Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hi I'm new and I've very scared and need some answers . So my cycle is a normal 29 days.. The last normal period I had was 10/10 I had stated getting the cramping feeling and just thought It was my period. The next month it was due 11/8 and that day was only spotting for a day.. I hade taken 3 pregnancy tests all negative. This month my period was due on the 12/7 and never came I had spotting for a day on 12/14 then took 1 more test negative. Went to plan parenthood the only did a urin test came out negative. I've been very quessy also throwing up. More tired than normals. Always hungry but really don't feel good enough cause I feel sick.. I have a full feeling that's not letting me eat.. Gained 4lbs nd I never gain weight no matter how hard I try.. I pee all the time it's the worst.. My partner says he sees changes in my body and people also ask if I'm pregnant so I'm lost and confused and as of last night I can't ever touch my boobs because they hurt so much and my boyfriend ain't suck a fan of that.. Can any1 help I feel like nobody understands what I'm going threw I'm starting to feel very fustrated nd confused
January 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM
so my last cycle was nov 6.and I have been very regular since getting off birth control but I havent had a period since nov,i have taken 6 pregnancy tests along with a blood test all showing negative butt I have all tthe symptoms od being pregnant...any advice
January 2nd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Hi my name is Monique and I've been going out of my mind these past 3 months, I haven't had my period since mid-october. I've actually gained weight since last month and my metabolism is threw the roof. I had pains in my abdomen early in December, but no period and no sign of it coming either. I noticed that JUST my nipples began to get sensitive and started to darken so I took 3 pregnancy tests and all have came back negative... Can I be pregnant if they've all came bak negative??
January 2nd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Hi my name is Monique and I've been going out of my mind these past 3 months, I haven't had my period since mid-october. I've actually gained weight since last month and my metabolism is threw the roof. I had pains in my abdomen early in December, but no period and no sign of it coming either. I noticed that JUST my nipples began to get sensitive and started to darken so I took 3 pregnancy tests and all have came back negative... Can I be pregnant if they've all came bak negative??
January 12th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Hi, i'm not sure Monique, i would say it's possible. My mum tested negative alway through one of her pregnancy, they even did a test when she went into labour at the hospital and still that came back negative. My partner and i have been TTC for over a year and it finally happened feb last year but unfortnately come the march i ended up having a miscarriage which devasted the both of us and family. We didn't give up and still trying as nothing as happened yet and my periods have always come every month since except now. I last had a period on the 27th Novemeber and nothing since, i have taken upto 10 hpt and all as come back negative so i'm abit confused, theres been no signs of me getting one neither, my periods have always been heavy and i suffer really bad period pains where i'm rolling around crying in pain but i'm not getting any pain or period. I am thinking that i should go to the doctors to check to see if there is anything wrong and have them to do a test, i really hope there is nothing wrong and that i am pregnant but after the last one i don't want to get my hopes up. Tbh i'm kinda not sure if i could be altho my mum reckons that i could still be pregnant, as i last had intercourse with my partner on the 15th november and then had a period on the 27th november even tho it was the same length as my periods it wasn't like any periods i have had before, i had no pain, nothing just the period so i am totally confused. I am going to make an appointment next week if i still not had a period.
January 13th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Hi all, just joined the group today.... And am ecstatic to know there others going through the same! My husband and I have been trying for about 6months. I am only two days late and am relived to know that home pregnancy test kits can be wrong! As I feel very pregnant! I think I will take another test first thing in the morning.... Its a nervewracking experience, the not knowing! Doing my best to just stay calm.
