but I would have thought I would have taken my period by now.

Could I be pregnant even though I had a negative test at 25 days late I would assume at that stage it would pick up the hormone level ???
June 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
Hello, I was wondering if you could help me.

My boyfriend and I started having unprotected sex May 8th. The very next morning I woke and my uterus was a bit sensitive to pressure, but that quickly went away. I figured it was just a result of his semen being shot inside of me - I remember something similar happening years ago. However, a few days passed where we were having sex every day and the pressure kept returning, more importantly, it would return almost immediately after sex. It would last for a little while, typically no longer than half an hour, but mostly only ten minutes or so, then I would be fine. Along with the pressure, came some mild cramping. A friend of mine suggested maybe we were having too rough of sex, but that was not the case at all. I thought it odd, but didn't put much thought into it. After about a week, the pressure and cramps after sex stopped completely.

About ten days later I began to feel nauscious, mostly at night, and noticed my breasts were tender. I figured it was my period coming (though I wasn't due yet) and pushed it aside. When the nauscious stomach began to occur every day, and was accompanied with mild headaches, increased fatigue, and the tender breasts, I began to wonder if I could be pregnant and talked to a good friend of mine about it. She said with both her pregnancies she had the same thing happen (the cramping, pressure, etc) and said it could be I am in the implantation process of the pregnancy and then she congratulated me. This got me thinking and I went back to my calendar and counted the days ... I am NEVER late for my period. Every month is the same - one or two days of heavy bleeding accompanied with severe cramps and lower back pain. Then a normal flow and no pain for the remainder of the seven to eight days. Anyway, I counted, and low and behold, I was four days late. Out of curiosity, I bought a home pregnancy test and it came back a faint positive.

I called my dr and made an appointment for a blood test, but in waiting for the appointment, started what I think was my period. Unlike my typical period, this was painless and so light it was almost nonexistent. I just ended yesterday. I went in a few days later and did the blood test only to find out it was negative. The OB nurse called to schedule an appointment and when I told her I was mildly bleeding, she instantly threw aside pregnancy and said it was my period. I asked for a repeat blood test and did that this past Thursday - I haven't heard back yet, but I don't really expect to because that nurse was kind of rude and short with me. She even told me I could have been experiencing a miscarriage, but I thought those came with heavy bleeding and pain - both of which I do not have.

My question is ... I feel pregnant. Or at least, I think I do. I have never been pregnant before, but I am very in tune with my body, and I feel different. I have noticed my nascious stomach only really comes first thing in the morning, and at night - like well after dinner and when i am lying down in bed. I am VERY tired. No matter if I get 6 hours or 11 hours of sleep, I am still exhausted. Daily activity is harder because I feel drained. The mild headache is still there - and is more annoying than anything. I usually never get headaches, and when I do they are worse than this.

Is it possible I am pregnant and the blood test was done too soon? I know this kind of contradicts the above article, but I am just thinking something is not right here. Speaking to a friend who has children and my mother, they both think I am pregnant. I am so confused.
July 15th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone! I'm 42 years old and my periods are pretty regular. I am 5 days late for my period have taken 2 pregnancy tests both negative. Can anyone shed some light here because until I can get to see my doctor it's driving me and my husband crazy! Thank you so much
July 24th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Can someone help me out. I am 29 and I had the mirena in and was having pregnancy like symptoms.. My breasts are sore and look bigger I have been nauseous been tired a lot lately ..and am more hungry than ever recently with weird cravings .. I took 2 hpts and both were negative .. I thought they may be wrong so I had a blood test done and that was also negative .. But I feel pregnant..my boyfriend doesn't think I am as he has been tested and was told he has a low sperm count.. I am very fertile as told by my dr as I have 2 girls already and got pregnant very quickly with them.. Could I possibly be pregnant also my mirena has fallen out and I am spotting and my boyfriend and I were also intimate after it fell out as well.. Someone please give me some advise ?
August 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I got a call back from my doctor and they said negative and I asked them the number and they said 5, I'm wondering could I still be pregnant?
August 23rd, 2012, 03:26 AM
Hi I think I could be but the tests came back negative. I had my period well started June 29 an need July 6 an my husband an I talked about starting to try but I was waiting tell after the 13th because I was having some test done. So we started but 2 days later I started my period again. From July 16 tell the 21st. So we started again an know I haven't started an took two test both negative but I've been feeling sick. Should I wait to see if I start next month or go see a doctor.
August 23rd, 2012, 04:48 AM
Hi I'm 34 an my periods aren't the same but I always have one every month. My husband an I just started last month for a baby an well I havent started yet. I've taken two test an both are negative. I some times feel nauseous an been having light craps off an on but that's it. Please some one help. Ive had 3 children an the first two were the same but number 3 I was sick from the time I was up tell I went to bed. If I am this one isn't like the first three.
June 16th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE METHOD</a></strong> to get pregnant fast and naturally!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search