Period's late, but negative home pregnancy test: Could I be pregnant?

JustMommies Article Commentary

This forum contains links to threads containing comments from our Members about our articles. To read our articles, click on the topics in the pink top navigation bar above.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Article Commentary LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
okay so idk how much this will help any of you but ive had some interesting test results with my pregnancies. with my son i had a test come back wen i was only 3 and 1/2 weeks pg. which really shocked my dr. cus it was home tests not blood tests and i knew i was because i was cramping with a few traces of blood and i COULD NOT wear tight clothes without being in extreme pain. with my current pregnancy which i just found out (yay me) i was told at the doctor that i was not pg wen i was about 2 weeks late but a week later i did a home test because i just KNEW i was pg and it was positive. my doctor said that sometime ur blood just doesnt pick up the levels rite and it takes a while to be sure.
April 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Were you experiencing any white/clear cm? I was getting clear cm last week and now it's white not heavy, but the feeling is there enough to the point where I go check to see if I started my period. I'm also pretty sure I ovulated late thinking it was the 22 of march. When do you think I should test again. Sorry for all the questions first ttc. Congrats on you BFP btw
April 9th, 2012, 04:33 PM
im 6 days late with 3 neg preg tests...in had a little pink blood today , and now i trying to figure out when to test again. i have a ob appt the 18th,,,and id like to know before then...
April 10th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I am now 12 days late , with three negative hpt , I had some lower right cramping yesterday and today had more white cm? I'm trying to wait for two weeks to test again, did anyone have a similar situation and actually be pregnant?
April 11th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I have no clue what to think, my last period was on feb 11 it is now apr 11.I'm not taking any pills and i had unprotected sex a few times.the thing is i did three home test and they were all negative, i was just wondering if i could be pregnant. i honestly dont know what is happening i feel dizzy every now and again and my appetite is neither here or there sometimes i crave certain foods and another time i lose my appetite. there are also some times i feel nauseous, im trowing up the food i eat, and my lower back hurts like crazy, and my boyfriend keeps complaining that im moody. so with the negative test i dont know what to think
April 12th, 2012, 12:07 AM
@Garthee: try getting a blood test instead of the home pregnancy test. If you are really pregnant, the blood test will definitely see it.
April 12th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I am currently 17 days late.. My periods have been like clock work always on time but sometimes with in a 1 to 2 day difference here and there. My last period was on Feb. 23rd. My husband and I have been TTC for 14 months now. I've taken 3 hpt and all have been negative, took 1 when I was 7 days late, 1 at 11 days late, and then yesterday. I've been having symptoms since a few days before my expected period. Like lower back pain, nausea, headaches with some dizzy feelings here and there, bloated feeling with my clothes feeling tighter, tingly/sore breats that seem to of gotten bigger but I'm not completely sure. I really hope I'm pregnant but I'm just not sure. Any one else have issues like this? I currently don't have any insurance to go get a blood test done. What should I do?
April 12th, 2012, 10:57 AM
@Garthee, please let us know what happens. I just searched online and found this forum, and I have the exact same problem, with eerily the same dates. My last period was February 11, it's now April 12 and I haven't had another period yet.

I have been regular like clockwork since I started menstruating at age 12. I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative, then I went to my gyn and the instant urine test at the office was also negative. But still no period, so I had bloodwork and am waiting for the results. I am probably older than you at age 42, but the doctor doesn't think it's early menopause because I have no other symptoms and my period has never just stopped before. I've never been pregnant, so don't have a basis for comparison; I've gained a few pounds but I think that was from late-night snacking! If I am pregnant, I am both thrilled and terrified, since it wasn't planned but I just thought it was too late for me to have a child.

Has anyone else had a negative urine test at the doctor, then turned out to be pregnant? Any ideas about what is happening if it's neither pregnancy nor menopause? Thank you, ladies....
April 16th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Garthee, Sammi & JB1969 ,

I'm experiencing similar situation, 8 days late, no preg symptoms except heavy abdomen and twitching and then the negative home pregnancy test!

We TTC 2nd month, can I be pregnant?? Any insights is appreciated!

I have OB appointment on apr 26th.. Any results from OB for others in similar position?

baby dust!
-Lucy
April 16th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Garthee, Sammi and JB1969,

I'm in similar situation, 8 days late, no preg symptoms except twitching and tight abdomen, and the negative pregnancy test!

OB appointment on Apr 26th, any insights or any doctor results with similar situation is much appreciated!