January 15th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Update tomy post. Today i'm on my 50 day cycle and still no signs of a period, taken 2 hpt this morning and both still negative. I am starting to think that there maybe something else wrong with but trying not to worry. Still gonna give it a few more days before going to the doctors, being petrified of needles don't help but i know i got to do something as it could be serious. On my first pregnancy i never did anything, no tests nothing, i just carried on as normal, didn't know i was pregnant till i was 7 and half months, she is now 14yrs old. My 2nd pregnancy which was last year, i hadn't had a period from just before christmas and found out i was pregnant in the feb by using a hpk but as i said ended up having a miscarriage in the march. My partner have been trying ever since but nothing til recently, i had my last period early, thats if it was a proper period as i had no pain and i have always suffered with pain. I am kinda worried though that maybe i will never have another period or get pregnant, that i could have already gone through the change, i know i'm not to young for that as it's in the family. My great aunt started her period when she was 20 but by the time she was 22 she had already gone through the change. Scary thoughts, no time for children. My fingers are crossed that it ain't anything like that for me but i am preparing myself for the worst. I will keep you updated as soon as i have come back from the doctors and let you know whats going on. Good luck to you all.
January 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM
My husband and I have been ttc since september 2011. Before that I had been on the pill for 6 1/2 years. I've had a few irragular cycles since September but I've averaged 29 days. I'm two days late & have a negative test :-( any words of encouragement. I do have a 9 year old and a 6 year old... With both of them test was positive the day before period.
January 25th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hi, just joined today...I am a week late but my periods are very regular and normal but the test says negative ive taken 3 home tests, anytime I have either missed a period or have been late It was because I was pregnant with my girls lol my husband and I arent really wanting anymore but would be blessed to have another. I made an apt. for monday to go to the obgyn. any ideas?
January 25th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Hi, i'm glad i'm not the only one going through this. The difference with me though is, i've had IVF with frozen embryos so i don't need to guess if conceprion have taken place etc. The problem is, i did a pregnancy test on 21/1/12 and a blood test same day and they both came as negative but since then my period has not come, only spotting when i we which lasted 2 days, my boobs are sore. I would say i feel pregnant but test show negative. You can imagine my frustration. All i want to know if i'm not pregnant, i can try and get over the dissapointment and move on, but i can't. Has anybody gone through that with IVF? please reply
January 31st, 2012, 09:06 AM
I just was to spread a little hope for you ladies. I was going through the same thing my period was due on 12/2/11 it never showed up and I didn't have any signs that it was coming. I took numerous HPT and they all said negative even 9 days after it was due my test was still negative I was heart broken. So I had an appointment with my OB yesterday and guess what I'm pregnant she said I'm 8 weeks and 4 days today!!! So don't always believe those test they can be wrong. Just have patience some people have low HCG levels that may not be detected on a HPT. Even with low HCG you can still have a normal pregnancy and a healthy baby.
February 1st, 2012, 07:27 PM
I was pregnant for the first time in September 2011 I took a hpt the day my period was due... My husband and I were so happy and excited about starting our family. Less than a week later I had a miscarriage we didn't even have time to tell our family's. We've been tring ever since. My period was due Sunday... 4 days ago, my breasts are super sore, and i've been super tired... I also feel pregnant but i don't know if its just my head playing tricks on me. I was soooo excited sunday and monday thinking that this month was the month. I've taken about 4 hpt and they've all come back negative. I've tried different brands and taking them at different times... And nothing changes :(. Everytime i take a test and it comes back negative my heart breaks. I have a dr appointment Monday but I'm soo scared to go because I don't want that horrible feeling of disappointment again. It's just so hard and frustrating to stay positive.
February 3rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
I looked at all these types of questions last month when I was convinced I was pregnant even though I had 5 negative tests (even at 2.5 weeks past when my period was due) I left it then until I thought I was over 8 weeks (when HcG levels peak) and BFP straight away! 12 weeks scan on tuesday! My first pregnancy showed up much earlier so I guess each baby different. Listen to your body - I am certainly glad that something stopped me drinking that large glass of wine each time I had a negative. Good luck!
February 4th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I just wanted to make something straight with home pregnancy tests for everyone since there seems to be some confusion. They ARE 99.9% accurate you CAN have a false negative but you can never have a false positive! So if you have a positive test then congratulations you're a mommy-to-be. However if you have had multiple negatives and it's been a couple of weeks and still no period it never hurts to call your doctor, gynecologist or midwife!
February 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbohnak View Post
I just wanted to make something straight with home pregnancy tests for everyone since there seems to be some confusion. They ARE 99.9% accurate you CAN have a false negative but you can never have a false positive! So if you have a positive test then congratulations you're a mommy-to-be. However if you have had multiple negatives and it's been a couple of weeks and still no period it never hurts to call your doctor, gynecologist or midwife!

There are actually false positives, but these are the cause of something called a "chemical pregnancy", and they aren't rare! They are actually very common and can cause a lot of confusion. For whatever reason after fertilization and implantation takes place, sometimes the body just naturally and without reason sheds the lining of the uterus, fertilized egg and all. One day you can test and get a positive, then a few days later test and get a negative and go to the doctor and find out that even thought you did have a positive test you are now indeed not pregnant. That is a false positive.
February 14th, 2012, 02:46 PM
My husband and I have been ttc for 5 months. This cycle we didn't actively try so I wasn't expecting to be pregnant, but my when I was late I started to wonder. My cycles are typically 34 day and I'm now on day 41. I just took my 3rd hpt and all three have been negative. I've had some pregnancy symptoms, but I don't know. I have been under some stress, but I've been under a lot more in the past and it hasn't affected my cycle. I'm not sure if I should wait...or call the doctor or what. I'm so disappointed...but still hopeful. I just really wish we could get a positive or just start my period so I can get on with my life and try again. Anyone have any advice they'd like to share?
February 23rd, 2012, 07:50 AM
I am currently 13 days late for my normal cycle. I did have some spotting a week after my period but it was. Dry light and only for a couple days. I took 2 hpt but both are negative. Ok this is weird but I've been feeling "off" and feel nauseous very easily. I know this is weird but I also get so lightheaded now when I'm just standin, and then it passes as fast as it came. I've never been pregnant, but was hoping for feedback. Everything is pretty normal but I just feel bloated/naseous and I'm very late. I just feel really "off" ... Do you think I could be pregnant?
February 24th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Hello, I have just joined. I am about 14 days late for my menstral cycle. I am usually regular. I have endometriosis & they said it would be very hard to get pregnant. I want a baby more than anything.. I took 2 hpt, and they both came back negative. Could I be pregnant? Please give me some advice, I have never had children before nor have I ever been pregnant hoping I am this time!!
February 25th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Hello, im new to this site.I was on depo provera for roughly a year and a half-two years.Whilst I was on it, i didn't have any periods so everything was fine and dandy,however i now want another baby-my daughter is nine,so big age gap, but we feel the time is right,but since coming off depo i've had a whole heap of side effects-dizzyness,fatigue,feeling sick and have only had two periods,i had my last depo shot in September 2010.missed the December shot, and didn't get a period till October 2011! and then my next one came in November-3 weeks and 3 days later ,so now 13 weeks later i'm still waiting for a period. However last friday night, on the same day as I got test results from a blood test to determine whats happening, I had what looked like an inplantation bleed-I had this with my daughter. It was definently nothing like a period,not even a light one and light periods are something i have never ever had. The blood wasn't red like ordinary menstrual blood and didn't even stain the pad i put on,it was that light,but most definently there,because its 8 days ago I tested with a clear blue digital and the result was not pregnant. I collected the sample in a cup and tested with the first sample of the day,so what is going on???. My blood test results didn't show up anything alarming that can explain this.The whole situation is driving me insane. I've had back ache and very sore breasts for days now and just feel off, i just don't know what to think and what to do. I'm having my blood checked again in three or four weeks time, as my thyroid was a little slow,but the doctor said that could have been because i've recently had a viral cold.Could I be pregnant and have tested too early?.
February 25th, 2012, 02:45 PM
hi i was meant to begin my period on Tuesday 21st Feb but not yet come on have done a 3 times but still negative result i have got saw and sensitive breasts and aches in my lower stomach, no spotting and feeling a bit more tiered then normal has any one got any advise would be great fully appreciated

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search