Second month TTC- Lucy
April 20th, 2012, 06:08 AM
I came on here a few weeks ago because I thought I was going mad.
We've been trying for a while and I missed my feb period. Had nausea,
sore boobs, fatigue, sickness and cramps
but 6 negative pregnancy tests.
I was taken into hospital with a suspected ectopic,
but blood test was negative also and scan clear at time
(but they couldn't see my left FT/Ovary).
They said I was trying too hard to have baby and to go home and relax.
They made me feel like was nuts.
I was so upset we decided to stop trying for a while.
I stopped the folic acid, had lots of antibiotics and painkillers for an infection
and even got drunk once.
Took test yesterday- turns out I was pregnant all along!!!
My message is if your body is telling you something
listen to it and if they say 'you're definately not pregnant'
that what they mean is 'their tests are not indicating pregnancy'.
Doctors eh- listen to charts and test first and people second
April 21st, 2012, 11:57 PM
My husband and I have been trying to concieve for 22 months now, with one misscarriage last June. My last period started on march 5, its now minutes until april 22 and I've had no period. I took a test, but it said neg....I'm so confused! Why is my period sooo late? Could i be pregnant?
April 23rd, 2012, 10:46 PM
Update: Taken 3 more tests since I posted last. Still negative. Called to make an appointment with a doctor but they told me to wait another week or two to call and make an appointment then.

Talked to some of my family and found out my cousin didn't find out she was pregnant till she was 4 months along, took multiple tests and got negative results, went to her doctor to get her yearly done and they informed her she was pregnant and she didn't have any symptoms. Her daughter is now 3.

Good luck to everyone. And baby dust for us all!
April 24th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Quick update: same here Sammi, tested twice both came out negative. Nauseated?yes, but then that could be because of stress, bloated? Yes could be because of stress again, totally confused at this point!
April 24th, 2012, 12:41 PM
How exciting lucozadesport Congrats!
I'm 16 days late for my period today- had a little spotting in the morning, at least there is still hope as long as AF doesn't show her ugly face up!
April 25th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I would trust the pregnancy test because it has happened to me a lot of times that I thought I was pregnant but I'm really just experiencing symptoms of being pregnant.
May 4th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Update: Went to a clinic that offers blood tests, results came back negative. I haven't had my period since Feb. 23rd. They told me I need to go to a doctor and get a few more tests done to see why I'm so late. I have been experiecing so many symptoms too. I don't know what to do, my husband and I have been so hopeful. But could I still be pregnant some how? Or am I just going to have to go to the doctor find out whats going on and start back to TTC..
May 5th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Hey all, I'm new to these forum boards, & seeking a little bit of advice. I'm now 2 days late on my monthly period, I have all the symptoms of pregnancy, just lately, my boobs are sore, I'm feeling nauseous a lot of the time, cramping in the lower belly, backache, in the lower back dizzy spells from time to time, feeling fatigued a lot of the time, sometimes like I can't keep my eyes open, needing to pee loads (around 6-8 times within an hour) I've also had a little bit of light spotting a couple of days ago, it lasted for a few hours then completely disappeared. My cycle is usually every 28 days, & lasts for 5 days at a time, except this month, I've seen nothing. But the HPT says negative!! Is it possible I just tested too early? Can anyone help me shed a little light on this? Any info greatly appreciated. Claire
May 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM
My period was due on the 15th of this month..May, I took a pg test the day af was due, it was negative. I took another on the 17th, it was negative. I went to the women's center and took another urine test which was negative. I have never been late without being pregnant. So today going through my purse I found the test I took on the 17th and saw a faint line, not wanting to get my hopes up, I decided to take another one. I did and I got the 2 lines within 2 minutes of completing the test. I guess I didnt have enough HCG in my system. I go back to the women's center on Friday for a blood test.
May 22nd, 2012, 01:26 AM
Hi there everyone!! I am new on this blog, I only registered myself on this to get some advise please!!

Well I feel that I am pregnant but already did two tests but it both came out negative!! I had sex on the 23th April and normally it's one of the days that I was supposed to be ovulating!!! had my last period on 11/04/12 infact I think that I don't have a regular cycle because in March I had my period the 14/03/12.

See table below about my period dates:
Frebruary : 17/02/12 (always lasts 3 days)
March : 14/03/12 (always lasts 3days)
April : 11/04/12 (always lasts 3 days)
May : 08/05/12 (always lasts 3 days)

Well can someone please help because I am feeling really strange! Even if I had my period normally this month, can I still be pregnant even if the tests came out negative?? I had no slight bleeding/brown bleeding, I had it normally means heavy bleeding! But one week later till now I am feeling nauseous,since one week am having severe headaches...am also having cramps but its not frequent and since yesterday at work my breasts became very painful!! I did my preg test one week after my period means last week! But why am I feeling so strange?? Can it be possible that I am pregnant!!

Please help!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search